Dynadot

question So Who has a Solution to Andrew Reberry?

NameSilo
Watch
I doubt people are gonna sit idle for long as that vacuum sucks every good domain out of the drop, and then posts it on his site for $2000. NameJet and Snapnames are in decline as he beats them everytime. Who is next to challenge him?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Seems as though he'd have to sell all the good domains in order to renew the heaps of junk that he's collecting. Doesn't seem sustainable IMO.

•••
There are a lot of Greater Fools out there which are probably buying some of his not so good names as well. But, yes, I agree with you. To me, this is not a sustainable model. But only time will tell if he is eventually successful or not. But at least he's only paying about $8 for every registration. However, if you want to beat him you need to pay $69 in a Pre-Release Auction. That's ok for 1 or 2 domains, but might also not be a sustainable model as you scale up. One thing which surprises me is that he can still find (apparently decent) domains to re-register. I would have thought he would have cornered the market in the last 2-3 years, coupled with the increasing drop competition.

Last edited:
•••
The first in best dressed really, I assume that better tools and hard work is what gives the real advantage and wholesale marketing plan posting here to move them quick bringing it to your attention. Top of game. There are a few domainers that have amazed me with there collections presently yummydomains has just a superb collection. I am jealous too for the record.

•••
•••
Seems as though he'd have to sell all the good domains in order to renew the heaps of junk that he's collecting. Doesn't seem sustainable IMO.

As an example of what I was saying above. I came across a domain on Godaddy Auctions yesterday, which was a new reg a year ago. But AR's website said they had sold the domain. So somebody must have bought it, dropped it. And then it was registered by somebody else at GoDaddy, who also dropped it after 1 year. I think the original buyer was one of those Greater Fools.

•••
A solution to Andrew Reberry huh?

This is so easy most won't agree but the answer is simple " Development".

If you stop chasing hundreds of thousands a names and sit down and develop even 10% of your portfolio and build a revenue stream your already ahead of andrew. Think about it while he's fighting tooth and nail to avoid renewal fees of thousands of names your cashing checks :)

I can't agree more.

•••
•••
•••
A solution to Andrew Reberry huh?

Blake

The simple answer was given by @DU - Move to Pre-Release. But even that has got a lot tougher since the last time this thread was resurrected, over 3 years ago. Thanks for the ressurection @hookbox :) Some threads do stand the tests of time. 3 years ago, this was all a tad of an unproved business model. But today, I think they have proved it has been successful for them. Since they have doubled down with even more registrars.

Last edited:
•••
I've been actively dropping my adult domains. HugeDomains has picked up about 10% of them. They have a particular penchant for the word, boobs, for some reason.
I have boobies.us :P

•••
Make a rap video about them, and get hundreds of views!

Apparently, they've had some TM problems in the past.

Found the original by googling a couple lyrics, which happened to be in the description of it

"Living unaware to the subliminal imprisoning,
It's like you're walking with invisible-chains,
With only what you're told to see within a visible-range,"

Don't be enslaved by the cybersquatters. File a UDRP today.
Or at least send a nasty email with a link to your own rap song.

•••
•••
As of today, 20190309, Andrew Reberry has 1252 registrars. More than 1/2 the total exported from ICANN. [2460] GoDaddy has one. What's up with that? Is there any advantage in him doing this?
Is it only in his mind??

•••
As of today, 20190309, Andrew Reberry has 1252 registrars. More than 1/2 the total exported from ICANN. [2460] GoDaddy has one. What's up with that? Is there any advantage in him doing this?
Is it only in his mind??

Thanks for resurrecting this 2 1/2yr old thread @SidneyJag. I think maybe he has invented a sustainable business model. After all, his risky investments seem to be paying off, doubling his number of registrars every 2 or 3 years. Maybe in another couple of years, he will have 80% of the ICANN Registrars? I take my hat off to the guy/team. They run THE PREMIER drop-catching service on the planet, at the cheapest price. They use their own service to feed their retail outlet, HugeDomains. It appears to be a sustainable business model. Which wasn't so clear 2-3 years ago.

Last edited:
•••
Is it only in his mind??

