Dynadot

SquadHelp - Marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@GrantP Kindly lower the number of minmum coin purchase if that is possible. I am seeing minimum number of coins which can be purchased is 5, Thanks.

•••
•••
But if there is no lander at SH, how are they seeing your domain ? I'm pretty sure it is not searchable internally at SH and without the lander there, the world can't hit your page if they type in the domain in their browser. Sedo, Afternic and Dan will list your domain in their search if you are not using their landers.

So I think the only way to see it is to specifically list your portfolio while on SH and then notice the name and if it sounds like something they want, then they click on it. If that's the case then I cant imagine any traffic getting to those names on their site.

-
that goes back to my original statement/questions.i have no experience at sh but it seems that if you don't go premium there is really no point listing with them at the basic level. makes you wonder why they have the basic plus level at all.

•••
-
that goes back to my original statement/questions.i have no experience at sh but it seems that if you don't go premium there is really no point listing with them at the basic level. makes you wonder why they have the basic plus level at all.
What I'm doing is using their landers to put up some names that get good traffic, but also listing at AfNic, Sedo and DAN. This gives me 4 platforms.

This gives me the power of the other search engines and the platform on SH for the lander. I'm waiting to see if SH does any more improvement on BP names and want to have a couple dozen already listed at SH with some traffic in case they do something.

•••
I just asked customer support two days ago if there is an option to check names in particular TLD.

Got reply simply there is no way at present..

And I saw this now..

@GrantP Sorry to chime in with negativity as I highly appreciate squad and staff for the platform and effort.

But please add a tld search option for end users.
Flooding your market place with .co domains overall hurts this industry and I'll explain why.
- .co your clients likely dont know there even using a Colombia extension.
- your immense adwords promotions now advertises top keywords to drown out otherwise .com sales.

Again The BIG problem is you have no option for buyers to view their choice of tld. They are forced to see a blend of .com & .co when these hold two very different branding exposures for a business. Please correct at least this.

Thank you kindly

Thanks @GrantP for quick implement...

Would be great if .TV is supported for listings...

This is helpful.

Thanks,
Ravi

Last edited:
•••
I think it's better if SH just remove the description section or at least do not let the sellers create the descriptions themselves. I spent a good amount of time crafting a description for PurestYou.com then I would find out that the owner of PurestU.com took and tweaked it. Also, why would they accept a name that's too similar to a published one? This is really frustrating.

Also, just when I thought that the logos were improving, I would get a logo like this one: CanaBlaze.com

Last edited:
•••
And the logo for CanaBlaze is already redesigned. The original looked like it was made with Paint.

•••
I'm a bit confused, why do we see it spelled both as "canna" and "cana" ?

Isnt it "cannabis" ? Isnt "cana" wrong ?

•••
I'm a bit confused, why do we see it spelled both as "canna" and "cana" ?

Isnt it "cannabis" ? Isnt "cana" wrong ?
Actually, SH is the only marketplace I know that uses 'cana'. I also found it weird at first but they have tons of cana names right now so it must be a hot keyword.

•••
@GrantP Kindly lower the number of minmum coin purchase if that is possible. I am seeing minimum number of coins which can be purchased is 5, Thanks.
@GrantP this is necessary. When I purchased weeks back, there was an option of buying just 1 coin. Now the minimum one can buy is 5.

Also, why do we have to pay for coin with Paypal/other payment methods when we have available money to withdraw in our SH account. It really make no sense not having the option of paying for SH coins with money in our SH balance.

Last edited:
•••

@GrantP this is necessary. When I purchased weeks back, there was an option of buying just 1 coin. Now the minimum one can buy is 5.

Also, why do we have to pay for coin with Paypal/other payment methods when we have available money to withdraw in our SH account. It really make no sense not having the option of paying for SH coins with money in our SH balance.

We have now added the option to purchase the coins from your Contest balance as well as your Marketplace balance. This feature should now be available in your Purchase Coins page.

Unfortunately at this stage we are unable to reduce the minimum number of coins below 5 due to payment processing fees for each credit card or Paypal transaction (there is a fixed minimum cost to process each transaction). Note: If you use your points, you can save an additional 50% in purchasing coins.

•••
We have now added the option to purchase the coins from your Contest balance as well as your Marketplace balance. This feature should now be available in your Purchase Coins page.

Unfortunately at this stage we are unable to reduce the minimum number of coins below 5 due to payment processing fees for each credit card or Paypal transaction (there is a fixed minimum cost to process each transaction). Note: If you use your points, you can save an additional 50% in purchasing coins.
Way to go

•••
Awesome, Again a quick solution which other companies takes month and years to do SH does in hours. impressive!

•••
Awesome, Again a quick solution which other companies takes month and years to do SH does in hours. impressive!
Yeah, but am still waiting for my listed domain that was delisted when it entered expiry period to be relisted long after I renewed it as obtainable on other companies @GrantP

•••
Yeah, but am still waiting for my listed domain that was delisted when it entered expiry period to be relisted long after I renewed it as obtainable on other companies @GrantP
Did you contacted support and informed about the issuse

I had same problem but it was solved once the domain was renewed and NS was updated

•••
Did you contacted support and informed about the issuse

I had same problem but it was solved once the domain was renewed and NS was updated
I did and they said I should resubmit it. I did and it was rejected:xf.eek:

•••
30 coins purchased and 30 names submitted
Just 2 accepted
Its very risky game.

•••
@myfavorite I had similar issue for one of the name I both from another seller

before it was approved and by the time I got it the listing was removed from premium

I resubmitted the name and they rejected it, I appealed and it is pending for review since a week

Last edited:
•••
Can I set up logo for a domain listed under basic plus?

•••
Have others noticed significantly slower reviews, logos, etc?

•••
Can I set up logo for a domain listed under basic plus?

No Unfortunately not , unless anything has changed, but I can give you a tip, i suggest price it under the average so that you will show as top for any " priced low to high " searches by end users

Have others noticed significantly slower reviews, logos, etc?

Yes, but it is still by far faster than any other platform , and imho be prepared for it to gradually be longer. this is perfectly normal and expected for any growing branding site, BB is now 2-3 weeks for approval, and month or more for logo.

SH is as good as it gets. and they wear it well, staff and all.
I am personally happy, I am however afraid of the fast incoming competition volume
but that is life.

Last edited:
•••
No Unfortunately not , unless anything has changed, but I can give you a tip, i suggest price it under the average so that you will show as top for any " priced low to high " searches by end users

Yes, but it is still by far faster than any other platform , and imho be prepared for it to gradually be longer. this is perfectly normal and expected for any growing branding site, BB is now 2-3 weeks for approval, and month or more for logo.

SH is as good as it gets. and they wear it well, staff and all.
I am personally happy, I am however afraid of the fast incoming competition volume
but that is life.

I might be more patient if anything sold 😜

•••
I earlier complained about a listed domain that was delisted because it entered expiry period and the NS was changed, but when I renewed it SH didn't accept it again.

I'm happy to announce that they have finally reconsidered and relisted it again. Thanks @GrantP

•••
I earlier complained about a listed domain that was delisted because it entered expiry period and the NS was changed, but when I renewed it SH didn't accept it again.

I'm happy to announce that they have finally reconsidered and relisted it again. Thanks @GrantP
Did you wait for the one month appeal or a new feature on expired names added?

•••
Did you wait for the one month appeal or a new feature on expired names added?
I just received an email notifying me that they have reviewed and relisted it. I didn't do anything else.

•••
Back