IT.COM

showcase Showcase your .APP domains!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Showcase your .APP domains! I'd love to see them...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Google faced a 2.2B Euro fine from EU for favorably ranking their shopping comparison services. if they were to rank their .app domains in a similar way a.k.a "getting app discovered", they are going down that road again..lol

•••
Instantmessenger
Instantmessaging
Internetbrowser
Videostreamer

Think I'll stop now

•••
if they aren't in the app store, how would you get them on your phone?

You can download apps anywhere. On android that is. It doesn't have to be a certain store. Fyi.

•••
Matches [dot]app
Remotes [dot]app

•••
To anyone that registered any .app domains,
will you pay ssl to host them or will you let them be without any landers?

I'm referring to the extension's ssl requirement for it to work.

Apparently, you can get free SSL certificates via Let's Encrypt, but it's very confusing and technical. I will definitely need to get these certificates somehow, otherwise how can we sell these things? At present, I don't think they're accepted in Afternic, Sedo, etc. so all channels to end-users are cut off unless you have a for sale landing page.

All of my .app so far are at Uniregistry, so I will be reaching out to them to see if they can help me. It seems like unless you're very tech savvy, you have to enlist the registrar's help in doing this.

I ran into this issue yesterday as none of my domains would forward to a lander using Registrars forwarding due to the SSL requirement.

I would imagine they will get this fixed up soon on their end.

In the meantime - I created a web host, used LetsEncrypt to create a SAN certificate (SSL with multiple domains) and then created a redirect script to send them to Undeveloped. Works well.

example - DomainMarket.app

If anyone needs help with LetsEncrypt - let me know (PM). It is not that difficult - but your steps will all be dependent on your setup.

•••
•••
One more. .. livewire

Now I'm done.

•••
i think a waste of extension since google, and amazon has the market years ago. let's wait for google and amazon to get their share of .app

•••
.app

Brokerage
Tickers
DLT
Decentralize
Tokenized
Comfort
Floral
Slumber
Toker(s)

•••
Used Uniregistry's nameservers and they work beautifully:

upload_2018-5-9_17-17-26.png

•••
•••
Wow. Great catch. It was a reg fee right ?

yep . I only tried 3 names: mixedreality, iiot and holochain.. only got the last one but I'm still happy for the catch (cost me only $18)

•••
.app

Brokerage
Tickers
DLT
Decentralize
Tokenized
Comfort
Floral
Slumber
Toker(s)

Good catch on Brokerage. It's on my list too:xf.grin:

•••
In addition to "Accommodation", also picked up "COA" (Certificate of Authenticity) to work alongside "Provenance" (Supply chain transparency using blockchain) for projects that I'm working on. Very happy with all three.

Missed out on:

FootballManager.App (Thanks GoDaddy and their glitchy pre-registration software)
...so bought FootballManager.Club instead for another project I'm working on.

In one Auction for :

LLL.App (three letter acronym)

•••
I registered a few .app domains:

Partners.app
Fitting.app
SketchBook.app
Finders.app
HomeMaster.app

•••
I registered a few .app domains:

Partners.app
Fitting.app
SketchBook.app
Finders.app
HomeMaster.app

•••
Surprised you weren't able to get footballmanager. 2 football domains I didnt get - fantasyfootball.app, collegefootball.app

•••
Surprised you weren't able to get footballmanager. 2 football domains I didnt get - fantasyfootball.app, collegefootball.app

They're both good two keyword combinations.

GoDaddy admitted on the phone this morning that they had problems with their pre-registrations.

FootballManager unsurprisingly got registered by someone else (based in Germany, using a more reliable Registrar who actually attempted to forward pre-registrations) who has their own FootballManager App. I found an alternative name but equally happy that it's gone to someone else who will use it.

•••
Loanquote.app
Doorcam.app

•••
Found out what happened at GoDaddy....

sB46sHZ_d.jpg

•••
had a godaddy drop in just now. nice of them to take a full day to give me my company app name :)

•••
•••
My registered domains:

LiFi.app
CryptoTrading.app

ForexSignals.app
StockTracker.app

gpsTracker.app

Auction:

ClinicalTrials.app

GoDaddy standard renewalls

Last edited:
•••
RealEstateListings

PropertyListings

3-d

Last edited:
•••
Most days of the week are gone...but two...

Wednesday
Thursday

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back