IT.COM

showcase Showcase your Defi & Decentralized names & any news

NameSilo
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Inspired by @capiche 's sale (congratz by the way!) and @DomainBarracksRob idea for a showcase thread, I thought I would set one up.

Courtesy of Github:

What is Decentralized Finance?
Decentralized finance (#defi) is the movement that leverages open source software and decentralized networks to transform traditional financial products into trustless and transparent protocols that operate without unnecessary intermediaries. One could envision decentralized finance impacting the financial world the same way that open source software has changed software products.

https://github.com/ong/awesome-decentralized-finance

The below gives a nice breakdown on what it is all about

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/decentralized-finance

https://blockonomi.com/what-is-decentralized-finance-defi

I regged 2 today and will not be going on any mad reg spree.......

Defi Mortgages.com
Defi Securities.com

Please share your names, related news and your thoughts...............

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Embedded Finance using Defi is going to be a BIG thing.......just another growth area for this space to keep an eye on.........

"“Embedded finance technology is taking the decentralization of financial services to the next level"

Alviere lands $70M in funding to help brands offer bespoke financial products and services

https://techcrunch.com/2021/10/12/a...ffer-bespoke-financial-products-and-services/

Interesting developments @NickB

I think it's good to read another article on the same website as well:

https://techcrunch.com/2021/08/12/embedded-finance-wont-make-every-firm-into-a-fintech-company/

•••
Interesting developments @NickB

I think it's good to read another article on the same website as well:

https://techcrunch.com/2021/08/12/embedded-finance-wont-make-every-firm-into-a-fintech-company/
interesting read.....

I was reading somewhere (could not find the link) that Walmart and other major retailors are aggressively hiring staff from the major Investment Banks and Financial Software Developer companies etc etc to create inhouse financial solutions around Embedded Finance, BaSS, Defi etc etc.......

I went through my bookmarked pages and found the below article from a few months ago - was looking for the above but could not find it - but it's still an interesting read......

https://101blockchains.com/embedded-finance-in-blockchain/

- I really need to sort my bookmark list out, it's getting out of control - to much info, to little time......

•••
Tezos.ie
Algorand.ie
Tezos and Algorand being the leading Defi platforms
.ie is the Irish ccTLD

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Does anyone have any info on the DeFi.io sale? Goldman Sachs apparently acquired it. Just curious...

•••
Does anyone have any info on the DeFi.io sale? Goldman Sachs apparently acquired it. Just curious...
Not apparently - it forwards to their site :xf.wink:

Would love to know what it sold for......

•••

Ooh good point!😁

It would be a strange, but interesting marketing tactic for a domainer to forward DeFi.io for example to a main industry's competitor's website to stoke jealousy or envy in other companies, AND even allow the company being forwarded to to get a taste of the benefit from being forwarded from the domain.

An executive seeing a domain like DeFi.io in an email pitch and clicking it only to discover that it forwards to his business may create a sense that the domain already belongs to him, like trying on a fine suit in the fitting room mirror allows him to imagine what it would look like if it were his. If the suit fits nicely, gratifying an ego already wonded by the humiliating fact that he is enjoying wearing clothes that don't belong to him (hand-me-down, charity), he could feel obligated to purchase it, merely to compete the complimentary image in the mirror, feeding the inner American Psycho like Executive lust to feel like the complete man rivaling him in the mirror 😆... This is mostly comedy, but I have a friend who works for a major Goldman Sachs competitor and his stories about that industry tell me that there are a lot of expensive watches, small d**ks and fragile egos.

It's would be an interesting strategy, but yeah, I have a hunch it's Goldman Sachs doing the forwarding 😆. But who knows...

Last edited:
•••
The DeFi industry doesn't care that much about dot king. There are of course some major examples of DeFi companies on dot com but probably a lot more on nGTLDs nowadays. It's possible that they may even reg a nGTLD when the dot com is available. There are so many DeFi protocols and DAOs on nGTLDs that kids may not take your project seriously if you're on dot com looking like BoomerFi.

The Meta, Meme, NFT, "Frens", "Degen" , "Aping", "Stonk" culture of today's latest DeFi trends is that the more random and off grid your name is the cooler and more edgy your project seems. Dot Com in DeFi is like a greasy old man looking like it's past his bedtime trying to pick on girls half his age in a nightclub.

Some exceptions to this include the VC funding sites that are trying to attract institutional investors, and news sites.

Also there are a shit load of super premium dot com "DeFi" domains that have been sitting around collecting dust on Dan, because unlike the crypto industry full of "Crypto" brands, DeFi cares much less to brand with "DeFi".

Younger entrepreneurs in this field think differently about branding and marketing, and dot com isn't the king of all jungles apparently. And the same is starting to happen in other tech industries, like XR and AI, with a trendy increase in use of alt extensions.

Last edited:
•••
The DeFi industry doesn't care that much about dot king. There are of course some major examples of DeFi companies on dot com but probably a lot more on nGTLDs nowadays. It's possible that they may even reg a nGTLD when the dot com is available. There are so many DeFi protocols and DAOs on nGTLDs that kids may not take your project seriously if you're on dot com looking like BoomerFi.

The Meta, Meme, NFT, "Frens", "Degen" , "Aping", "Stonk" culture of today's latest DeFi trends is that the more random and off grid your name is the cooler and more edgy your project seems. Dot Com in DeFi is like a greasy old man looking like it's past his bedtime trying to pick on girls half his age in a nightclub.

