Dynadot

news Something interesting will happen on Neon.Life soon...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It looks interesting. Can't wait to see the details in a few days. For sure something this high profile, especially released in conjunction withe the CES, will boost the extension. I am a little surprised they did not select an .ai, but great for .life that they did not. Thanks again.
Bob

•••
Couple of genuine questions below....

Has there been any sales in the .life extension which are hyphenated?

How many 2 words have been sold?

I mean when one of the strongest possible 2 word combos only sold for the below, it does make me question the value of owning/investing in 2 words for .life

realestate.life 2,500 USD - 2018-02-04

The next highest 2 word sale I could find is

icheck.life 400 USD - 2018-08-28

•••
Thread on it already - https://www.namepros.com/threads/samsung-using-neon-life-domain.1169758/

-------------
Here we go again,

So you have a crystal.ball do you?

How da feck do you know what these will ever be worth?

Question for you. I'm not knowledgeable to get exact statistics, but I have been keeping my eye in the sky and my ear on the ground.

Blah.blah.blah said the sheep. "don't reg anything but .com2 they said" blah.blah.blah said the sheep. "don't reg any of the new gtlds they said"

Now, let's compare all of your domain names to the portfolios of the top 1% in this industry. Compared to their domain names yours are all garbage. They are worthless to the top 1%. They wouldn't even give you a buck a piece.

Everything in moderation. Don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Best to let people assume you're stupid than to open your mouth and confirm it.

Maybe I like garbage. I'm long term unemployed and maybe going onto disability benefits. Maybe I register all that I can afford.

Or maybe, you have been living under a bridge and haven't seen any changes in the world. You can even get more that one channel on your tv now!!!

I have officially been a domain investor for one year now. I'm not a newbie anymore. Give me the courtesy to presume that I have learnt something on my travels.

One example to disprove your ill-judged (see the hyphen there) dismissal of me and my domain names.

www. example-genericgymname.fitness sold for just under $10,000 last year. Most people who hold solely .coms would be happy with that price for a .com never mind for a new gtld.

Now, go away back under your bridge and maybe when you have plugged in your green screen computer you will see that the world is evolving...slowly to some but watch this space.

Maybe you will be as keen to come back to me with facts and figures and statistics and reports and blogs and podcasts to disprove my theory, but maybe I am the one seeing the bigger picture rather than you in you perceived .com bubble.

The dot.pie is getting dot.bigger and as someone with more wisdom than you stated the .com.pie can only go so far and as you're probably too narrow in your ambition, you will probably recognize me in the future as you see the red of my tail lights going past you in the slow lane.

Get.a.life.troll

He was being honest, names aren't good.

Hard enough to sell a domain. Harder with dashes. Pretty much impossible with dashes in new gtlds.

The dot.pie is getting dot.bigger and as someone with more wisdom than you stated the .com.pie can only go so far and as you're probably too narrow in your ambition

Here's a little cold, hard truth. Don't take advice on what domains to buy from registrars or registries. They are not your buddy. Frank was telling people to reg crappy .sexy when they came out, horrible names. In your case, you're just repeating marketing mumbo jumbo. Understand whether you buy good names or bad names, the registrar makes money regardless. That thread is a promotional thread meant to drive money to the registrar, you fell for it.

•••
Thread on it already - https://www.namepros.com/threads/samsung-using-neon-life-domain.1169758/

-------------

Hard enough to sell a domain. Harder with dashes. Pretty much impossible with dashes in new gtlds.

Here's a little cold, hard truth. Don't take advice on what domains to buy from registrars or registries. They are not your buddy. Frank was telling people to reg crappy .sexy when they came out, horrible names. In your case, you're just repeating marketing mumbo jumbo. Understand whether you buy good names or bad names, the registrar makes money regardless. That thread is a promotional thread meant to drive money to the registrar, you fell for it.
That thread is a news thread, if you take it as a promotional thread then the more fool you.....

EDIT - not calling you a fool.......

•••
Last edited:
•••
I'm talking about the hyphenated thread started by the registrar.
OK - you just shared the thread to a Namepros news page, that's where the confusion came in.....

•••

-------------

Sure, didn't they use marketing mumbo jumbo to sell cigarettes, beer, betamax, diesel cars and personal wearables.

Someone could wake up tomorrow and start a billion dollar company from scratch and that is achievable within say two years. Suppose they decide to go with something that is not a .com. Where will we all be then.

A year is a very long time in terms of domain investing and maybe it is possible to create a marketplace where previously there was none.

Expect the unexpected.

We shall also have to agree to disagree.

•••
I'm talking about the hyphenated thread started by the registrar.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/hyphenated-com-domains-are-back-in-fashion.1154810/

It's a promo thread. Horrible names being posted mainly by newbies who fell for the marketing. Only pie that's getting bigger is the registrars.
Lol, only few things posted on Namepros so far are really comparable to this thread imo .. everytime I remember it, I envision the INFAMOUS PIE, which is getting bigger and bigger for the good of all of us, but not really asking whether we like it or not :xf.smile:

•••
the 2 domain-extensions .life vs. .live is quite confusing.

Use a .com domain or go home...

•••
the 2 domain-extensions .life vs. .live is quite confusing.

Use a .com domain or go home...
What exactly confuses you there? :) Those are very basic, frequent English words....imo.

•••
What exactly confuses you there? :) Those are very basic, frequent English words....imo.

Good evening,

Unfortunately, the English language can be confusing to many...including me and its/it's/it is my first language.

The word 'live' can be pronounced as either 'live' as in 'give' or 'live' as in bee hive.

I shall get the hang of it one day...lol

•••
Good evening,

Unfortunately, the English language can be confusing to many...including me and its/it's/it is my first language.

The word 'live' can be pronounced as either 'live' as in 'give' or 'live' as in bee hive.

I shall get the hang of it one day...lol
He was responding to the difference between life and live which have 2 VERY different meanings.......noun & verb......

•••
•••
Saying above, I would urge everyone to reg investment grade domain names.

In .life for example, in 2020 we have biggest chances with meaningful 1 worders, plus they need to have large end user pool to increase the chance of resale. Something like good / life or happy / life - if you have domain like that, you can make lot of money on it one day, imo :)

•••
The Neon.life site is now active in case people did not notice.

•••
Back