IT.COM

discuss Someone having fun on Dan.com ?

NameSilo
Watch

freety85

Established Member
Impact
3 strong one word dot com sold with BIN respectively on Dan.com. I believe these are fake listings, opinions? How could those be listed, no ownership verification?

Based on the thread below things like this can happen:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/meta-com-meta-com-edit-was-for-sale-dan-com.1256867/

1639344984135.png

1639345101783.png

1639345133789.png

1639345198087.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, they are obviously fake. I think Dan.com needs to do a better job vetting the listings.

I have had issues as a buyer many times when it comes to buying domains that are not actually available. I have had several purchases canceled.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
3 strong one word dot com sold with BIN respectively on Dan.com. I believe these are fake listings, opinions? How could those be listed, no ownership verification?

Based on the thread below things like this can happen:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/meta-com-meta-com-edit-was-for-sale-dan-com.1256867/

Show attachment 206072
Show attachment 206073
Show attachment 206074
Show attachment 206075
From expired domains? Because I couldn't find them on Dan:unsure: & you don't land on them..

Last edited:
•••
There is no massive mystery. The owner can mark the domain sold at anytime and you get that page.

Another reason why people should not be reporting other peoples sales based on that landing page.

Last edited:
•••
No idea guys, usually expireddomains crawls the BIN's perfectly from all marketplaces, so if those very low bin prices were real these should be fake listings. This is not the first time I see this and Brad also confirms wasting time as a buyer. Ownership verification should be taken more seriously in the first place not only on Dan. IMO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back