Thanks for resurrecting this 2 1/2yr old thread @SidneyJag. I think maybe he has invented a sustainable business model. After all, his risky investments seem to be paying off, doubling his number of registrars every 2 or 3 years. Maybe in another couple of years, he will have 80% of the ICANN Registrars? I take my hat off to the guy/team. They run THE PREMIER drop-catching service on the planet, at the cheapest price. They use their own service to feed their retail outlet, HugeDomains. It appears to be a sustainable business model. Which wasn't so clear 2-3 years ago.

It is clear actually, every registrar has a limit of attempting registering a domain name with ICANN.

The more registrars he owns the more registering attempts he has with ICANN.

After all, registering a domain name is not about your computers power but more about bureaucracy actually :D

He pays 1-2 million dollar per year for only paper work of his registrar companies with ICANN.

That way, after a domain drops he is able to make 1000 requests per second to ICANN, while godaddy is able to send 2 requests per second.

•••
@serhatkotan - Which is why GoDaddy don't compete in the Dropcatch Market (At least yet). DropCatch are 500 times more likely ever second to catch drop catches compared to GoDaddy. Why anybody uses GoDaddy to try to dropcatch domains, is beyond my ken.

•••
Is it only in his mind??

He/team behind clearly making good return of investment no wonder after five years that register count become double.

•••
HD has a lot junk inventory for sale at $xxxx. How many quality domains are in the hands of NP members available at comparable or lower prices?

•••
Yes, some one try to judge the average quality and value of HugeDomain domains. Use Estibot appraisal algorithm or goDaddy, then compare it to average domainer's.... Hahahaha

You should also request the History of all HugeDomains ever owned and then use WHOIS to see if it might have sold. Visit each one to see which was tturned into a website. How many was sold? How many has turned into websites?
What does an average sold HugeDomain look like? YellowingUndies.com?

•••
HD has a lot junk inventory for sale at $xxxx. How many quality domains are in the hands of NP members available at comparable or lower prices?

Lots. Why are are we not all millionaires? Instead of struggling domainers.

•••
It is clear actually, every registrar has a limit of attempting registering a domain name with ICANN.

The more registrars he owns the more registering attempts he has with ICANN...
This is correct, except the attempts are with the registry, Verisign, not ICANN.
He pays 1-2 million dollar per year for only paper work of his registrar companies with ICANN.
Last I checked a while back, ICANN accreditation (paperwork, as you put it) was $3,000 per registrar per year. Assuming 1252 registrars, that's $3,756,000 per year.
That way, after a domain drops he is able to make 1000 requests per second to ICANN, while godaddy is able to send 2 requests per second.
1000+ attempts per second sure sounds like a heck of a lot. That is until you factor in the number of domains they are attempting to catch (thousands each day) and the number of wasted, empty attempts during the drop :sneaky:

Last edited:
•••
OK. To add to these stats. The Reberry Empire are dropping approx 4.5K of domains tomorrow, according to DropCatch. At that rate, it would mean they are dropping 4500 x 365 = 1,642,500/yr :)

•••
This is correct, except the attempts are with the registry, Verisign, not ICANN.

Last I checked a while back, ICANN accreditation (paperwork, as you put it) was $3,000 per registrar per year. Assuming 1252 registrars, that's $3,756,000 per year.

1000+ attempts per second sure sounds like a heck of a lot. That is until you factor in the number of domains they are attempting to catch (thousands each day) and the number of wasted, empty attempts during the drop :sneaky:
1000 is just hypothetical actually, i dont remember the actual number, i just know that it is 1000 more time than other registries, even with the number of domains they try to catch it is still giant. :D

Yes it is with verisign, since this request limit per regitrar returns in favor of ICANN, i didnt mention Verisign i guess.

•••
@serhatkotan - Which is why GoDaddy don't compete in the Dropcatch Market (At least yet). DropCatch are 500 times more likely ever second to catch drop catches compared to GoDaddy. Why anybody uses GoDaddy to try to dropcatch domains, is beyond my ken.
You are right, compared to dropcatch, godaddy is like a reminder service i guess, people use it for not valuable domains but just some domains that matter to them actually. Godaddy cant even catches drops at the same day :D

•••
He does deserve it. but I think the jury is still out as to whether this is a viable model or not.

It feels good to think it may not be working for him doesn't it?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back