NameSilo

Showcase your .APP domains!

Labeled as showcase in gTLD Discussion, started by MadAboutDomains, May 3, 2018

Replies:
Views:

1. Rob Monster

Rob Monster CEO, Epik Epik.com Staff PRO VIP Gold Account

That's interesting.

We are checking with the registry what can be done here. The wheels at Google registry grind slowly but we'll work on them.

Direct registration of verified apps, without requiring to go through an app store, seems like a logical innovation to me, beyond the existing progress in making pseudo-apps via mobile-friendly sites.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. emile123

emile123 Upgraded Member Gold Account

Me too, interested in dropped .app domains.

3. Internet.Domains

Internet.Domains Account Closed (Requested) VIP

I couldn't agree more with that statement. I feel things are really going in that direction. For that reason I am hot on the .app's....

4. MadAboutDomains

MadAboutDomains Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Thanks for that Rob. Any insight on names like women.app showing as not taken on whois but cannot be registered?

5. Welberch

Welberch Restricted (50-70%)

6. Rob Monster

It is coming up as "Reserved".

Sometimes registrars can work with the registries to buy Reserved domains. If you have material budget, happy to advise. Otherwise you are waiting for them to open those reserved names up.

7. Internet.Domains

Thanks!
    So the question naturally moves to, have all the drops moved to "reserved" status? Are there any that were dropped and caught?

From what I am gathering is all the drops have been reserved for the time being and this is unprecedented.

8. Rob Monster

The word from Bruno Panara at Google Registry on June 25 was that they were a few weeks from figuring out what they were going to do. @Sufyan Alani requested an update. Hope to have an update on Monday, though Bruno sometimes replies on weekends.

9. illumy

illumy Established Member

Yes, interested in dropcatching. I know about 5-10 others who will be interested too.

10. Rob Monster

@Sufyan Alani will have an update soon on .APP. We have them now at Epik.com as direct accredited registrar but are working on the mega-promo and on getting the reserved domains back on the market.

11. MadAboutDomains

There are some nice names out there now, but they are expensive on the renewals. I noticed that these are available:

tap.app - $958.80 renewal
    newspaper.app - $238.80 renewal

I'll let you make your own judgement as to whether they're nice or not :bag:

12. dotappguy

dotappguy Established Member

i'm in the process of setting up a service for consensus.app, a blockchain based voting/polling app that will be fully customizable per needs of the organization/cleint.

check out the demo here -> 207.148.7.27/VoteApp

(if anybody has a tip on how point demo.consensus.app to the above ip, would be much appreciated - using gandi and cloudflare)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  13. The Durfer

The Durfer Top Contributor VIP Blue Account

14. kingking

kingking Established Member

Dragon.app
    Wife.app
    Sheep.app
    Bling.app
    Is anyone interested?Send message to me

15. Roger Pinto

Roger Pinto Established Member

I had some one offer on sell/lease but i am not too sure on its real worth for buying or renting on yearly

cheapest.app
    placement.app
    partnership.app
    scrapbook.app
    visitors.app
    smartness.app
    numberone.app

What is your take on given list ... should I lust them or leave them

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  16. Internet.Domains

Since you asked, and obviously this is only my opinion, you know what they say about opinions.

I feel two word NewG's are a tough sale, so numberone.app, I would drop.The cheapest and smartness ones are a possible drop. The keeps are the rest.....imo

Good luck!

17. Roger Pinto

Yeah and whats your take on its valid sale price should I pick one or few 🧐

18. Roger Pinto

Apparently cheapest.app was high on purch list for it covering a lot on eStore scenario !

19. Internet.Domains

I feel Scrapbook has the most potential. The others are decent. As far as pricing, you need to consider your financial situation and your long term goals. Do you want to hit singles? Wait for home runs, etc?

If those were mine, I would be happy with singles on all of them except Scrapbook. I would hold out for a home run with Scrapbook.........again, just my opinion and in no way does this constitute investment advice.:xf.smile:

20. Roger Pinto

scrapbook.app ... make me think why you’d rate it high enough vs others. Just your suggestion on how much should these be worth it’d help me asses value market wise

21. Internet.Domains

Scrapbook is an easy spell and, most importantly, the definition is congruent with the .app extension. There is lots of potential end users.

As far as worth, I don't particularly like to get into exact figures because we all have different financial factors. Example being that a "single" could be a years salary in one region and a "home run" could be a month of income in another region.

Scrapbook has the potential to be on the higher end of most .app sales...imo

I really like it! Congrats!

22. MadAboutDomains

A year and a bit on from registration. I'd love to get your thoughts on takeout////app.

I thought it was a steal with no premium reg fee. Now I'm not so sure it was worth buying at all. No interest from anybody.

@Roger Pinto I really like partnership.app but probably for the wrong reasons. It's a really nice "business" word, but perhaps it doesn't match with the .app extension unlike scrapbook.

23. Roger Pinto

@MadAboutDomains yeah but it all depends on how the end user who might own it for relevant use. A domain that caught my eye while random surfing was all.online .. quite catchy and evokes a thought as to what owner might be holding - pot of gold or anything else ?

*edit : random
    Thanks @Bob Hawkes for pointing it out 🙂

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  24. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

I hope you meant random surfing :xf.grin: or well.....
    By the way I really like the .online name you noted, so versatile and memorable!
    Bob

25. Roger Pinto

Indeed the characters ‘s & d’ sits so close to each other on the keyboard that such mushups happens 🤣 Thanks for that stitch in time.

Yeah all.online seems quite memorable and it did make me think a lot around it ...

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice