Dynadot

.com Sold my first 5 figure USD name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

omelet

Top Member
Impact
The name was hand registered at netfirms.com, at price of $1.99 back in 2016 Fall. Sold in 2017 Oct. Buyer came in with offer $20,000 USD. Accepted. Escrow traded.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The name was hand registered at netfirms.com, at price of $1.99 back in 2016 Fall. Sold in 2017 Oct. Buyer came in with offer $20,000 USD. Accepted. Escrow traded.

Congratulation

•••
Interesting I had a price inquiry a few days ago on a two word domain of mine, second word kids. First word pretty short. I set the price at mid four figures. Yours must have been pretty awesome for them to pick it over mine at five figures.

But you're saying you closed your deal in October?

Last edited:
•••
Interesting I had a price inquiry a few days ago on a two word domain of mine, second word kids. First word pretty short. I set the price at mid four figures. Yours must have been pretty awesome for them to pick it over mine at five figures.

But you're saying you closed your deal in October?

I finished the deal quite long time ago, never thought to disclose it

•••
Congrats on the sale. Very nice website too

•••
I finished the deal quite long time ago, never thought to disclose it
I believe disclosing the name and pricing helps in 2 ways. Sellers with similar names know how to price their domains. They are able to justify sale price to their potential customer. Also, the buyer is able to assign some value based on previous similar sale.

Just my thoughts

•••
Many congratulations. Wish more come your way. :xf.smile:

•••
Congrats !!! well done !(y)

•••
people want to learn from my experience, here is what I thought:

when you own more than 1000 names and hold them for years, yes, there must be 1-5 this types of sales happened.

So that's why all of us feel surprised Mike Mann can always sell good price. You should know he has 300,000 names. That's the game of possibility. The more name you hold, the more such sales.

People always ask about magic behind, but there are really nothing solid/ sounding magic and lectures to share. You cannot learn from other sales- this is my perspective.

Insist and hold more names is the way. However, we all know a lot of risks over there, means we cannot hold too long, we all need cash flow.

well, I have my eyes to select names, and I usually keep them for no reason,sometimes i never thought to sell them, but keep them for fun.

I love all nice names. I have visions in future branding too.

•••
interesting that some of my five star names cannot sell good price, even no one have interests in offer high.

and some of my names without that much expectations can usually be sold at nice price.

Last edited:
•••
I did nothing actually. This is purely the grace, or if you want to call, luck. I don't deserve it, paid little money, no promotion, no negotiation, no nothing. smoothly done,
I really appreciate the way you put here... most of these big sales comes once in a blue moon and that is the reality.

•••
•••
nice sale

Right Name + Patience + Timing + Dash of Luck = Sales

•••
Please mention the name so we know such keywords that goes well with kids in endusers' perspective.

•••
•••
•••
congrats on the great sale

•••
I couldnt imagine holding 3000 names, i think worrying about renewal fees would stress me out to much. I only got 100 names and i can barely cover the annual renewal fees, i will be dropping a bunch of names this year that are not .com

•••
There must be only one reason why you are not sharing the domain name and that is....

You know what it is

:peeking:

•••
•••
•••
I couldnt imagine holding 3000 names, i think worrying about renewal fees would stress me out to much. I only got 100 names and i can barely cover the annual renewal fees, i will be dropping a bunch of names this year that are not .com
Even in my first years of domaining - I had no less than 300 domains...
~3.3K as of today...

•••
$20K initial bid - really nice...
Never had such offers from start... max. $10K.

•••
Congrats @omelet !!! :xf.smile:
Personally I don't need to know what the name is, the fact that you were able to sell a $1.99 hand regged domain for $20k is inspiration enough for me :-P
Wish you more sales like this! :xf.smile:

•••
•••
Congrats. A couple of members already asked you if there is no NDA then why not mention the name and even report to DNJ and I fully agree with that specially since the sale took place a two months ago

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back