IT.COM

.com Sold a hand-regged 18 characters .com for $10,000 USD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I recently sold the domain name:

pod.png

For $10,000 USD via Sedo, so happy with it because it is the longest domain(18 characters) and also a highest hand-regged name that I've ever sold, most importantly... it has 0 other TLDs taken and almost no similar registered domains exist.

I hand regged this domain name back in 2012 when I quitted my pharmacist job from a hospital and kept renewing it for 8 years till this year. :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Show attachment 174799
For $10,000 USD via Sedo, so happy with it because it is the longest domain(18 characters) and also a highest hand-regged name that I've ever sold, most importantly... it has 0 other TLDs taken and almost no similar registered domains exist.

I hand regged this domain name back in 2012 when I quitted my pharmacist job from a hospital and kept renewing it for 8 years till this year. :)

Congrats! Wow, such a long wait and many renewals... but worth it.

•••
Congrats! BIN or Make Offer ? Thanks

•••
Congrats! BIN or Make Offer ? Thanks
Make offer, the initial offer was $7.5K and I countered $10K, the buyer accepted it right away.

•••

Show attachment 174799

Very Nice! Congrats!!!!

Thanks for sharing price and story

•••
•••
Congratulations on the awesome sale

•••
•••
Make offer, the initial offer was $7.5K and I countered $10K, the buyer accepted it right away.

Congratulation, patience paid off realy well.

If I may ask, what was the minimum offer price setting for this domain ?

Was it $7500 or buyer valued on his own and accordingly made his initial offer?

•••
I set a BIN of $10,000 at Afternic but had this name parked at Sedo with "Make offer" setting (no minimum offer price), maybe the buyer saw the BIN at GoDaddy at the beginning and visited the domain and decided to make an initial offer of $7.5K later, but I still insisted $10K at Sedo so the buyer accepted.

Last edited:
•••
Congrats on this really nice sale!

Was the buyer your first offer on the name or did you have many other offers before this one?

•••
nice sale. Congratulations! :) Bon.

•••
Congratulations on great sale!
Shows the value of a long domain name as long as the length is essential to describe a product or service.
Bob

•••
•••
•••
Congrats Fleaking. You are killing it

•••
it is the longest domain(18 characters) and also a highest hand-regged name that I've ever sold, most importantly... it has 0 other TLDs taken and almost no similar registered domains exist.

Hi

Congrats on the sale!

also glad you pointed out that note about length, 0 tlds taken and low number of similar names registered.

as it contradicts many of the notions about what is an important metric of/in acquisitions, that gets spread back and forth among some domainers.

i see buyer has gd ppc page up now

imo...

Last edited:
•••
Hi

Congrats on the sale!

also glad you pointed out that note about length, 0 tlds taken and low number of similar names registered.

as it contradicts many of the notions about what is an important metric of/in acquisitions, that gets spread back and forth among some domainers.

i see buyer has gd ppc page up now

imo...

Yes, there needs to be logic used, metrics matter but they are not absolute.

•••
@fleaking Congratulations on great sale for a decent price!

Cheers and Enjoy!

Last edited:
•••
Amazing! Congratulations! Your patience really paid off :)

•••
•••
Congratulations on the sale and thanks for sharing!

•••
Congrats. Sometimes, you have to go against the crowd and follow your gut when picking a domain.

•••
Was the buyer your first offer on the name or did you have many other offers before this one?
I've just checked it and I noticed that there was only one offer before but very low like $100 in 2015.

•••
congrates.
these days ondemand is really hot.
most one word+ondemand and ondemand+word are gone,even some with -
congrates again for a good price for you.

•••
Back