Dynadot

showcase Showcase your Defi & Decentralized names & any news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Inspired by @capiche 's sale (congratz by the way!) and @DomainBarracksRob idea for a showcase thread, I thought I would set one up.

Courtesy of Github:

What is Decentralized Finance?
Decentralized finance (#defi) is the movement that leverages open source software and decentralized networks to transform traditional financial products into trustless and transparent protocols that operate without unnecessary intermediaries. One could envision decentralized finance impacting the financial world the same way that open source software has changed software products.

https://github.com/ong/awesome-decentralized-finance

The below gives a nice breakdown on what it is all about

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/decentralized-finance

https://blockonomi.com/what-is-decentralized-finance-defi

I regged 2 today and will not be going on any mad reg spree.......

Defi Mortgages.com
Defi Securities.com

Please share your names, related news and your thoughts...............

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi friends Sold a Defi / Finance related name for $13.7k..
Will report it soon.
Thank You
sh.png

•••
DeFi/Solution.com
DeFi/Centric.com
DeFi/Secured.com
DeFi/Powered.com

•••
•••
•••
•••
So This Happened Today

Before I left the house today I placed Backorders at :

Dynadot & Godaddy....( I wanted to place at DropCatch but my login info was missplaced as I have not purchase there in awhile, and between , resetting PW and looking up user name I HAD to leave the house and was pressed for time. (Really thought I was going to lose it to other DC orders)..

Also did not use Namejet as I was afraid to tip off a bid.

WELL....

To my surprise none else was watching it on DropCatch Apparently...( because....

GODADDY CAUGHT IT! :ROFL: Lmao as most know you can "hand Reg' a drop, before GD will catch it 95% percent of the time. I've seen it happen. But I figured what the heck...

No one else most have wanted it or seen it on DropCatch becuase...GD just does not ..EVER beat DC do they? But it beat Dynadot today lol

Well This will fit Very Nicely next to my d/e/f/i/I/n/v/e/s/t/i/n/g//./c/o/m/

DeFiInvestmenscom.png

Last edited:
•••
Last Saturday, a VP from a 77B market cap company made $1k offer to one of my defi, quoted them low xx,xxx until now I didn't hear from them lol

•••
•••
"Aave, one of the largest DeFi projects and provider of decentralized lending and borrowing, announced Monday that it has raised $25 million from investors Blockchain Capital, Standard Crypto and Blockchain.com Ventures."
https://www.coindesk.com/defi-project-aave-raises-25m-from-blockchain-com-and-other-investors

Another one not using the term Defi in their name.I am sure a few will sell well but many will not. These companies intentionally do not use the keyword.

•••
Agree, but It is still early days in regards to adoption, people are getting offers on their "Defi" keyword domains the strong ones will sell, most will not :xf.smile:

Let's wait and see.......

•••
•••
•••
•••
got 499 offer on
2 days back..countered but no reply.

td.png

•••
•••
Interest in DeFi domains will only go up, where we are now reminds me of the early crypto days!

•••
I got multiple offers on this name, this one came to DAN lander

dfcr.jpg

•••
•••
DeFi 2.0 = CoFi ( Computable Finance)
“Finance is all about pricing risk, and risk management,” Wu told me. One risk that Wu thinks is essential but has not yet been sufficiently tackled is price oracles. “Price oracles are at the bottom of every transaction. If the price is not solid or not verified, no large transaction will ever happen in DeFi,” she said.

This is precisely why Wu and Huobi’s DeFi lab’s first flagship deal is CoFiX, a decentralized exchange that sources its data from NEST, a decentralized oracle protocol built on Ethereum. (The name is a mashup of “computed finance” and exchange.)

Unlike its competitor Chainlink, which provides price reference points from a number of trusted nodes such as Coinmarketcap, NEST sources price oracles through market validators. Similar to how miners validate each block, market validators quote and validate price data in a decentralized fashion in real time.

•••
selling DeFi(.)Buzz'
let me know if anybody wants it.
Thank you

•••
Just noticed that Defi Watch has a website on both .io + net........potential good news for the .com owner.....

Any other cases where a "Defi" + keyword domain has a site built on 2 or more extensions? If so, share them please.....

I was mulling over registering Watch Defi .com - but decided against it in the end....

Last edited:
•••
Just noticed that Defi Watch has a website on both .io + net........potential good news for the .com owner.....

Thanks.
got the .org version
Think it somewhat fits this extension.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks.
got the .org version
Think it somewhat fits this extension.
Nice - it definitely fits with this space, plenty of sites using .org....including the main one..... Defi.org

•••

Interest in DeFi domains will only go up, where we are now reminds me of the early crypto days!

^ That's exactly what's happening.

Also ( I've believed DeFi will surpass "crypto" from day one,as it's real world use and it puts "that $ crypto" to use.)

upload_2020-10-13_11-29-19.jpeg
upload_2020-10-13_11-29-19.pngBloomberg
'DeFi' Replaces 'Blockchain' as the Must-Have Crypto Moniker
Remember when Long Island Ice Tea Corp. sent its shares soaring by reinventing itself as a crypto company before crashing and burning?
2 hours ago

Bloomberg
Interest Read! It's heating up!

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back