Dynadot

Atom marketplace (formerly Squadhelp Marketplace)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Managed to squeeze in one sale at the very end of the month at Squadhelp. July was a very slow month on Squadhelp compared to afternic.

sold Qanva dot c/o/m $2549

best of luck to everyone in august!

Last edited:
•••
@JudgeMind

Hi, Could you share "Portfolio Popularity percent" of your portfolio now?

•••
@JudgeMind

Hi, Could you share "Portfolio Popularity percent" of your portfolio now?
Currently is 89%.

only number that really means anything nowadays is the 12 month STR.

Last edited:
•••
So I decided to try promoting the entire SH Catalog on my WLM and immediately ran into some questions. I have read your policy on Revenue Generating Landing Pages (https://helpdesk.squadhelp.com/en/articles/4599038-revenue-generating-landing-pages-beta) but it only speaks about direct type-in traffic. I'm promoting my domain names on social media and now I'm also doing some paid advertising and some online networking as well. So my question is:

1. If someone clicks on my link on social media (or elsewhere) or clicks on my paid ad, lands on my WLM and then ends up buying a domain name that belongs to SH or another seller, will I get that 10% commission from SH share? It's not direct type-in traffic, but this sale happened only because I managed to bring this buyer to my WLM.

Also, I feel perplexed that once I chose to promote the entire SH Catalog on my WLM it resulted in the names of other sellers being displayed at the top of “all names” and at the top of every single category, while my names are buried somewhere deep. So this means that I put effort and money into bringing potential buyers to my WLM and then they don't even see my names? O_o Wouldn't it be fair to let the owners of WLM have their names with logos displayed at the top of "view all names" / "All names" and at the top of each category in their WLM to at least give them a chance to be seen by potential buyers that visited WLM because of the owner’s efforts? And then if the buyer saw all names of the owner of WLM and did not find what they were looking for, they could see names of other sellers because that still leaves an opportunity for the owner of WLM to earn commission in case the buyer ends up buying a domain name that belongs to SH or another seller (win-win for all). Ideally, the names of the owner of WLM could be shown at the top of all keyword search results, if they match the criteria, of course.

I'm okay with my names competing with the names of other sellers if I choose to promote the entire SH catalog. I'm not okay with my names not even being shown on my own WLM where I bring potential buyers by investing my own money and time.

So my next question is:

2. Could we please have the option to keep our domain names with logos (or at least just premium ones) at top of "all names" and at the top of each category of our WLM?

@GrantP could you please comment on this?

Last edited:
•••
Anyone else experiencing less or no sales on SH? I used to get sales regularly but no sales now. Weird.

•••
Anyone else experiencing less or no sales on SH? I used to get sales regularly but no sales now. Weird.

Opposite actually. Sold 1 last year and 3 so far this year, two of which happened past two weeks. I built up a small portfolio to around 37. Would have been 4 sold but a user who made an offer on a domain disappeared completely after I accepted.

•••
primarily afternic/godaddy
Opposite actually. Sold 1 last year and 3 so far this year, two of which happened past two weeks. I built up a small portfolio to around 37. Would have been 4 sold but a user who made an offer on a domain disappeared completely after I accepted.
your premium portfolio is make offer ?

•••
Was averaging over a sale per month. Have had one sale in the last four months.

•••
Those of you who use SH WLM, do you only enable your own listing vs while SH portfolio?

•••
How to remove premium domains? I don't see the option

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
[deleted]

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
hmm I might be wrong or still holding on to outdated info

Turns out I was the one who was still holding on to outdated info :oops: Sorry! And thank you for the update!

•••
Not sure whats up with squadhelps search algo these days, but i type in the keyword FLIGHT and get the following results when i was hoping my top domain FlightWorld [c.o.m] would at least appear on the first page of search.

upload_2021-9-8_18-48-0.png

Last edited:
•••
Not sure whats up with squadhelps search algo these days, but i type in the keyword FLIGHT and get the following results when i was hoping my top domain FlightWorld [c.o.m] would at least appear on the first page of search.

I have the same issue with the word tech. Although generally when you type a word in search it comes up as a prefix and then as you scroll down the suffix domains start to appear - I would prefer if SH had a strict search filter like on NameBio for isolating character strings. If SH has that now I'm not aware of it. I think it would increase sales if clients could search by isolating words, or even just strings of characters.

sh_tech.jpg

•••

Show attachment 198978

I noticed this several times too. Sometimes the search is just not working the way it should.

Anyways, I tried searching for "flight" and for me this time it worked as it should. Your name appeared on the fourth row of the first page. Great name, by the way!

Flight_2.JPG

Flight.JPG

Last edited:
•••
@JudgeMind how was your August on Squadhelp? I got kind of addicted to your monthly reviews :xf.rolleyes:

•••
Got a sale after long time!!

Almost stopped submitting names in Squadhelp.

Recently added few more names.

How are you guys doing?

•••
Got a sale after long time!!

Almost stopped submitting names in Squadhelp.

Recently added few more names.

How are you guys doing?

Congratulations! :) After a scary pause of three months with no sales, I'm back on my average of selling 1-2 names per month (portfolio size 454).

•••
edited

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations! :) After a scary pause of three months with no sales, I'm back on my average of selling 1-2 names per month (portfolio size 454).
Thats great ,I'm currently 120 on SH (portfolio) waiting for first SH sale(only 9 months of domaining)

•••
Thats great ,I'm currently 120 on SH (portfolio) waiting for first SH sale(only 9 months of domaining)

Keep your portfolio optimization score higher than 90%, promote your names everywhere you can and a sale should happen sometime soon. Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back