Dynadot

SquadHelp - Marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have not participated in any contest.
Other users can submit names that are in the marketplace. If they win they get the award for the contest.

•••
Other users can submit names that are in the marketplace. If they win they get the award for the contest.
if my name selected for contest that mean buyer interested in premium name?

•••
•••
•••
What an awful name..SquadHelp??

•••
•••
Is it just me, or who else has noticed a sudden surge of views on his domains over the past few days?

•••
I dont think this is possible, in order for you to submit a name, it needs to be in your account, here, I am talking about the requests where a domain name and company name is request, not when the request is just a name for the company only. Just tried to confirm this by trying to submit a name that is listed on the marketplace but is not mine, and the following message is displayed

"Unfortunately ccccccc.com domain is not available. If you own this domain, you can still submit it after listing it in our Marketplace"

•••
Is it just me, or who else has noticed a sudden surge of views on his domains over the past few days?
I did notice it,

•••
•••
•••
Hi, I'm totally new here, but I just wanted to mention I have found the Squadhelp marketplace to be quite good. I have personally sold 12 domains there, 11 purchased outright and 1 on installments. I currently have 91 domains listed, and I'm excited about the increased traffic lately. Certainly it's not for everyone, but Squadhelp is really investing in advertising, so I feel my names have a good chance of discovery with their system.

•••
yes, i've seen their ads, I have 2 with them now, one in the top 10% as they say, but will probably take some time to sell coz its at $4.4k .

Its the platform to watch these days.

•••
Unpleasant experience at Squad Help. Submitted names some got accepted. In the panel there is an approve or reject price button. On 3 names the price they gave was too low to even bother so I hit reject on those 3 names.

Immediately started getting emails telling me to point name servers to squad help after hitting the REJECT button! I contact Squad Help as the 2nd or 3rd email had threatening language in it. No resolution or apology.

About 5 days later I get an automated email telling me my account is temporarily suspended. All this because I hit reject on those three names who’s suggested prices I did not agree with.

There cut is the highest in the business on some names and they obviously have some glitches or a policy that expects you to accept their prices. Don’t like that you have to have names on their site to participate in the contests. Why? For $100? 😂 I don’t need to commit my names to someone for $100 to $200.

Will not be back.

•••
Unpleasant experience at Squad Help. Submitted names some got accepted. In the panel there is an approve or reject price button. On 3 names the price they gave was too low to even bother so I hit reject on those 3 names.

Immediately started getting emails telling me to point name servers to squad help after hitting the REJECT button! I contact Squad Help as the 2nd or 3rd email had threatening language in it. No resolution or apology.

About 5 days later I get an automated email telling me my account is temporarily suspended. All this because I hit reject on those three names who’s suggested prices I did not agree with.

There cut is the highest in the business on some names and they obviously have some glitches or a policy that expects you to accept their prices. Don’t like that you have to have names on their site to participate in the contests. Why? For $100? 😂 I don’t need to commit my names to someone for $100 to $200.

Will not be back.

No idea about the first issue you faced, maybe a staff will say something about it but with regards to your later question of why they should restrict the submissions to their in-house names,

I'll love to point you at BB, they do same with NMC. As a seller on say brandroot or brandpa, you cannot submit your names on BB's NMC.:xf.eek:

Sadly Every brandable marketplace(s) has to place it's own customers first. Besides they are contest(s) that "do" allow outside names when it is stated explicitly.

Inner peace most Essential
- Guatama Buddha

•••

Hey @karmaco ,

Thanks for sharing this. The experience you described is unacceptable, and if I were in your shoes, I too would probably think twice about listing my names again with us. Having said that, I will share this with our team and we will dig deeper into why this happened. The name server emails are only sent out in case of names that are approved and live on SH. So in this situation, if you rejected the commission, it is possible that the names automatically went back to a Basic or Basic Plus listing status (if that's how they were originally submitted).

In any case, it is clear that we need to do a better job in handling the communication, and explaining the differences between basic, basic plus and premium listings.

We absolutely do not want sellers to be under any pressure to accept the commission or selling price - which is why we have multiple acceptance steps before a name goes live. Our philosophy is that the sellers should see a clear value in listing their names with us, and if we ever fall short of delivering the value, the sellers should be free to list their names elsewhere.

