Dynadot

SquadHelp - Marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
...between 12.5% and 30%... that's well-justified if you think how much Squadhelp is spending on advertisements.
30% commission is a lot. Where is Squadhelp advertising? I'd like to see some of their marketing to know how well-justified the commission is.

•••
I've been giving Squadhelp a try. I'm finding that auto-generated category placement is flat-out wrong, and can't be removed. Anyone else seeing this?

•••
After 2 weeks on spending almost 200 coins on position boosts, no result at all, I will post also in 2 weeks again, but reconsider of paying for boosts at SH. Even if you get coins for free, its not worth it.

I was selling with them approx. 1 domain per month, but the last months are simply worse than horrible. Havent sold a single domain at SH from June on and I have 500+ domains with them. Waiting 2 weeks more and than moving everything to Afternic....

Last edited:
•••
Last year was a decent one for me when it comes to selling domain names. This one it wasn't good at all, but I think it is more like a general situation, not only Squadhelp related.

It isn't like it's working wonders in any other marketplace, and I have my domains listed almost everywhere.

I know that buying boosters doesn't necessarily mean that I will sell a domain, but at least I'm trying. This month, next month, in December too. Maybe the right person will eventually come in this game of waiting. Who knows...

I wish all of us good luck to sell more domains in the near future, because I guess we will need some :)

•••
Squadhelp added today some interesting features called "Automatic AI Merchandising".
Squadhelp Automatic AI Merchandising Features.jpg

One user asked on Sh's forum if these options will override your descriptions, possible uses, visual images etc and Grant answered that they would not.

What really caught my attention is that having the second feature enabled (Auto Industry Assignement) may increase the number of possible uses for your domain. By default you can choose maximum three uses per domain, but Squadhelp may add more "based upon buyer browsing behavior or the root words" and I think that's great. :)

•••
Squadhelp added today some interesting features called "Automatic AI Merchandising".Show attachment 203040

One user asked on Sh's forum if these options will override your descriptions, possible uses, visual images etc and Grant answered that they would not.

What really caught my attention is that having the second feature enabled (Auto Industry Assignement) may increase the number of possible uses for your domain. By default you can choose maximum three uses per domain, but Squadhelp may add more "based upon buyer browsing behavior or the root words" and I think that's great. :)
these features are not new, they've been there for a while, maybe you never noticed

•••
Squadhelp added today some interesting features called "Automatic AI...
I wish we could turn these "features" off. It often chooses incorrect categories, and even if we remove the wrong categories or wrong descriptions it adds them right back again.

•••
I wish we could turn these "features" off. It often chooses incorrect categories, and even if we remove the wrong categories or wrong descriptions it adds them right back again.
you can
Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 7.31.56 AM.png

•••
•••
But it doesn't work.
never really noticed that, i'll double check from now on, but I did notice today that they've made a few adjustments/upgrades ,maybe fixing the "AI bug" was one of it.

•••
never really noticed that, i'll double check from now on, but I did notice today that they've made a few adjustments/upgrades ,maybe fixing the "AI bug" was one of it.
Could be. They said they were working on it.

•••
How's the sale lately on SH, guys?

•••
Anyone made any SH wholesale marketplace purchases of domains and had the names sold shortly thereafter? Do you guys look for wholesale premium names that may need a rehab due to the current seller not adding a description, keywords, or the logo just not right for the name? Worthwhile strategy?

•••
After 2 weeks on spending almost 200 coins on position boosts, no result at all, I will post also in 2 weeks again, but reconsider of paying for boosts at SH. Even if you get coins for free, its not worth it.

I was selling with them approx. 1 domain per month, but the last months are simply worse than horrible. Havent sold a single domain at SH from June on and I have 500+ domains with them. Waiting 2 weeks more and than moving everything to Afternic....

Same here , seems really cold these days. No sale from many weeks but still optimistic. I have 385 premium listings.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Had a sale August and another October(both on installments). Last sale prior to these was September last year. Current Portfolio size is 63

•••
•••
•••
it was "no sale October" for me but November is look decent with one sale in high xxxx$ already

Sweet! Care to share some stats?
(Hold time on SH, how much shortlists, etc)

•••
Sweet! Care to share some stats?
(Hold time on SH, how much shortlists, etc)
less than 4months, can't really remember shortlists (less than 15, I think)

Last edited:
•••
Guys,

What is your opinion about having 100% SH/BB domains in portfolio? For example if we focus on collecting/buying only SquadHelp published names، not any other domains, can this be a profitable investment?

If not, why?

If yes, then:

How many domains can we sale per year if our portfolio size is 50 domains?

How many domains can we sale per year if our portfolio size is 100 domains?

How many domains can we sale per year if our portfolio size is 200 domains?

How many domains can we sale per year if our portfolio size is 500 domains?

Thank you!

•••
Guys,

What is your opinion about having 100% SH/BB domains in portfolio? For example if we focus on collecting/buying only SquadHelp published names، not any other domains, can this be a profitable investment?

If not, why?

If yes, then:

How many domains can we sale per year if our portfolio size is 50 domains?

How many domains can we sale per year if our portfolio size is 100 domains?

How many domains can we sale per year if our portfolio size is 200 domains?

How many domains can we sale per year if our portfolio size is 500 domains?

Thank you!
Good domains have worth, number of domain in inventory not matter. Anyway reported sales of data show, domains have 1% - 8% sale through rate per year. If you have good names in inventory, your sale through rate will be high also they will sold for higher prices. In domain flipping, patience is the key to success. Hold good names for long time and one day they will be sold.

•••

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Back