IT.COM

showcase Showcase your Defi & Decentralized names & any news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Inspired by @capiche 's sale (congratz by the way!) and @DomainBarracksRob idea for a showcase thread, I thought I would set one up.

Courtesy of Github:

What is Decentralized Finance?
Decentralized finance (#defi) is the movement that leverages open source software and decentralized networks to transform traditional financial products into trustless and transparent protocols that operate without unnecessary intermediaries. One could envision decentralized finance impacting the financial world the same way that open source software has changed software products.

https://github.com/ong/awesome-decentralized-finance

The below gives a nice breakdown on what it is all about

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/decentralized-finance

https://blockonomi.com/what-is-decentralized-finance-defi

I regged 2 today and will not be going on any mad reg spree.......

Defi Mortgages.com
Defi Securities.com

Please share your names, related news and your thoughts...............

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Sold D,e,F,i,G,u,i,d,e,s dot com $499 via Afternic DLS

•••
•••
For ETH 2.0 PoS platform AceStake.com

Only for Crypto Staking

•••
Keep getting price requests, maybe from domainers?

Screenshot_20201015-094928_Chrome.jpg

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
possibly or possibly not :xf.smile: - it is frustrating that Afternic don't provide an IP address, country or something with these price requests, then at least we could cross check them from multiple platforms and see where the offers/interest is coming from.

I agree, the offers usually come from godaddy when they are presented in this way......still I find it frustrating not being able to chat to the potential buyer

•••
I think afternic, sedo, dan etc.....should have transparency when it comes to offers on your domains, why do they have to keep the buyer a secret? Surely it benefits the domainer knowing who the buyer is and being able to have conversations prior to a sale? And since all these platforms pretend to be there for the domainer the buyer has the upper hand when it comes to secretive offers!

Last edited:
•••
I agree, the offers usually come from godaddy when they are presented in this way......still I find it frustrating not being able to chat to the potential buyer
Exactly, they are good for BIN pricing and at make offer it is good to see there is interest but the lack of chat is annoying, especially as there have the biggest market share.....

For engagement it is Efty, Sedo & DAN (have to wait until offer/counter has been made with DAN though)

I use Efty landers now for the majority of my domains, this way I get email addresses and a phone number (if they provide genuine details that is!) and it seems like Sedo is attracting potential buyers for Defi names as well....though Sedo monitor your comments so it is not in real time

The reason they keep it secret is possibly protecting their own interests? If we could engage fully with a potential client (phone, email or off their platform in another way) then there is the possibility to move them to a cheaper commission platform or agree the deal privately - I personally would not do this, it's unethical but I am sure a few would to save some money......They would probably say it is protecting the buyers identity in case the deal does not through and stops people spamming them in the future

Just guess work on my part though......

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••

I don't get it defi stands for decentralized finance , how can this connection be worth 4k?

Can you imagine yourself decentralized finance store, what would that one be selling? coins ? devices to store crypto ?

•••
I don't get it defi stands for decentralized finance , how can this connection be worth 4k?

Can you imagine yourself decentralized finance store, what would that one be selling? coins ? devices to store crypto ?

Only the domain seller mate, people can do what they like with the domain once it's sold

•••
Have you confirmed if the offer was legit?

•••
•••
Not sure if legit, that's all i get unfortunately, looks like a fake name but I'm guessing buyer doesn't want to disclose identity. Someone from USA according to ip......I'm from UK

Last edited:
•••
Just added a Centralized finance domain for China. The People's Bank of China launched the $ 1.5 million free distribution pilot program as part of the digital yuan trials.

CefiDCEP.COM

•••
On*Chain*Insurance (dot com)

Defi*interchain (dot com)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back