.tv Sold rain.tv $6500

NameSilo
Watch
Rain.tv sold
Got call at home first offer was $2000 I counted with $6500 he accepted

this year I sold one other for $12000 but owner ask me to keep that one private

happy days

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Money Showers... Rain... Rain.. Rain... Rain... Congrats!

•••
That's awesome! Congrats!

•••
I think that is a great sale. I've owned similar one word .tv domains in the past and always it difficult to get more than low $x,xxx offers, so very well done.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Rain doesn't even seem to go with tv. When I first read the post I thought, okay radio dot TV that makes some sense.

•••
•••
•••
Rain.tv sold
Got call at home first offer was $2000 I counted with $6500 he accepted

this year I sold one other for $12000 but owner ask me to keep that one private

happy days

Congrats! Will you be reporting to DN Journal?

•••
•••
Congratulations and celebrations :)

•••
Congrats @hullswingerscom ! Nice to see quality .tv names still going for great prices!

•••
It's not "quality," odds are that a TV station with that name exists somewhere. Possibly in Russia, as it has been mentioned.

Congrats @hullswingerscom ! Nice to see quality .tv names still going for great prices!

•••
•••
Not entirely sure about value but I do see that ww2.tv was recently dropped. Someone may be interested in it. Perhaps a website dedicated to cataloging tv series, movies and other media about ww2. Thinking it could work as an amazon affiliate site (link to the different Tv series and movies for purchase etc.)

Edit: Scratch that. I just talked myself into regging it. Google adwords keyword tool estimates 10k-100k exact monthly searches for "ww2 movies". Even if I don't develop into a repository for WW2 movies and tv shows, I could see a tv series about ww2 being interested in ww2.tv.

Last edited:
•••
It's not "quality," odds are that a TV station with that name exists somewhere. Possibly in Russia, as it has been mentioned.

Perhaps 'quality' was not the best word, but to me a name is quality if SOMEONE wants it enough to pay a premium price. I respect that others may reserve quality for names that would be near universally desired. To me you just need one or a few people highly valuing a domain to make it quality.

•••
It did not go to Russian tv but to a Amazon Channel TV Thunderstorm Series

Just wanted to say thanks for your Congrats ,sure maybe I could have got more as he accepted my counter offer. fast!!
.I ask him what it was going to be used for and he said for his brothers weather blog...lol

but you have to be happy for what you get I have lost names before asking to much and 8 years down the line I am still renewing them ....
There is a lot of names out there now with all the NGTLDS and Domain names are not my main interest anymore.
.TV is for developing not holding long term, renewals add up and at the end of the day it will get developed and this is good news for everybody who holding.TV so that makes me happy for them.

thanks again good luck guys with your names....

•••
Really glad to hear of your sale of RAIN.tv and thanks for taking time to share your information with everyone.

I think $6500 was a fair price for both parties - but I'm equally sure that:

1. you could have got more for the name

2. you were lucky to get what you did

LOL

Everything, of course, depends on the buyers desire to acquire the name combined with the sellers determination to keep hold of the name until the right price comes along.

I'm glad both factors combined to make this sale happen - and you got yet another moment in your list of lucrative .tv sales

Don't forget to enjoy the money.

Oh, and as I spent much of my childhood in Manchester, can I just say I appreciate your ILOVEMCR screenshot. Nice.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Congrats and so happy with you! Where did you sell it? Thanks

•••
•••
•••
Rain doesn't even seem to go with tv. When I first read the post I thought, okay radio dot TV that makes some sense.

We will never know how the developer will use the domain until the developer develop the domain with content. I replied a buyer with some advise that how my domain is useful for etc. etc. purpose and why my domain is valuable and later realized I actually dont know how the buyer will use the domain and my explanations are really useless. If someone want to buy a domain probably they already know how to use that domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back