Dynadot

Sold a site I bought for $5 here for $2,200!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
A bit of luck, but mostly a strong intuition that the site name I bought here in a domain pickup thread was a bit undervalued. Once I got the site, put together a full templated news site with images and ad placements, contact forms, the whole 9 yards. Was going to try for high hundreds ("suggested" price was $150), but when a guy sent me an email absolutely needing the site for a startup, and having the cash, I started at $2,500, and only came down $300.

Namepros is da bomb!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Congratulations, job well done

•••
Congrats. It sounds like the buyer was no amateur, meaning that you must have done a great job, and it was a win-win.

Thanks for sharing the recipe.

•••
•••
A bit of luck, but mostly a strong intuition that the site name I bought here in a domain pickup thread was a bit undervalued.

First off, Congrats Rantwire!

2nd, there was no luck involved here at all. You have put more work into that domain then 1000 of us here have done on our last hundred domain names.

You definitely deserve this sale with all of that hard work you put into increasing the value of it. You basically built a small business on it. Awesome!

Now all you have to do is...
Rinse and Repeat!

Vito

•••
Awesome. Congrats man, you worked for that "luck", well deserved.

•••
Congrats! @Rantwire for this excellent sale, you did a great job developing this domain turning it to life, thanks for sharing.

•••
Congrats on the sale! What do you mean you "hit up all the blogs" with your twitter account? A bit confused here and seemed like an important part of the sale. Would like to learn if Tweeting helped you sell it! Which seems like it could definitely work well. :)

•••
Congrats on the sale! What do you mean you "hit up all the blogs" with your twitter account? A bit confused here and seemed like an important part of the sale. Would like to learn if Tweeting helped you sell it! Which seems like it could definitely work well. :)

Congrats on the sale @Rantwire

Can you explain the above? It helps

•••
A bit of luck, but mostly a strong intuition that the site name I bought here in a domain pickup thread was a bit undervalued. Once I got the site, put together a full templated news site with images and ad placements, contact forms, the whole 9 yards. Was going to try for high hundreds ("suggested" price was $150), but when a guy sent me an email absolutely needing the site for a startup, and having the cash, I started at $2,500, and only came down $300.

Namepros is da bomb!
Sweet!

•••
Congrats on a completed deal!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back