Dynadot

showcase Showcase Your Brandable (5L) LLLLL.com Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I know there are fair few people on here investing in 5 letter brandable .com domains, including myself. :hehe:

Really Good Short Brandable domains are a rarity. IMHO these domains will have a higher profit margin for resellers, than 4L.coms that make no sense other than for use as an acronym for a company. Some may disagree. :hehe:

The only problem here is of course finding the end user for such domains. I will be shortly releasing a new site that focuses on selling brandable 5 Letter domains (with a subscriber list including many investors), that any one may list their domains on for free, so stay tuned i'll post about it later when its up.

For now though, enough free advertising :hehe:-, showcase your domains:

Here are some, to kick start this thread:

1. Kazom.com

2. Yemor.com

3. Mazry.com

4. Kolpy.com

5. Zabow.com

6. Carts.co.nz

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have wondered how many pronounceable 5 letter names there are? I thought about working this out, but it is a not very easy to calculate. Probably the best way would be to generate 1000 random 5 letter strings and count how many are pronounceable.

Here are my thoughts on what might make a good 5 letter domain:

1. Pronounceable in all languages. There is a list around somewhere with the sounds that are found in all human languages (I have a vague memory I saw this on wikipedia). It is certainly much less than the 40 sounds in the english language.

2. Names that have typographic symmetry that will look beautiful when used in a logo.

3. Names where the full .net, .org, .info set are available. No one will want to create a brand if the .net is already taken.

•••
Well in total there are: 65,780 combinations excluding numbers and hypens.

write them all down and count the pronounceable ones. :hehe:

I would take a 'wild' guess that 10% are pronounceable, and probably about 5% of those have the 'WOW factor'.

which gives me 328 WOW factor words. :imho:

•••
zero_haze_au said:
Well in total there are: 65,780 combinations excluding numbers and hypens.

write them all down and count the pronounceable ones. :hehe:

I would take a 'wild' guess that 10% are pronounceable, and probably about 5% of those have the 'WOW factor'.

which gives me 328 WOW factor words. :imho:

Where did you get this 65,780 number from? Even assuming that you must have two vowels that still come out to 439,400 combinations.

•••
I just used excels combination formula, to work out how many combinations can be made out of 26 letters if each set is 5 characters long.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/excel/HP052090181033.aspx

http://exceltips.vitalnews.com/Pages/T0238_Calculating_Combinations.html

So in excel the formula would be: =COMBIN(26,5)

which = 65,780

Correct me if i'm wrong, :hehe:

EDIT: Now that i think about, this probably only allows each letter to be used once per set. Which is why it was a low number. :hehe:

Would you mind enlightening me on the formula used to work it out

Last edited:
•••
raredn.com said:
Vurg, I have some news for you, Vurgo.com is on ebay auction right now (another seller not me)

Thanks for the info. I'll probably lose the auction as I am a bit of a cheap bidder.

Thirsty said:
I have wondered how many pronounceable 5 letter names there are? I thought about working this out, but it is a not very easy to calculate.

21x5x21x5x21 = 231525

There are over 200,000 CVCVC.com domains alone. I'm guessing that there is well over 1 million. However if you refine the pronounceables by filter out less desirable attributes, this can be reduced significantly.

•••
I am in negotiations right now with a seller, On a 5 letter pure generic .com , I am hoping i can land this name. We are stuck at $23,000

My newest regges

TOJEE.COM
YEBED.com

•••
.X. said:
I am in negotiations right now with a seller, On a 5 letter pure generic .com , I am hoping i can land this name. We are stuck at $23,000

My newest regges

TOJEE.COM
YEBED.com

wow, thats really good. :o

I want to sell one for that much lol.. but congrats.. and GL

•••
i have some palyndromes and pronounceable... here are some

BEHEB
GECEG
PEDEP
LITAH
MOHOF
TIRIB

•••
Boosr.com
Beanu.com
Biril.com
Bodab.com
Coulo.com
Failu.com

•••
Zalaki said:
wow, thats really good. :o

I want to sell one for that much lol.. but congrats.. and GL

Thanks Zalaki, I hope we can come to an agreement on price soon, I think we will :)

I feel we are close to closing the deal, This is my first buy over $10,000, But the name will bring significant parking revenue, while i hang on to it for a couple of years.

Last edited:
•••
I've been collecting quality LLLLL's for years. I've sold several to end users to support my addiction, err investments. ;)

Here's the cream of the crop of my remaining LLLLL .com domains:

Atage
Baaad
Beegy
Beevr
Biido
Bipee
Busie
Ciety
Coniq
Dbuck
Ditey
Doood
Dorkr
Ebrid
ePerx
Fabeo
Feelr
Ghire
Hiteo
i-SQL
iDoCo
Jevus
Keept
Kinkr
Lastr
Luckr
Mitap
Mu5e
Nestr
Noobr
Nookr
Nusiq
Osoby
PadIQ
Pawnr
Phava
Phick
Poonr
Povco
qamer
Qoojo
Qover
Rackr
Rolld
Ruhit
Ruzer
SciIt
Seqer
Siaso
Swevo
Swysh
Teqqy
Thive
Thumd
Tiqet
Tooob
Toood
Troal
TVive
uFied
uPest
Vasie
Vavvo
Vijeo
Vobie
Whoed
Wygie
Xiger
Xovie
Yazco
Yearo
YouIM
Zanjo
Zaaze

Last edited:
•••
Source said:
I've been collecting quality LLLLL's for years. I've sold several to end users to support my addiction, err investments. ;)

Here's the cream of the crop of my remaining CCCC and LLLLL .com domains:

5ite
are you sure that those are really such a good investment ?
http://peas.in/?p=5

•••
•••
zero_haze_au said:
I just used excels combination formula, to work out how many combinations can be made out of 26 letters if each set is 5 characters long.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/excel/HP052090181033.aspx

http://exceltips.vitalnews.com/Pages/T0238_Calculating_Combinations.html

So in excel the formula would be: =COMBIN(26,5)

which = 65,780

Correct me if i'm wrong, :hehe:

EDIT: Now that i think about, this probably only allows each letter to be used once per set. Which is why it was a low number. :hehe:

Would you mind enlightening me on the formula used to work it out

The formula I used was very simple: 26 x 5 x 26 x 26 x 5. The problem is unfortunately not that simple. For example the letter Y can substitute for I in some situations (this is a relatively easy problem to include). The greater difficulty is some combination of constants are pronounceable while others are not (thr is while thg is not). When faced with a difficult problem that doesn't need an exact answer I always lean to sampling rather than calculation.

•••
likepeas said:
are you sure that those are really such a good investment ?
http://peas.in/?p=5
The typical LLLL mechanism for selecting names does not work in the LLLLL world. CVCVC doesn't make sense. Most top keywords and the more desirable pronounceables don't even fit this pattern, so using it as a metric is bit ridiculous.

If you don't look at the raw numbers and concentrate on buying names that:

1. Sound good - they must roll off the tongue and be easy to spell. (Rule: 2 syllables max with the exception of word endings eo and io.)
2. Look good and are marketable. Repeating vowels oo and ee increase the value dramatically.
3. Have obvious potential uses on first sight. If you have a development plan before you reg, the chances are someone else will too.

If you apply this filter to the data set of all LLLLL names you cut the combinations down by a very large factor. Whether I'm right or wrong is only driven through my historical sales. Most of my sales have been to end users via inquiry emails and NOT to resellers. In the end they achieve a higher selling price.

For 2008 I am bullish for LLLLL and will keep buying.

Last edited:
•••
Many of mine don't have an obvious use (point 3), does that mean they won't sell? Would eg. Ez-copy.com be better than Relaf.com?

•••
jido said:
Many of mine don't have an obvious use (point 3), does that mean they won't sell? Would eg. Ez-copy.com be better than Relaf.com?
many of his don't have an obvious use either an example from his list: Qoojo.com

Smooth and catchy is what matters, how the name visually looks typed and how it sounds, when you say it. There seems to be a lot of people who agree with this point in this thread

Ez-copy.com or Ralaf. I wasn't that impressed with relaf.com too be honest, but it looks like some countries use the word relaf for something, I am not sure of its meaning though. 'relaf'

To new 5 letter domain reggers: Make lists of hundeds of names before you reg, don't be lazy and just register any name that is pronounceable, unless you like throwing money away. Be picky, choose only names thats scream at you 'I rock'

Last edited:
•••
The nice thing about relaf is that it makes a nice pronounceable semi-acronym (eg. RElief of Limb Atrophy Foundation or something). In that sense being a all-premium CVCVC helps.

I think I paid some attention to what I registered, but if I need to change my approach I better do it now. I had no sales offers yet.

•••
Source said:
The typical LLLL mechanism for selecting names does not work in the LLLLL world. CVCVC doesn't make sense. Most top keywords and the more desirable pronounceables don't even fit this pattern, so using it as a metric is bit ridiculous.

If you don't look at the raw numbers and concentrate on buying names that:

1. Sound good - they must roll off the tongue and be easy to spell. (Rule: 2 syllables max with the exception word endings eo and io.)
2. Look good and are marketable. Repeating vowels oo and ee increase the value dramatically.
3. Have obvious potential uses on first sight. If you have a development plan before you reg, the chances are someone else will too.

If you apply this filter to the data set of all LLLLL names you cut the combinations down by a very large factor. Whether I'm right or wrong is only driven through my historical sales. Most of my sales have been to end users via inquiry emails and NOT to resellers. In the end they achieve a higher selling price.

For 2008 I am bullish for LLLLL and will keep buying.
Source, According to your guidelines how do you feel about one of mine Oinker•Com™?

1. I think that it is easy to spell, passes the phone test, sounds good and is 2 syllables.

2. I think it is marketable.

3. It fails here though I do have marketable uses for it they are not large markets.

These are the kind of domains I am looking for.

