IT.COM

.com Sold my first 5 figure USD name

NameSilo
Watch

omelet

Top Member
Impact
The name was hand registered at netfirms.com, at price of $1.99 back in 2016 Fall. Sold in 2017 Oct. Buyer came in with offer $20,000 USD. Accepted. Escrow traded.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I did nothing actually. This is purely the grace, or if you want to call, luck. I don't deserve it, paid little money, no promotion, no negotiation, no nothing. smoothly done,
You had the foresight to register it. So, you DO deserve it. (They say that all wealth is first created in the mind.) Enjoy it. And perhaps share a bit of your good fortune with someone close to you. That will give them tangible proof that your activities can me profitable. Helps make up for the times you're "somewhere else" while on the computer!

•••
@omelet - Congratulations :xf.smile: I wish you have more sales like it, thanks for sharing (y)

•••
Congrats @omelet!

Don't be so modest .. Domaining most certainly is lots of luck .. but a big part of that luck is quality of domains. So while this or any single sale is often luck .. your chances go way up if you pick the right names .. and law of averages dictates you'll get a few good 4 figures sales every X amount of time for every Y number of domains on average! :)

I never checked your site until now .. looks really good .. and seems quite organised .. that likely is also one part of the equation! Can we assume it sold through your site?

Are you going to use the funds to go to NamesCon? :)

•••
Oh how we wish these offers come our way on a daily basis, seeing the end of the tunnel would be easy:xf.wink:

•••
What's the first keyword?

I'm curious as I hold a few "kids" related domains.

•••
Knowing the Domain would be nice.. Congrats any way.

•••
I will ask the buyer, and if she agreed, or would not have other comments, I will post guys

•••
I couldnt imagine holding 3000 names, i think worrying about renewal fees would stress me out to much. I only got 100 names and i can barely cover the annual renewal fees, i will be dropping a bunch of names this year that are not .com

I am still increasing the number....:xf.laugh:

•••
I am still increasing the number....:xf.laugh:

Impressive :) The $24k+ a year in renewal fees would scare the crap out of me. lol

•••
Impressive :) The $24k+ a year in renewal fees would scare the crap out of me. lol

well, the process is:

increase more better names, and
dropping more ugly names.
keep the portfolio more sharp and outstanding.... I believe there would be some sales during each year can covers the cost.

•••
Guys, I think Facebook bought my names.

•••
Nice job on the sale, but I find zero value in disclosing without sharing the name. Getting tired of people sharing mystery five figure sales on here.

•••
@omelet

I know you been working hard and buying a lot Congrats bro! Glad it paid off.Hope you sell another one like this

•••
The first word is:

"Messenger"

•••
Guys, I think Facebook bought my names.
Probably, $20K - this is their standard offer... twice higher than standard offers from Google...

•••
Probably, $20K - this is their standard offer... twice higher than standard offers from Google...

1st ever lecture to deal with this type of buyer:xf.laugh:

•••
Last edited:
•••
Many Congrats @omelet. Best of luck for more decent sales.

BTW, really awesome store NamesBuy.com.

•••
•••
Nice job Omelet!!! Way to go!

•••
Congrats Omelet!
Great Sale, Great ROI, Well Done!

•••
MessengerKids. Truly an incredible Mike Mann type flip. This kind of sale definitely involves a lot of luck and owning a lot of domains, but still... you regged it and still had it while Facebook needed it while renewing a ton of other domains. This is why domaining is awesome. Kudos.

Last edited:
•••
The name was hand registered at netfirms.com, at price of $1.99 back in 2016 Fall. Sold in 2017 Oct. Buyer came in with offer $20,000 USD. Accepted. Escrow traded.

First off, CONGRATULATIONS on a very nice sale!

Second, I'm pleased to learn that the high ticket name was about a year old hand reg, evidencing the efforts some put forth to create or conjure names that can result in an occasional name gem sale.

•••
If the domain is Messenger / Kids as some said then will it have something to do with FB for announcing Messenger for 13 year olds ?:) ....or 13 year olds are not kids :p

•••
Congrats, don't blow away all the money for candies :xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back