Some exceptions to this include the VC funding sites that are trying to attract institutional investors, and news sites.

Also there are a shit load of super premium dot com "DeFi" domains that have been sitting around collecting dust on Dan, because unlike the crypto industry full of "Crypto" brands, DeFi cares much less to brand with "DeFi".

Younger entrepreneurs in this field think differently about branding and marketing, and dot com isn't the king of all jungles apparently. And the same is starting to happen in other tech industries, like XR and AI, with a trendy increase in use of alt extensions.

This niche is in its infancy and I think its too early to make sweeping pronouncements about dot com not being cool in this niche or any other.

The truth is these digital gamblers are cheap as far as domains and nfts are in the look at me, notice me stage. The more ridiculous the name the better. I believe that will pass when the kids get burned or bored. Its all part of the hype machine to have a ridiculous juvenile name. Make em, create hype and fomo and get rid of them.

When the utility tokens get going I think we will see a return to serious good names not the silliness and never ending parade of animals we are seeing now because its not going to be just take the money and run like it is now. We probably won’t even recognize what an NFT is five years from now compared to today.

•••

lol just do shed some clarity here

Though many defi protocols have op’d for other ext than .com

The main reason for lack of sales is that the majority of the PREMIUM Keywords are priced for true endusers sale, not $3k$5k brandables lol

(I’ve rejected all low/mid/high x,xxx) lol patients is key

If the Top Keywords were priced under $10k most would be sold already lol

That’s the point, also defi is barely 3+years

I’ve had my best ones since around there…this is peak season and time.

even with Top Crypto “Premium Keywords” , to net an average high 5fig/6 fig sale..those crypto regs still took an average of 3years just look at @legendarynames names and sales or Crypto Radar names:sales

I’d say out of the Top .com I have 1/3 out of what’s out there (biased maybe lol) and know 2 other portfolios

I know what offers have come in and come in.

Early Assumptions will be proven wrong soon, hence some of my new prices and I’m not sharing anymore details than that :)

Last edited:
•••
lol just do shed some clarity here

Though many defi protocols have op’d for other ext than .com

The main reason for lack of sales is that the majority of the PREMIUM Keywords are priced for true endusers sale, not $3k$5k brandables lol

(I’ve rejected all low/mid/high x,xxx) lol patients is key

If the Top Keywords were priced under $10k most would be sold already lol

That’s the point, also defi is barely 3+years

I’ve had my best ones since around there…this is peak season and time.

even with Top Crypto “Premium Keywords” , to net an average high 5fig/6 fig sale..those crypto regs still took an average of 3years just look at @legendarynames names and sales or Crypto Radar names:sales

I’d say out of the Top .com I have 1/3 out of what’s out there (biased maybe lol) and know 2 other portfolios

I know what offers have come in and come in.

Early Assumptions will be proven wrong soon, hence some of my new prices and I’m not sharing anymore details than that :)

I didn't say there won't be any DeFi sales or any Premium DeFi sales... ..I said nothing even close to that actually lol. I get why you wrote what you did, getting the wrong idea though. All I can suggest is giving my post a reread?

There will certainly be premium sales in the future... And I agree that the industry is young. I should have added that as an *additional* point.

Last edited:
•••
I didn't say DeFi won't be any DeFi sales or any Premium DeFi sales... ..I said nothing even close to that actually lol. I get why you wrote what you did, getting the wrong idea though. All I can suggest is giving my post a reread?

There will certainly be premium sales in the future... And I agree that the industry is young. I should have added that as an *additional* point.

I did, that’s why I only quoted and respond to the quoted part ;) you’re good

Last edited:
•••
I did, that’s why I only quoted and respond to the quoted part ;) you’re good

I think the point that you quoted and your reply are mutually exclusive honestly..

•••
This niche is in its infancy and I think its too early to make sweeping pronouncements about dot com not being cool in this niche or any other.

The truth is these digital gamblers are cheap as far as domains and nfts are in the look at me, notice me stage. The more ridiculous the name the better. I believe that will pass when the kids get burned or bored. Its all part of the hype machine to have a ridiculous juvenile name. Make em, create hype and fomo and get rid of them.

When the utility tokens get going I think we will see a return to serious good names not the silliness and never ending parade of animals we are seeing now because its not going to be just take the money and run like it is now. We probably won’t even recognize what an NFT is five years from now compared to today.

There is no shortage of new projects with serious names on alt extensions like Uniswap, Polygon etc. The nonsense names were only one of the many aspects to what's going on that I wanted to point out. It's even possible that most projects coming out nowadays are "serious" sounding brandables on alt extensions.

Last edited:
•••

A Chinese sold. Almost $40000.

•••
•••
A Chinese sold. Almost $40000.

Thanks! I guess you saw this in the Chinese language forums. Today I would imagine that it would go for 6 figures.

•••
•••

Last edited:
•••
•••
There is a guy who's Youtube channel I watch where he does videos on chess games - very good channel by the way (y)

He is live atm playing chess and talking to the CEO of Cake Defi :xf.grin:

"Hello Everyone! It's been a while since I last streamed an Arena on Lichess. I'm back with CEO of CakeDeFi Julian Hosp for this one and he wanted to also sponsor the Arena"

•••
•••

A Chinese sold defi.io $40000 on dan.com

•••
Back