•••
raredn.com said:
many of his don't have an obvious use either an example from his list: Qoojo.com

Smooth and catchy is what matters, how the name visually looks typed and how it sounds, when you say it. There seems to be a lot of people who agree with this point in this thread

Ez-copy.com or Ralaf. I wasn't that impressed with relaf.com too be honest, but it looks like some countries use the word relaf for something, I am not sure of its meaning though. 'relaf'

To new 5 letter domain reggers: Make lists of hundeds of names before you reg, don't be lazy and just register any name that is pronounceable, unless you like throwing money away. Be picky, choose only names thats scream at you 'I rock'

Well said. The three guildlines I listed are certainly not rules (as you kindly pointed out).

One additional "guildline" might be google count. "Osoby" may look like a simple and somewhat goofy VCVCV, but if you google it you get 36.8 Million results as it means "Person" in the Polish language which obviously has its uses, maybe not in the US, but throughout Europe.

I whole-heartedly agree with your point regarding "I rock". If the name does not say that to you, it's not worth spending your hard earned funds on it. "Relaf" (sorry to make an example of it) is simply a CVCVC with very little intrinsic value - no cha factor, hard to pronounce, and not pretty. Yes it's a CVCVC, but just one of 200K+ CVCVCs.

EZ-Copy.com on the other hand is immediately brandable for a specific use and plays better for advertising even with the dash. It would be better if you had it without the dash too, but that is for another discussion.

Diabro said:
Source, According to your guidelines how do you feel about one of mine Oinker•Com™?

1. I think that it is easy to spell, passes the phone test, sounds good and is 2 syllables.

2. I think it is marketable.

3. It fails here though I do have marketable uses for it they are not large markets.

These are the kind of domains I am looking for.

I like oinker. I almost registered "oinkr" a while back. It certainly has it's uses, but not with livestock. There is a large fetish group of men that are attracted to... lets just say bigger boned women. A Hot or Not / eHarmony like site would be appropriate for this name. Another use may be something like this: http://www.knowyourpig.com/index.html

Looks like you and I are competing for the same names. Good luck to you.;)

Last edited:
•••
Source said:
no cha factor, hard to pronounce
I see... Better I market it to a French audience :hehe:

•••
Source said:
Well said. The three guildlines I listed are certainly not rules (as you kindly pointed out).

One additional "guildline" might be google count. "Osoby" may look like a simple and somewhat goofy VCVCV, but if you google it you get 36.8 Million results as it means "Person" in the Polish language which obviously has its uses, maybe not in the US, but throughout Europe.

I whole-heartedly agree with your point regarding "I rock". If the name does not say that to you, it's not worth spending your hard earned funds on it. "Relaf" (sorry to make an example of it) is simply a CVCVC with very little intrinsic value - no cha factor, hard to pronounce, and not pretty. Yes it's a CVCVC, but just one of 200K+ CVCVCs.

EZ-Copy.com on the other hand is immediately brandable for a specific use and plays better for advertising even with the dash. It would be better if you had it without the dash too, but that is for another discussion.

I like oinker. I almost registered "oinkr" a while back. It certainly has it's uses, but not with livestock. There is a large fetish group of men that are attracted to... lets just say bigger boned women. A hot or not / eHarmony like site would be appropriate for this name.

Another use may be something like this: http://www.knowyourpig.com/index.html

Looks like you and I are competing for the same names. Good luck to you.;)
Cool source: I think your words 'Pretty' and 'Cha Factor' they should be the operative words when it comes to registering 5 letter domain names. For names with less Cha factor google count is something to watch out for too, google count is good for 'Cha Factor' 5 letter domains too, but you will reg a 'Cha Factor' 5 letter domain name whether it has google results or not!

osoby.com is cool I have nothing against 5 letters that start with 'o' and osoby has a kind of japanese/English fusion feel about it

ososy.com is available if someone wants one, but ososy does not have enough cha cha for my liking!

Last edited:
•••
This may get deleted by the mods, but I feel some clarification is in order. Cha or CHA is a fairly well known online marketing acronym for Click Here @sshole.

Now do you know what 2csinak is? LOL

PS: The answer is both interesting and funny, but don't attempt to post it here unless you want to be banned from NP. ;)

•••
Source said:
This may get deleted by the mods, but I feel some clarification is in order. Cha or CHA is a fairly well known online marketing acronym for Click Here @sshole.

Now do you know what 2csinak is? LOL

PS: The answer is both interesting and funny, but don't attempt to post it here unless you want to be banned from NP. ;)

Fair enough, I dont really keep up to date on my web acronym's I kind of know lol, lmfao, w00t (does anyone even use w00t anymore) and a handful of others. When I have kids they will think i'm web illiterate!

I have heard people say cha cha in real life as a kind of word for 'wow' or exciting, had no idea of the acronym

Thanks

______

Last edited:
•••
BTW... "Picky" is the operative word. For every available, pronounceable LLLLL I review, my reg ratio in about 1:2500 or so.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back