Thanks again for sharing your feedback, which is very valuable. Our team is working 24/7 to improve our platform and we will take this feedback into account to further improve our platform experience.

Last edited:
•••
How does SH handle a domain that is a new reg and may still be under 60 day lock ? Like if we reg a domain at someplace like NetSol and a few weeks later put it up on SH ? Will it be accepted for sale and if so, when it sells how do they handlle the transfer ? I see a lot of "completed sales" here using other platforms and sometimes you see "hold times" under 2 months so, so there is a bit of a dance to get the domain transferred.

How does SH handle it, if at all ?

•••
How does SH handle a domain that is a new reg and may still be under 60 day lock ? Like if we reg a domain at someplace like NetSol and a few weeks later put it up on SH ? Will it be accepted for sale and if so, when it sells how do they handlle the transfer ? I see a lot of "completed sales" here using other platforms and sometimes you see "hold times" under 2 months so, so there is a bit of a dance to get the domain transferred.

How does SH handle it, if at all ?
You took the word out of my mouth.
Weeks , i have put for review 2 domains that where registered yesterday.I will be surprised if they reject domains because of this factor since i haven't found any data regarding lock-in on thier site.

•••
@NYJimbo Had a covo with their support and below was thier reply.

"Hi ,
we typically offer to transfer them to where the domain is hosted however, if buyer prefer to transfer to a different registrar and domain is locked for transferring out, they'll have to wait for the domain to get past the transfer lock period."

It depends upon buyers wish.So seems no restrictions of listing lockin domains from SH side.

•••
There are some serious issues with the site @GrantP please do fix them.

Its too much hassle to individually add names imported a csv (batch of 10 names) and all were accepted but realised that the Capitalisation of the domain names imported was not correct. There is no option to fix that through the admin panel (seriously like you have to submit a request to change how the name appears by opening a ticket and the support can't even give you the timeframe of when it would be updated).

So just deleted the names and reimported the csv file and now getting an error that names are already in the system asked the support team and was told can't give a timeframe of when it would be fixed.

Why use your actual customers to do the QA testing?

•••
Hey @karmaco ,

Thanks for sharing this. The experience you described is unacceptable, and if I were in your shoes, I too would probably think twice about listing my names again with us. Having said that, I will share this with our team and we will dig deeper into why this happened. The name server emails are only sent out in case of names that are approved and live on SH. So in this situation, if you rejected the commission, it is possible that the names automatically went back to a Basic or Basic Plus listing status (if that's how they were originally submitted).

In any case, it is clear that we need to do a better job in handling the communication, and explaining the differences between basic, basic plus and premium listings.

We absolutely do not want sellers to be under any pressure to accept the commission or selling price - which is why we have multiple acceptance steps before a name goes live. Our philosophy is that the sellers should see a clear value in listing their names with us, and if we ever fall short of delivering the value, the sellers should be free to list their names elsewhere.

Thanks again for sharing your feedback, which is very valuable. Our team is working 24/7 to improve our platform and we will take this feedback into account to further improve our platform experience.

Thanks @GrantP for reaching out and caring enough to do so. My account has been unrestricted and I am considering listing some names there. Just want the process to be smoother for everyone.

•••
@NYJimboif buyer prefer to transfer to a different registrar and domain is locked for transferring out, they'll have to wait for the domain to get past the transfer lock period."
Thanks. I wonder if its a deal breaker. I mean, does the transaction sit in limbo for 60 days or does it close and you get paid ?

•••
Heard if your name is sold on instalment, seller don't get paid until after all installments is paid. For instance, if the your instalments is spread for 6 months, sellers won't get paid until after 6 months. @GrantP should please comment on this.
If that's is true, then the policy doesn't favor sellers. I have disabled my instalments option because of this.

•••
Heard if your name is sold on instalment, seller don't get paid until after all installments is paid. For instance, if the your instalments is spread for 6 months, sellers won't get paid until after 6 months. @GrantP should please comment on this.
If that's is true, then the policy doesn't favor sellers. I have disabled my instalments option because of this.
I have sold a name on installments at Squadhelp, and I am receiving monthly payments on the name.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Back