IT.COM

SquadHelp - Marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@GrantP slack channel is needed for sh sellers. It's very necessary

•••
How long does it take for SH to review premium names? Its been a few days and my domains are still pending.

Thanks.

•••
@GrantP

How does SH choose the 15 Premium domains that are displayed with lifestyle photos at the very top of the marketplace?

Some of the names there are Creative owned, some are SH owned (Zvari and Luxiena), so I would like some clarification on how they are chosen.

My question to other creatives here on Namepros, do you think it is fair that SH promotes names that it benefits most from selling?
Do you think that it is fair that these 15 names do not appear to be rotated? They stay at the top of the marketplace until sold.

Last edited:
•••
@GrantP

How does SH choose the 15 Premium domains that display their lifestyle photos at the very top of the marketplace?

Some of the names there are Creative owned, some are SH owned (Zvari and Luxiena), so I would like some clarification on how they are chosen.

My question to other creatives here on Namepros, do you think it is fair that SH promotes names that it benefits most from selling?
Do you think that it is fair that these 15 names do not appear to be rotated? They stay at the top of the marketplace until sold.

Last month I wasted 1500 points to promote 3 names , It was useless.

•••
@GrantP

How does SH choose the 15 Premium domains that are displayed with lifestyle photos at the very top of the marketplace?

I don't think they always stay in that section until they sell, I say that because I had a name that was displayed there briefly earlier this year, and after a couple weeks it was replaced, even though it had not sold. Supposedly the names are there because of popularity, but it is a self-fulfilling prophesy because they will continue to have more views as long as they are shown at the top. I don't feel any distinction should be made based on the ownership of the names, but I do agree the top section should be rotated more frequently, perhaps weekly.

•••
apologies for not reading all 23 pages before typing, but, I got this message recently:

Not Approved
Reason: Unable to offer expected commission - The price and/or commission expectation for this domain is higher than what we can offer.

I mean, i thoguht everyone put a price above what a marketplace would offer. .

I thoguht squadhelp woudl do the same? Is there a way to put an option in your account where you allow them to accept domains on the condition that you agree to their highest approved commission / price?

Just makes no sense that they'd decline a domain instead of just accepting it and giving you a proposed price... like what bb, bp, and so many other domain marketplaces do......

•••
apologies for not reading all 23 pages before typing, but, I got this message recently:

Not Approved
Reason: Unable to offer expected commission - The price and/or commission expectation for this domain is higher than what we can offer.

I thoguht squadhelp woudl do the same? Is there a way to put an option in your account where you allow them to accept domains on the condition that you agree to their highest approved commission / price?

Just makes no sense that they'd decline a domain instead of just accepting it and giving you a proposed price... like what bb, bp, and so many other domain marketplaces do......

As far as I am aware there is no such option.

I have been in a similar situation and have recommended this feature be added to the SH system a couple of months ago. Nothing has been done.

You will have to use your 5 free monthly appeals and appeal the decision on that domain and ask them what their suggested list price is.

•••

Not Approved

It happens all the time and it’s kind of idiotic. Insist on us naming a price and then reject it for that price. Better to just give your price and let us decide like everyone else does. You can submit it as a review as mentioned or list it elsewhere.

•••

Not Approved

This is from their website https://helpdesk.squadhelp.com/en/articles/2769330-marketplace-submission-best-practices

• Price expectations - If your expected listing price is near to our pricing philosophy, we will reach out to see if you are interested in moving forward with a listing price that is a bit lower than your initial request. However, if there is a large gap between our pricing assessment and your expectations, the submission will be rejected. For example, the name EverSassy.com is a strong, two-words, nine-characters, four-syllables domain listed below $2,000 on the Marketplace. If submitted with a requested listing price of $8,000 or more, it would be rejected.

Last edited:
•••
Yesterday I noticed that the domain ZIGZY.com was sold for $9999 in squadhelp.
How did they accept this price? :xf.eek:

Last edited:
•••
Yesterday I noticed that the domain ZYGZY.com was sold for $9999 in squadhelp.

I saw that and I was SHOCKED. But congrats to the seller.

•••
10K 🙄 it’s like you are committing treason to even get a name listed for 3K . Their pricing strategy is to price far below the market.

As far as that name it’s possible the person with the zig version wanted much more and this version got the benefit of that.

