NameSilo

Sold SemenRetention.com $17,999 (hand reg)

Labeled as .com in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by bruhne, Jul 21, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. NameBuyer.com

NameBuyer.com Top Member PRO VIP Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

Congrats Chris! Well done.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Congratulations Chris, and it's great when one sale makes up for the previous name registrations you wish you avoided it. Now you can sit at the poker table of domaining with full racks and can play in a better mood financially and psychologically.

3. BradWilson

BradWilson Upgraded Member Gold Account

Well NameWorth got the estimate pretty close.

I wonder if their estimate was the same before the sale?

How about it @NameBuyer.com ?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  4. WatchDogue

WatchDogue Top Contributor VIP

That is a great sale!

Congratulations!

5. alienbaba

alienbaba Escaped AREA 51

Awesome! I have a sort of opposite of your domain which is also a popular term in the NO FAP niche lol. I didn’t expect this kind of sales price for this niche, but I have retained hope that wetdreaming dot king may sell now :hungry:

6. BradWilson

BradWilson Upgraded Member Gold Account

Oh if this is anything like Blue Balls I'm out Ugh!!! :)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  7. NameBuyer.com

Yup, it has no knowledge of sales.

8. Jv1999

Jv1999 Spamming Exo: Dark Merc of the Exo-Tower VIP

So i'm looking in Google, and Semen Retention isn't like a field that brings in... money? I mean, i even tried Semen Retention Consultant... 1st page had no consultants trying to make money giving advice.

It's not unknown that domain price depends on the industry's wealth. I'm not understanding why someone bought it for $18k when all I'm seeing on Google are personal websites and AdClick articles about how to semen retain.

I'm not bashing your sail at all lol! It's awesome! I mean, whoah! A HAND REGGAE for $18k! That's wilder than Vegas Poker.

It's just that... it doesn't make any sense, imho. And I'm so interested in what your negotiations were like... Did he lowball you for $100, then you were like, "Nah, $18,000."

9. Grilled

Grilled Black Lives Matter VIP

Good timing.

SemenRetention.com had been consecutively registered from June 2014 to June 2018.

You had registered it in September of 2018.

After deducting 75 days from the expiration cycle, it appears this domain was available to hand register for a month or two, before the registration idea popped in your head.

10. Jv1999

That's even more amazing.. 2 years, $18k. I had thought he meant he got it in 2014!

11. mamunurgsm

mamunurgsm Established Member

Its a wonderful domain and congratulation to you

12. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

13. NameBuyer.com

Could just be that someone is selling a related product like a supplement and want's to capitalize on the 26,000 global searches each month. If a searcher is looking to do something semi-extreme like this, they are probably the perfect customer for a nutritional supplement. It's like selling protein powder to people looking up dumbbell curls.

If they can get half of those 26,000 visitors to view their supplement organically, it will be a much better investment than paying $1.00 per click x 13,000 visitors ($13,000 per month). Like you said, there probably isn't much competition right now so could be somewhat easy SEO-wise compared to other nutrition niches.

Could even be a book if the subject matter is popular enough.

upload_2020-7-24_21-45-17.png

14. WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.com WhoaDomain.com Gold Account

lol I got that one! I see what you did there! :xf.wink::xf.grin:

15. WhoaDomain.com

I think this "method" is how the Nazi's successfully captured France. I think they practiced this.

Their UBoats were long and hard and full of seamen.

16. WhoaDomain.com

the real question is. Does 26,000 monthly searches really merit the spend on this domain? I have domains with far more monthly searches than this. Should I expect at least $17K from now on for those domains?

I really don't think so.

17. CraigD

CraigD 360promo.com VIP

I hope you washed your hands after hand registering!

18. Amit Kirkole

Amit Kirkole Established Member

Congrats Chris....many more sales to come...(y)

19. ThatNameGuy

ThatNameGuy Restricted (33% DM) Gold Account

I've known all along this industry is the most fu*cked up industry know to man, but this proves it. First I have to congratulate you, for this the greatest "buy and sell" transaction of a lifetime(y)

I'll add a little irony/humor to your story.....last night while folding and putting my socks away, I think of the name "Mask Socks" and voila; MaskSocks, MaskSox and MasqueSox evolve. Then after reading your post I got to thinking how socks could help "semen retention"....i can't go there, but it proves yet again how screwed up the domain industry truly is:xf.eek:

20. Mytz.com

Mytz.com Top 4L [email protected] IEIE.com CUTU.com NESU.com KKIK.com VIP Gold Account

21. domaineed

domaineed Established Member

22. Haroon Basha

Haroon Basha IZUQ.COM VIP Gold Account

As a practitioner of SR, you were paid off handsomely. Congratulations @bruhne

23. ShawnTeo

ShawnTeo Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

This is how domaining is so unpredictable :ROFL:

24. Compassion

Compassion Let's do business together. PRO VIP Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

Maybe Mantak Chia and his crew bought it.

He would be promoting his books, martial arts, retreats, etc. more so than supplements.

By retaining our seed, we need less and less qi from the outside world to fuel us because we have turned the most vital substance a man has inward to maximize vitality.

25. Jv1999

Exactly. People shoot for search volume far greater... if you're buying a $18k domain, the search volume might as well be in the 100s of thousands if not millions. (ok nevermind millions XD).

If the sail is real, then this is definitely a huge outlier. Especially since the buyer could've gotten the .ME. But i see now that most of the TLDs and even the hyphenated .com are taken. All by the same person I think because they all resolve to the same sailz page.

not just that, if you check namebio, there are no "semen" domain sailz above $800. I do hope the buyer paid lol.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice