Dynadot

question Sold domain which was bought from godaddy via afternic. Been 9 days since domain transfer but still no payout scheduled

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Sold domain which was bought from godaddy via afternic. Been 9 days since domain transfer but still no payout scheduled. Why's this happening? Can someone help me out. @Joe Styler

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just wanted to say that I just got paid by Afternic via PayPal today (12/10) even though the payout schedule was 12/12. I transferred the domain completely on Sunday (12/5).

•••
16 days passed and they even not schedule my payment and i have push domain already and when i call to afternic support they told me buyer not responding if he not response we will cancel the transaction and return domain to you.. and but @AbdulBasit.com saying after 14 days afternic release funds to seller if buyer not respond...
What going on with your support @Joe Styler ?

•••
16 days passed and they even not schedule my payment and i have push domain already and when i call to afternic support they told me buyer not responding if he not response we will cancel the transaction and return domain to you.. and but @AbdulBasit.com saying after 14 days afternic release funds to seller if buyer not respond...

Here is what Afternic have told me in the recent past:

"With non Fast Transfer sales, it is our policy to not release payments to sellers until the domain has been delivered to the buyer. This is why some payments are released the same day as the transaction and others are delayed.

In both referenced cases, the payouts were delayed because the buyer was unresponsive after purchasing the domain. After a domain is purchased directly through Afternic, the buyer is prompted to provide us with their registrar account information so that we can provide them with instructions on how to take ownership of the domain. In both these cases, the buyers did not provide us with their registrar account information and were unresponsive to our broker and Transaction Assurance agent reach out attempts. Without know what registrar/account to move the domain to, we were unable to deliver the domain. As a worst case scenario, if the buyer does not take ownership of the domain within 10 business days (two weeks), the transaction will get escalated and we will create an account at the registrar to move the domain to. We then release the funds to the seller. This scenario is rare, as most buyers do not hesitate in gaining access to the asset they just purchased, but it does happen. Our brokers educate the buyer on the post purchase process when selling the name, so I am always surprised when buyers drag their feet/go unresponsive after purchasing a name. It is unfortunate that this happened with two of your buyers in such a short period of time, but this is not a new trend that is happening uniformly on our platform.

I checked on xxxxxxxx.com and we will begin the process of creating an account for the buyer if they do not respond today, so we can release your funds."

And for Fast Transfers:

“Fast Transfer payout timeline, a Fast Transfer payout is paid out between the 7th and 10th day from the sale. A manual transfer sale can be paid out as soon as the owner takes possession of the name.

Cancelling the transaction and giving back your domain just doesn't make sense to me. Since you've tagged the right person at NamePros (Joe Styler), I believe he'll sort it out your issue.

•••
I have had it take a month it really doesn't matter as you know for sure it is coming. Makes it difficult to do business when see how some people react to waiting.

Last edited:
•••
One payout for a domain which I was sold on Monday morning, hit my bank on wednesday in india. It's quite fast.

•••
One payout for a domain which I was sold on Monday morning, hit my bank on wednesday in india. It's quite fast.
We are talking about afternic schedule date of payment...

•••
That does seem pretty long. Let me know the domain and I will ask them to look at it.

•••
Now solved Ta told me we will pay you in 18th dec.
Thanks @AbdulBasit.com for good information...

•••
Back