IT.COM

SquadHelp - Marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Keep your portfolio optimization score higher than 90%, promote your names everywhere you can and a sale should happen sometime soon. Good luck!
thanks

•••
Congratulations! :) After a scary pause of three months with no sales, I'm back on my average of selling 1-2 names per month (portfolio size 454).

Thanks for this. I have over 600 names now, and I am barely selling any names. My hope/expectation was around 2 names a month at this number, but I have sold nowhere near this amount. Everything is pretty well optimised, I also use WLM, but sales have been disappointing nonetheless. I am very patient, and happy to be so, but this isn't a case of sales averaging out over months, unfortunately.

•••
Thanks for this. I have over 600 names now, and I am barely selling any names. My hope/expectation was around 2 names a month at this number, but I have sold nowhere near this amount. Everything is pretty well optimised, I also use WLM, but sales have been disappointing nonetheless. I am very patient, and happy to be so, but this isn't a case of sales averaging out over months, unfortunately.
over 600 in SH premium marketplace names or over 600 names on SH?

•••
•••
•••
now that scary considering I've only 120 😬😅

Yeah, slightly. I am patient, and will continue to be. But the level of sales is a bit worrying, yes.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, slightly. I am patient, and will continue to be. But the level of sales is a bit worrying, yes.

it also depend on quality of your porftolio, can you share your portfolio link?

•••
•••
Anyone else getting crickets at sh? No activity at all for days.. no alerts whatsoever...

upload_2021-9-13_18-34-8.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
Anyone else getting crickets at sh? No activity at all for days.. no alerts whatsoever...

Show attachment 199300

Yes same thing. Even when your domain is approved for the premium marketplace nothing comes up. I think they update something, sure it will be fixed soon.

•••
•••
I keep seeing people reference the fact you can apply for Premium Names w/o coins but giving up more commission.

Is this still possible? How do you do it?

•••
I keep seeing people reference the fact you can apply for Premium Names w/o coins but giving up more commission.

Is this still possible? How do you do it?

it is possible, go to premium domains - seller preferences

select > Do not pay any Squadhelp Coins upfront. Pay standard commission when name sells

•••
Did anyone else notice that the "Featured domains" option is not working as it should on WLM? Currently, there are 45 available slots for featured domain names. The first 12 are displayed on the homepage in the section "Popular Domain Names". Once someone clicks on the button "view all names" which is directly under the "Popular Domain Names" they should see all 45 featured names at the top of all names in the exact order as they were arranged by the seller in the featured domain names dashboard page. That's the whole point of "featured". But instead, potential buyers see a bunch of random names. In my case, all names at the top are from other sellers (currently I'm experimenting with promoting the entire catalog of SH) and my names that are supposed to be "featured" are buried somewhere deep. What's the point of selecting 45 "featured" names if only 12 actually get featured? Those remaining 33 "featured" names that did not make it to the homepage are not displayed anywhere else. And that doesn't make any sense. I contacted support, but they seem not to understand the problem.

@GrantP could you please notify the developers of WLM about this issue?

Last edited:
•••
Things have died for me on SH , use to have monthly sales. Now it's a ghost town. Asides from one low ball offer on DriveGoal/king in months I'm not confident any longer.

Last edited:
•••
Things have died for me on SH , use to have monthly sales. Now it's a ghost town. Asides from one low ball offer on DriveGoal/king in months I'm not confident any longer.

How many names have you listed?

•••
QUOTE="wwwulff, post: 8395798, member: 952643"]How many names have you listed?[/QUOTE]

Currently About 125 .com 10 co

Last edited:
•••
it is possible, go to premium domains - seller preferences

select > Do not pay any Squadhelp Coins upfront. Pay standard commission when name sells

So I assume you do this, submit the names you want to pay a higher commission on and then change the setting again when you want to use coins?

•••
@GrantP,

I tried to login to my SH accounts today and I got a two-verification code pop-up after I entered my email and password.
Now, the problem is the code has not been sent to my email. Prior to this, I noticed that I don't get emai notifications from SquadHelp.
It's been like that for a while. But I normally get the notifications onsite whenever I logged in so I never thought too much about it.
Kindly help me look into this.

•••
@GrantP,

I tried to login to my SH accounts today and I got a two-verification code pop-up after I entered my email and password.
Now, the problem is the code has not been sent to my email. Prior to this, I noticed that I don't get emai notifications from SquadHelp.
It's been like that for a while. But I normally get the notifications onsite whenever I logged in so I never thought too much about it.
Kindly help me look into this.
I also got the veri code but 2 was sent instead of one, maybe check your junk folder (I tried logging in again few minutes ago and veri code wasn't asked)

•••
I also got the veri code but 2 was sent instead of one, maybe check your junk folder (I tried logging in again few minutes ago and veri code wasn't asked)

Thanks.
But it's nowhere in my email. Not even the junk or promotion folder.

By the way, I tried to log in a few minutes ago but it's still the same thing.

•••
Thanks.
But it's nowhere in my email. Not even the junk or promotion folder.

By the way, I tried to log in a few minutes ago but it's still the same thing.

Have you contacted support via blue button?

•••
FireShot Capture 022 - Squadhelp Marketplace Dashboard - www.squadhelp.com.png

Does this mean I have good chances of a sale in the coming time?
Or it is just a plain statistic to please oneself...
Before anyone asks .... I have a portfolio of 2 names only in SH ;p ....

•••
Show attachment 200103

Does this mean I have good chances of a sale in the coming time?
Or it is just a plain statistic to please oneself...
Before anyone asks .... I have a portfolio of 2 names only in SH ;p ....

I have zero trust in SquadHelp's numbers & stats. Here's a simple example: I have a portfolio that in the past 12 months fluctuated between 190 and 335 names (195 as of now). During that time I made a whopping one end-user sale. My Annualised STR should surely be under 0.5% but this is what my dashboard shows:
Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 10.45.47 AM.png

How is that possible? SH only knows!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back