Dynadot

question Sold Names still in my account

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

johnn

WeSellName.comTop Member
Impact
I sold a bunch of names to a buyer and they are from different registrars.

There are about 10 Moniker names and they are still in my account.
These names will expire in 3 weeks.

I send several PMs and emails to the buyer warning that he needs to login to his Moniker and accept the PUSH

No Answer

What would you do?

1. Let them expire
2. Renew or transfer them out
3. Keep sending PM and email

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yikes, that's a tuff one. Maybe they're waiting for you to renew them before accepting the push request.

If you like them, I would renew them and collect the renewal amount from the buyer before pushing to their account. This is probably the best option.

If you don't like them, let them expire and continue sending e-mails. This is risky though depending on how you accepted the funds since they can do a charge back possibly. Maybe the decided they didn't want them anymore.

Hard to say.

•••
These are expensive names - 3 Letter names.

•••
where did you sell :) For example if you sold here and they did not conclude within a time frame then the sale is void and you can do what you wish. I have had this problem before.. Not here

•••
These are expensive names - 3 Letter names.

I would definitely renew them and continue e-mailing them. I would cancel the push until they actually respond to your e-mail.

•••
Depends on selling price too. I would renew but still 3weeks left.

•••
•••
Crazy that someone would purchase valuable names and not answer. Like anything, maybe had some type of emergency and is unable to respond. Another reason to renew before the expire.

•••
I sold them here. I checked the profile and he is online every day.
He did pay.

•••
I happened to me once. I renewed the domain and kept emailing the buyer (which already paid) and forgot about it. I waited around 8 months till the domain expired lol. I kept the name and re-sold it one year later after a second renew.
Keep them.
After renewing them, keep them for yourself.

•••
I sold them here. I checked the profile and he is online every day.
He did pay.
Very strange indeed. I now see your dilemma.

•••
The sold date was October 17 2015

•••
How much did those domains sold for?

•••
If they continue to not respond, I would vote for you transferring the domains out to another registrar. Then if they contact you down the road, they can pay the renewals and you can push them out.

A bit sketchy with the person not contacting you but they appear to be online. I would just make absolute sure that you don't lose the money and domains. Another reason to transfer them out to another registrar.

•••
6.1.17 ( Default timeline for sales: transactions must be initiated within 7 days of an offer being accepted. The domain transfer must be completed within a grand total of 14 days from the time the offer was accepted. Alternate timelines are only accepted if both the buyer and seller agree to it.

•••
maybe the person wanted to secretly give you money but didn't want to make it obvious ahaha
I had those situations with 2 names.. but Mid XXX range, the buyer reached 3-4 months later, just before the renewal.

If they are 3 letter names there's no doubt to renew them no matter what. What's the worse it's going to cost, 30$? if the person payed decent for them.. it's pocket change.. I would send a message or email with the date it was purchased and that you have tried to reach several times. I would add at the end if no response is receive by ..... date, the non-response would be considered that the he/she is forfeiting the claim to the names in question. (I would give another 1-2 months).

After that if there's no response, then you gave all the necessary delays. It's part of the agreement that they finalize their part.. and there's no clause saying you are obliged to give a refund neither to infinitely hold on to the names for them.

•••
He sent me an PM on the 10/18 and said that he received all the names.
Luckily I subscribed to domaintools and they send me emails on all of my "about to expire" names.

•••
Make sure they are still really in your account. There are some registrars (mydomain.com, pheenix's) that even after I have transferred out it appears like the domains are still in my account.

•••
I double checked but the weird thing is why did he reply to me after several pm and he is online every day?

•••
Maybe they think they truly have received the domains, and now you are spamming / trying to scam them, and now you're being ignored.

Anything is pure speculation. Renew the domains, forget about it, and wait it out. Send a message every now and then.

•••
I double checked but the weird thing is why did he reply to me after several pm and he is online every day?
If you would like me to contact them on your behalf please let me know

•••
Make sure they are still really in your account. There are some registrars (mydomain.com, pheenix's) that even after I have transferred out it appears like the domains are still in my account.

That is an interesting thought. I do recall a name that I had transferred out of Moniker but it still showed up in my account for months after. I don't remember if I could do anything with it but I'm sure the system still showed it in my account - figured it was a Moniker glitch or something.

Something to definitely check out as that might be the case here.

•••
maybe a silly question but have you actually confirmed they are IN your account still, and did not simply change accounts but retain YOUR contact info (hence domaintools informing you as registrant/admin regarding the pending expiration)? Scratch that, just saw you wrote you "double checked".... so that is indeed weird. I had some "ghost" domains which appeared to still be in my account at name awhile back after they were transferred out to another registrar but eventually corrected itself.

•••
I think he read this thread. All the names are gone in the last 5 minutes.

Case solved.

•••
I think he read this thread. All the names are gone in the last 5 minutes.

Case solved.
Too funny. Glad it all worked out!

•••
Back