IT.COM

question Single word .XYZ vs single word .LINK

NameSilo
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
puppy.xyz and surgery.xyz are single word domains that are for sale for over 100K each. Assuming you're an "end user" and didn't have 100K plus to buy either of these domains, might you consider buying similar domains with another extension that make sense?

What i find interesting is that Puppy.com forwards to Puppies.com and Surgery.com forwards to CosmeticSurgery.com. Interesting too is that the single keywords "puppy" and "surgery" are the kind of words that when associated with .com sell for millions of dollars(y)

Question? Wearing an "end user" hat, which would you view as the better deal, puppy and/or surgery .xyz at 100k, or puppy and/or surgery .link for 50 to 80% less? Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd think of a different name. A 2 word com maybe that was available or a "brandable" because I still wouldn't pay 20k for a link name.

•••
I'd think of a different name. A 2 word com maybe that was available or a "brandable" because I still wouldn't pay 20k for a link name.
Is that because you "hate" the .link extension? Do you hate the name Linkedin? Do you even know what a "link" is? Here's some help;

Link​

Updated: 11/04/2017 by Computer Hope
A link may refer to any of the following:

1. When referring to communications, a link is a connection between two devices.

2. In data management or a file system, a link refers to the capability of sharing or viewing shared information.

3. On the Internet, a link is more appropriately referred to as a hyperlink and is what connects web pages to other web pages.

4. Link command, see the link command page for additional information about this command.

5. In spreadsheet programs, linking means a worksheet with the capacity to receive its data in specific cells in a different worksheet. Essentially, the sharing data between worksheets.

6. In HTML, the <a> tag is used to create links between different objects and web pages on a website.

7. In HTML, the <LINK> tag is used to create a link between a web page and an external resource.

•••
It's got nothing to do with whether I like the link extension or not. It's whether I would want to spend 20k on any name.

No need to be so condesending about what my understanding of a link may or may not be either.

•••
It's got nothing to do with whether I like the link extension or not. It's whether I would want to spend 20k on any name.

No need to be so condesending about what my understanding of a link may or may not be either.
Oh....misunderstood. I wouldn't pay 20K for .XYZ either. Keep in mind we're talking about "end users" here and not domainers. However a surgical center might consider Surgery.link or even Surgery.xyz if it has fabulous content behind the name. Note, Surgery.com leads to a "cosmetic surgery" site making either Surgery.link or Surgery.xyz even more desirable imo.

Would luv your opinion on Comedy.link vs. Comedy.xyz....anyone?

•••
Xyz seems more generic where as link would limit the obvious use cases for the extension.

•••
Xyz seems more generic where as link would limit the obvious use cases for the extension.
Looking to register Buffalo.link that seems more generic than Buffalo.xyz, but what do i know:xf.rolleyes: Thanks for your opinion.

•••
D Haynes....i really like DOMlinks.com, and what makes it even more powerful is that like Linkedin it uses the keyword "link"......did you happen to notice that?

Reading between the lines i feel as though you'd more likely than not agree with the statement, ".LINK is no worse than .XYZ" Thanks again for your input, and I'll reach out to you @ Domlinks. Good luck!

•••
If you have a matching keyword like

hyper.link

auto.link

e.link

In fact if you have interest in e.link I know the owner ^ message me privately

•••
If you have a matching keyword like

hyper.link

auto.link

e.link

In fact if you have interest in e.link I know the owner ^ message me privately
How are you Alessandro....it may be about time for me to travel back to Italy. Want to start a dating service headquartered in Rome....i haven't registered it yet, but as of this moment Romance❤️link is available and i believeTuscan.link may be available too.

Any way....we're connected on Linkedin and I believe I have your email address. I'll reach out and share some information with you. Plus we can all use a trusted second opinion, and I feel I can trust you. Thanks

•••
I won't buy a .link name or even .xyz (I have a few of these tho).

Wearing an "end user" hat, I likely won't know those extensions exist and if I'm pitched or discover them somehow, I'd afraid to buy either.

Why? Because I've not patronized any business or visited any website with either of those extensions.

•••
ask the guy who bought Block.xyz

•••
I would try to stay in the mainstream border,
like com, io or xyz now.

Or maybe search for an alternative like .pro, or similar specialized ones (.dev etc).

.link, is really really special.

That's just a link ;
sounds to me like one of these url shortener services.

.link is also quite long with 4 digits as extension.

my opinion.

•••
Back