NameSilo

SquadHelp - Marketplace

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews, started by JudgeMind, Jan 26, 2019

Replies:
Views:

1. Nametree

Nametree Nametree.com VIP

Has anyone had discrepancies between the calculated net proceeds and what they actually deposit in your account when a sale is complete?

I just had my second one today. Domain sells for $1899, net proceeds listed as $1329, but they actually deposit $1294. The first time this happened it was a $49 discrepancy and they adjusted it, saying it was a manual error and “won’t happen going forward.”

Lo and behold…

—-
    Edit: It appears that this particular name had been submitted without a coin, which makes the commission 35% instead of 30. It didn’t explain the discrepancy between the listed net proceeds and the actual payout, but it’s resolved. Either way, transparency and accuracy matter, especially when you charge 30+% commissions…

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. br1ll1on

br1ll1on Established Member

maybe you have "Incentives for Contest Submissions" on

3. JudgeMind

JudgeMind BrandAim.com PRO VIP Trusted Contest Holder

Seems things have been overly slow the last few weeks at sh. It could be due to the recent holiday. Anyone else seeing crickets at sh?

4. Votumejero

Votumejero Established Member

Affirmative

5. mzakaib

mzakaib Upgraded Member Gold Account

Very slow at SH. Really has me concerned & rethinking a couple things.

6. Veneris

Veneris Established Member

Slow activity on SH lately. What's going on anyone?

7. br1ll1on

no idea, 76 domains... 0 sale in the past 7 months here

8. JudgeMind

i believe that sh has been adjusting their algorithms. I've noticed a significant drop recently in sales, inquiries and views/shortlists.

@GrantP do you have any info you can share with any changes/adjustments that may have happened recently?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  9. freety85

freety85 Established Member

What I noticed: super boosts are not worthy or at least they are not working in a logical way. Let's see an example you have a name keyword1/keyword2.com. You purchase a super boost and many times your name is not bumped up to the top few lines for keyword2 sometimes not even for keyword1 (main keyword). Same scenario for primary category.
    Also I noticed large portfolio holders names are ranking pretty well for some categories/niches and they are stuck there on top (most probably SH system have them there due to high engagement from buyers as I believe they have limited boosts as well). My super boosted name for same main keyword and primary category can only rank below those names. If we pay 4 bucks for super boosts I think would be fair to have the listing near top at least for that week for keyword1, keyword 2 and also for primary category in order to being able to compete against fierce competition. Maybe my understanding on the super boost system is incomplete. Not sure how you guys market your names, especially the ones are listed for ages and are on the bottom of the barrel.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  10. November

November Top Contributor VIP

My Portfolio Popularity is 21.35% now, it was 48-50% 2 weeks ago. :xf.eek:

11. GrantP

GrantP Squadhelp.com Squadhelp Gold Account

Thanks for tagging me. We continue to update our discovery algorithm on an ongoing basis in order to maximize the relevance of results. However there hasn't been any decline in our marketing spends or website traffic. In fact, our marketing spends have been consistently ramping up for the last several months, and we have now added additional marketing channels (and countries) where we also advertise the names for sale.

It is important to analyze the portfolio performance over a longer duration instead of month over month because there can be many factors that can cause a variance in month over month performance for individual portfolios.

Regarding the views/ shortlists, we have made some significant changes in our caching technology as well as added additional blocks on Bots and scripts that scrape our website. These changes can likely cause a shift in pattern related to certain stats such as views and shortlists.

12. JudgeMind

13. Tom Blue

Tom Blue Established Member

@JudgeMind you have no idea how many tips & valuable info you gave me throughout this thread! Thank you so much sir, I owe you.

I'd love to ask you a quick question: How do you obtain the premium domains that you list to SH? Are they hand regd?

For example some of your past sales that are compounds like “ForeverNest .com”, “UserSpark .com”, or “Overleap .com”, did you buy them in an auction or hand-registered them? I'd love to know more about your process because it will help me a bunch.

Tnx!

14. JudgeMind

It’s nice to hear I’ve helped out! That is why I share my sales. 🙏🏻

ForeverNest = GoDaddy closeout
    UserSpark = Name Liquidate
    Overleap = GoDaddy auction buy

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  15. Tom Blue

Tom Blue Established Member

Thanks !!

16. JudgeMind

I notice that the ads i see on my social media used to display only names that i had viewed, which were all my own names. Now its a mix of my names which i viewed and other sellers names. I think sh has adjusted the re-targeting algorithm. Hard to say at this point if the lack of sales is due to an algorithm change or if its because of july and holiday season. Sales on other platforms really picked up for me after the second week of july.

This month i added these domains to my premium listings:

Metrics (vc)
    Jock (co)
    Program (xyz)
    Global (xyz)
    Gaming (xyz)
    Phisyql (com)
    Webmaster (vc)
    Vivu (co)
    HotReel (com)
    FortuneSave (com)
    Firearms (co)
    HostBud (com)
    VeggyGo (com)
    Genotrex (com)
    Astrovega (com)
    Zama (io)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  17. br1ll1on

by other platform you mean?

18. JudgeMind

primarily afternic/godaddy

19. ReallyBigIdea.com

ReallyBigIdea.com Restricted (15-30%)

recent updates with SH WLM if you remove sq nameservers your domains will be unlisted from you WLM website. it makes sh WLM useless and i will delete all of my domains from SH.

20. tomcarl

tomcarl Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Seems like rejection spree lately. Dunno why since suffix+prefix contend with what's listed. More appraisals though.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  21. JudgeMind

Yes. Sh rejected both mm (.vc) and pp (.vc) It’s madness imo as these are two of the rarest and highest quality .vc available on the market.

22. JudgeMind

MONTHLY SH UPDATE

Currently have 819 premium listings

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  23. L3af

L3af Established Member

Can you still submit names without coins?

24. GrantP

GrantP Squadhelp.com Squadhelp Gold Account

@ReallyBigIdea.com There might be some misunderstanding because you are allowed to list your domains on WLM even though your domains do not point to SH name servers. You just need to verify ownership by adding TXT records in that case.

To summarize, there are two ways to add domains to WLM:

Option 1: Point name servers to SH
    Option 2: Add TXT records to verify ownership

Pointing name servers does provide some additional benefits such as :

* AI Based auto generated descriptions
    * Automatic TLD registration monitoring (e.g. receive notifications when new TLDs are registered for your listed domains)

However you still have access to all other core WLM features even if you do not point name servers.

25. VidhataPrakash

VidhataPrakash Established Member

Many of the names I have submitted have been rejected. Some of the good quality names were rejected as well....

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice