Dynadot

(Spam) offers trying to sell you domains you already own

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Anyone getting these types of emails?

Are you perhaps interested in **********.com? It's on sale now, and we are taking in offers. Only the name is for sale, without the website.

Another email offers me a link to buy another one of my domains for $49.95 (yeah, right). Was curious but did not click the link.

None of these domains are approaching expiry or have been offered for sale on any platform.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Offer them something not too outrageous, like $100. If it's from a throwaway email address then it's likely from a reseller/registrar that is happy to front-load pending delete names. Their system probably misidentified your name as pending delete. I get these and I just reply "$100" in an email, nothing more. Then sit back and report as spam the automated emails coming in asking me to pay for the name I "ordered". It's no wonder domains have such a dirty reputation with schemes like this running constantly.

•••
Yeah, it's a common piece of spam. Just ignore

That and the type where they say that someone tried to register a domain and they checked the trademark...

samuel l dotson

•••
I get these all the time. Sometimes I own the domain, sometimes it's one I dropped but it's not available to buy yet. One time it was available to buy and I bought it for reg fee. Thanks spammers!

•••
If you look closely what they are offering is a domain name that is similar but not exactly the same as yours, like one letter off.

•••
One time it was available to buy and I bought it for reg fee

Me too! It was a pretty good name...I sent them an email thanking them for bringing to my attention but got no response.

Yep...most of the time they do not own the name...they take the money, buy the name, transfer it out and pocket the difference. Only a few are doing this on a large scale...most ultimately related to the same parent site. At least it keeps them off the streets!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back