Dynadot

SnapNames - One of the worst services in this industry.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GeorgeQuang

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys, just want to share my experience with Snapnames.
I had a name that i won in Snapnames Auction. Paid fee for them and managed this domain under my Epik account.
After a year, i checked this domain to transfer away, then i was noticed that my domain was canceled (i have over 1500 domains, so i couldn't check one by one).
Contacting Epik.com, they informed that "The transaction was canceled in 2019 and refunded at the time of the transaction. Contact Snapnames if you don't see your refund:. => OKAY

Contacting Snapnames.com, got reply after 9 days "According to the WHOIS, the domain is still registered with Epik. What we would recommend would be to contact them directly. Registrar: Epik, In" => Fucking reply.

Trying to inform them again with screenshot of Epik's CEO reply, after another 9 days, Snapnames.com replied:
"Thank you for contacting SnapNames Support.
To ensure the integrity of Snapnames auctions, all orders are final and non-refundable.
It is the customer’s responsibility to maintain the accuracy of the orders placed within the account. By placing a backorder on a domain name you are committing to your bid and the sale. Bids can be canceled at any time prior to the auction starting. This can be done from the “Pending Orders” section of the account.
Once an auction begins, any order made on a domain cannot be removed."

So i received nothing with their services:
- Terrible communication systems, their customer have to wait 9 days to receive feedback form them.
- There weren't any emails to inform about the cancellation from one of my domain's transaction.
- There is no refund for your money.
Let's assume that you won a domain that costs hundreds or thousands dollar, then the transaction of this domain is canceled within any notification emails, and you don't have refund for it (with the same case, NameJet will add the refund into your Balance Wallet to pay for further services and Snapnames? NOTHING). WTF ???

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back