Dynadot

discuss Solar Roof vs Solar Tiles vs Solar Shingles

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Where do you think this is heading?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Solar Shingles

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Michael Daigle

Established Member
Impact
Tesla reported on their earning call the other day about completing its first solar roof installations. The first solar roof customers were Tesla employees.

Tesla is marketing it as premium "Solar Roof", which makes sense given that they are using different architectural styles, with the introduction of additional sculpted terra cotta and slate versions of the solar roof in 2018.

As production ramps up into 2018, sales will expand to the U.K and Australia,

I own SolarShingles.org, but looks like tesla marketing is geared towards "solar roof" and "solar tiles".

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The product is called a solar tile but the consumer will call it a solar roof. The alliteration solar shingle sounds best out of all three options but I don't think that term would ever be widely used.

Last edited:
•••
I was looking into this some months back'

•••
I've owned SolarRoofTiling(dot)com for about a year now although zilch interest to date...

•••
A "solar roof" is a photovoltaic system, consisting of many components, installed on a roof. One major component of this system is "solar tiles".....

•••
Tesla reported on their earning call the other day about completing its first solar roof installations. The first solar roof customers were Tesla employees.

Tesla is marketing it as premium "Solar Roof", which makes sense given that they are using different architectural styles, with the introduction of additional sculpted terra cotta and slate versions of the solar roof in 2018.

As production ramps up into 2018, sales will expand to the U.K and Australia,

I own SolarShingles.org, but looks like tesla marketing is geared towards "solar roof" and "solar tiles".
Shingles comes across as an old fashioned term, most new house do not feature shingles, good luck

•••
There's also Solar Panels too

Last edited:
•••
Thers also Solar Panels too
I think some folk do't like the look of those so they don't bother, that's why I like the idea of solar tiles

•••
tesla is using the term Solar Roof because they want it to look and feel like a design feature, instead of the old ugly solar panels

an all in one seamless concept

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back