Dan.com
Dynadot

Fadi H

BrandNameSolutions.com
Impact
Hello everyone,

So I've recently got a domain name that was previously sold at Squadhelp.

I tried to list the domain at the same marketplace but Squadhelp didn't allow me to do so, They said that they do not accept to list previously sold domains because they think it's not a good business practice.

While the domain is owned by me, They said that in order to list the domain they require a listing request from the buyers that purchased it first time from their marketplace. In other words, They need a request from someone that doesn't own the domain in question, Just because they purchased it previously from the marketplace they will have their word on it for life. Do you think this is reasonable? Because I don't.

How about listing the domain name that I own for sale and do business as normal, Isn't this a better business practice for me and Squadhelp, As a brand marketplace?

Your opinions matter.

@GrantP

capybara

capybara
Impact
General public is negatively biased towards "selling domains" as it is, and selling a domain they previously sold might give them some bad publicity since some people are very likely to start a s-storm when they see you selling "their" domain, so I totally understand why they don't allow it. Its one thing when you're an anonymous private seller or a dedicated domain selling platform, but its very different for someone like Squadhelp who is not just about domain selling.

Fadi H

BrandNameSolutions.com
Impact
I've followed up with SH and still didn't get any more details about this matter unfortunately.

They confirmed that only the original buyer who bought the domain from them will be able to relist it. If they're no longer the owners the domain will not be relisted. I asked for the real reason behind this but no more details were provided.

I think it's time for SH to revisit this, Is the community satisfied with such a policy?

@GrantP I hope to hear something.

Fadi H

BrandNameSolutions.com
Impact
Move on..

I dont think there is anything right or wrong in this.

If it doesn't matter to you, It does to me.

I posted this thread to discuss this matter so If they are wrong they could probably revisit this, And If I'm wrong I will correct myself.

biix
Top Bottom