Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

droned

Established Member
Impact
I have noticed that expired domains on porkbun goes on dynadot auction
If you go on htt p:/ /marketplace.design and clicking on make offer you will forwarding on dynadot auction
dynadot .com/market/auction/marketplace.design

what do you think about this process?
I do not started an auction.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
pork to dyna
dotster to gd
etc etc.

nothing to think about and nothing you can do. its how it goes for exp names.

all u can do is renew your names before they expire... or few days after.. just don't wait a month.

cheers

•••
pork to dyna
dotster to gd
etc etc.

all u can do is renew your names before they expire... or few days after.. just don't wait a month.

cheers
What if I delete an expired domain from my Porkbun account? dynadot auction will be canceled?

•••
What difference does it make what happens to your expired domains? You let them expire and they are no longer yours.

Hoping that you might be able to re-register them back for a couple dollars less with a coupon? Is that your objective?

•••
The problem with high annual renewal so I want to drop the name and after the redemption circle I will register it again .. but dynadot auction for porkbun expired names is ruined my plan..

•••
Hoping that you might be able to re-register them back for a couple dollars less with a coupon? Is that your objective?

correct

added:
If the domains are actually worth keeping, trying to save a couple dollars is a high risk for a low benefit.
.design renews at $35.47 its to high renewal so i prefer drop and reg again.. :)

I got restrictions on Namepros :/:
You have reached your limit of 3 post(s) every 7 minutes.

You may upgrade your account or post high-quality content to bypass most restrictions: .

Last edited:
•••
If the domains are actually worth keeping, trying to save a couple dollars is a high risk for a low benefit.

All expired domains will end up picked up one way or another if they are worth picking up.

Last edited:
•••
Ownt :p Kinda sad everyone's so cheap, totally taking advantage of every loophole like worms do!

•••
I have noticed that expired domains on porkbun goes on dynadot auction
If you go on htt p:/ /marketplace.design and clicking on make offer you will forwarding on dynadot auction
dynadot .com/market/auction/marketplace.design

what do you think about this process?
I do not started an auction.

what were the "other" domains? just curious since you seem very upset. I'm sorry friend. but your strategy? just made me think of when I'm at a discount clothing store on a Tuesday that drops it's price on a Thursday. and I find a nice pair of "fat man" jeans for $10 and THEY FIT!

Do I leave it back in the pile of other jeans and wait till Thursday?

ummmm no? Do you know how many fat men are around my neighborhood? lol:xf.wink:

moral. always renew the domains that matter to you.

•••
pork to dyna
dotster to gd
etc etc.

cheers

...just don't wait a month. ???
I renew a month late all the time at dynadot!

•••
DynaDot has a policy that if you renew late past thirty days you pay extra ($10.), so if your goal is saving money, why renew late? Contradicts your cheapskate policy of letting it expire and hoping to get it back for a couple dollars less with a coupon.

Plus assuming you avoid the $10. fee, what are you going to learn in those thirty days anyway? that you didn't already know at the beginning of the month? Are you hoping a domain will sell during those thirty days? Ah but then you won't even be able to transfer it if it is expired and is for example private registration, or under other circumstances too. Plus if you have a domain that shows as expired, you might lose a buyer who will see it expired and may decide to wait and see if it expires before trying to buy it. And then during that wait period, the buyer might lose interest or find another domain...or...get it when it expires if your Most Dangerous (Wait) Game fails.

Lately I am renewing two even three months IN ADVANCE. Yes, maybe for one domain that ends up being sold during that period I have "wasted" eight dollars, but so what?

Last edited:
•••
also isn't it cheaper to transfer out? just google "cheap .design domain transfers" transfer right before expiration because dynadot will block all authorization info until you renew your domain. sneaky deeky

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back