Dynadot

showcase Showcase your .APP domains!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Showcase your .APP domains! I'd love to see them...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I purchased a few on GoDaddy but a few days later said they weren’t available and got a refund...what happened?
They were pre-registration, it means some other registrants beat you

•••
I got these:

teen.app
tutorial.app
ananas.app
actors.app
burgers.app
blackmirror.app
facefilter.app
chessgame.app
cuddle.app
eguide.app
cookrecipes.app
dualipa.app
drawings.app
businessangels.app
beraten.app
eighteen.app
ebanking.app
fahrschule.app
cleaned.app
cappuccino.app
fahrschulen.app
currencies.app
estates.app
employing.app
cafes.app
buchen.app
jobbing.app
homeoffice.app
jobfinder.app
friendfinder.app
interrail.app
levelup.app
kayone.app
gametesters.app
hungrig.app
gta6.app
gametester.app
mailings.app
immobilia.app
makeups.app
locating.app
lowcarb.app
flirts.app
grillen.app
sia.app
onlinesearch.app
provider.app
netflixing.app
purchasing.app
shishalounge.app
reaction.app
online-dating.app
realestates.app
newly.app
relocate.app
residences.app
smoothies.app
salads.app
sxtn.app
wc2018.app
tweeting.app
thelastofus.app
storefinder.app
vegetables.app
topcharts.app
vermitteln.app
welten.app
wm2018.app
zocken.app
topmodels.app
subs.app
superfood.app
veganic.app
toasted.app
freelancing.app
deutsch.app
speaking.app
mozzarella.app
tracked.app
updated.app
creamy.app
interieur.app
shawarma.app
safely.app
colors.app
tweets.app
finding.app
helped.app
ves.app
vez.app
gmbh.app
lovely.app
fashionweek.app

•••
MadAboutDomainsDid YOU reg any? 😜

Thanks for asking, I regged
takeout.app
takeouts.app

Thought it would be great for a food takeout ordering/finder app

•••
I got 3 letter
Noo.app
Eds.app
Ifs.app
nun.app

$12 except last one $19

•••
I got 3 letter
Noo.app
Eds.app
Ifs.app
nun.app

$12 except last one $19

•••
Grab the unsafe.app and took the .com as well
unsafe.app [*Normal renewal fee]
unsafeapp.com
unsafeapps.com

90% of the apps in the appstore were indeed unsafe. Most of them requested extensive permissions. :hungover:

Btw, safe.app was registered on 2 May with $1000 premium renewal fee/yr.

Last edited:
•••
I purchased a few on GoDaddy but a few days later said they weren’t available and got a refund...what happened?
They weren't available....

•••
Apparently, you can get free SSL certificates via Let's Encrypt, but it's very confusing and technical. I will definitely need to get these certificates somehow, otherwise how can we sell these things? At present, I don't think they're accepted in Afternic, Sedo, etc. so all channels to end-users are cut off unless you have a for sale landing page.

All of my .app so far are at Uniregistry, so I will be reaching out to them to see if they can help me. It seems like unless you're very tech savvy, you have to enlist the registrar's help in doing this.

If you use Plesk panel, it is rather easy to use Let's Encrypt. Just 2 clicks.

•••
They weren't available....
Am i right in thinking you were able to buy outright from uniregistry but not godaddy. It seems that everyone purchased without pre-registering. I had dee.app and decentralised.app and both got refunded on...gutted!

•••
Nah. It's a brand, and app devs aren't the only end-users.

.app is catchy, and it has that FOMO (fear of missing out) appeal to it for anyone wanting their brand tied to an app.
With "app - developers" of course I also meant app - owners (individuals / companies).
I think most brand owners who got plagued from FOMO, were alreadyyy joining the .app brand - programm before EA / GA.
The onlyyy senseful end - use for .app is for apps or the presentation of / forwarding to them (app stores) - but there is / will be no reason / demand to end - use an .app - domain in another context.

•••
With "app - developers" of course I also meant app - owners (individuals / companies).
I think most brand owners who got plagued from FOMO, were alreadyyy joining the .app brand - programm before EA / GA.
The onlyyy senseful end - use for .app is for apps or the presentation of / forwarding to them (app stores) - but there is / will be no reason / demand to end - use an .app - domain in another context.
Well that's that one cleared up. We can all pack up and go home now :laugh:

•••
Am i right in thinking you were able to buy outright from uniregistry but not godaddy. It seems that everyone purchased without pre-registering. I had dee.app and decentralised.app and both got refunded on...gutted!
The "pre-registration" (actually a manipulating "trap - word") is in fact nothing other than telling the big domainers (registries / registrars) your "secret/s (preferred domain/s)" and this is not a good idea.
The risk that you possibly won't get it then, is probably much higher than the risk to possibly not getting it without "pre-registration".

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
OT.app
2 letter $$$ or $$$$ 😁

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
GoDaddy seemed to be a poor choice to pre-register

I think you're forgetting that the future of apps is web apps.

I suspect that in a few years, the idea of downloading an app at all will be considered old news.

Apps will run in mobile browsers, and the distinction between "apps" and "websites" will begin to be less and less.

As such, I see the .app extension as very important in the coming years. With the exception of graphically intensive games, most apps are essentially repackaged websites. With the graphical capabilities on the rise, I don't think it will be long until everything is essentially "streamed" to devices.

It's happened with music, video and I don't see why apps would be any different.

Oh, and here's my domain:

Screenshot 2018-05-10 at 12.51.27 - Edited.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
TFSA.app and RRSP.app. For the non-Canadians out there, those are acronyms for tax free savings accounts and Registered retirement savings plans. Both for minimum reg fee.

•••
•••
I cant get mine to resolve in Uni
$875

It does not work. Changing nameservers or url forwarding will not work with .app domains. The domain itself must have an SSL certificate.

•••
•••
I just picked up OD.app so there are 2 letters still available

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back