Last edited:
•••
10K 🙄 it’s like you are committing treason to even get a name listed for 3K . Their pricing strategy is to price far below the market.

As far as that name it’s possible the person with the zig version wanted much more and this version got the benefit of that.

they had to follow in line with BP and BB. they know the stats are that the avg sail price per domain is 3k. So why would they ask for more? Unless you have a braindead monster like a 3L, they'll always go for 3k. No point cluttering a site with domains over the average price because then they'd have an overstock.

they're a business. but we can still benefit because would you rather wait 4 years to sail for 10k or sail for 2 - 3k now so you could reinvest that into more domains?

•••
Yesterday I noticed that the domain ZYGZY.com was sold for $9999 in squadhelp.

The name that sold is Zigzy

•••
Because the names are rotating, I couldn't check it twice. My post was edited :)

Last edited:
•••
they had to follow in line with BP and BB. they know the stats are that the avg sail price per domain is 3k. So why would they ask for more? Unless you have a braindead monster like a 3L, they'll always go for 3k. No point cluttering a site with domains over the average price because then they'd have an overstock.

they're a business. but we can still benefit because would you rather wait 4 years to sail for 10k or sail for 2 - 3k now so you could reinvest that into more domains?

I’d rather get the fair market price or sell it on my own. Where are you getting 3K? That’s an exception. Majority of their names are priced just at or under 2K. Brandbucket and Brandpa have better pricing strategies in comparison. For their outrageous commission they had better perform faster.

Oh and weren’t you just stating they rejected your price? Why are you pricing it high? 😏

Last edited:
•••
I’d rather get the fair market price or sell it on my own. Where are you getting 3K? That’s an exception. Majority of their names are priced just at or under 2K. Brandbucket and Brandpa have better pricing strategies in comparison. For their outrageous commission they had better perform faster.

Oh and weren’t you just stating they rejected your price? Why are you pricing it high? 😏

I priced hi cuz I thought they would either price higher lower or equal. Instead they just rejected. And it's not Like I priced 20k.. I was going 7k to 9k.

It's weird though that you say sh names are under 2k.. all of mine that are premium are either 2.7k or higher than 4k.

•••
I priced hi cuz I thought they would either price higher lower or equal. Instead they just rejected. And it's not Like I priced 20k.. I was going 7k to 9k.

It's weird though that you say sh names are under 2k.. all of mine that are premium are either 2.7k or higher than 4k.
One of my names was priced higher...$9k

•••
One of my names was priced higher...$9k

Ya. I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I'm saying they shouldn't reject without giving a price recommendation or just giving the option before rejecting.

•••
Ya. I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I'm saying they shouldn't reject without giving a price recommendation or just giving the option before rejecting.
I buy your suggestion that they should offer the price they are willing to list for the seller to either accept or reject.

@GrantP please consider the above suggestion.

I didn't even know they give reason for rejection. Where can I find it?

•••
They have theie own standard, I don't think an explanation should be given for your rejected name.

•••

I agree. Higher prices = Higher quality, & quality over quantity is a much more sustainable business model in the long run, imo.

Last edited:
•••
I think my post #500 might have been overlooked. Here's a copy/paste:

@GrantP I have a premium listing that was given a logo I didn’t care for. I requested a review and a new logo was provided. Honestly, this new one is probably the worst logo I’ve seen on the site. Can I just make my own and send it to you? Such an option might be appreciated by others here as well.

I just took a look at the logo again. It creeps me out. It seriously has a twisted, horror-movie vibe. I almost wonder whether it was created in spite, for having requested a review. I'd be happy to make my own. I'm no pro but I can surely do better than the current logo.

•••
•••
Hi..

This is a query for other SquadHelp sellers..

It will be great if @GrantP can share some stats about this..

1)Did you ever saw any connection between selling a name and number of shortlists.. ?

Can we get a number of shortlists for sold domains I think it is not important factor but can see popularity and hence the decision to purchase it..

Kindly post in the comments with your sold names and their shortlisting number..

2) Again sellers did you sold names when it is at discounted or at original listing prices...if you share this info I think it definitely gives a chance to convert those views/shortlists into a sale..

3)Also anyone saw any shortlists on basic / basic+ names ?

Thanks in advance..
Ravi.

•••
Back