IT.COM

showcase Showcase your .APP domains!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Showcase your .APP domains! I'd love to see them...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Having one of those days - I generally avoid hyphens but got enamoured with Extended-Reality.app

•••
I've went with an animal theme as I'm currently a web developer, but I'm interested in becoming a native app developer full-time. None of these are apps right now, but I'm holding onto them for the right idea to come around.

porcupine.app
critters.app
chimps.app

•••
Folks - any recommendations for the best place to purchase "app"domains? GoDaddy, Namecheap and 1+1 all expensive and complicated....

Thanks
How is Namecheap complicated? haha and just about everywhere is selling .APP domains for the same price, ~$14.99. You will not find it cheaper than that.

•••
I'm UK based so not always the same ...

Found Porkbun to be a worthy contender with free WHOIS and SSL and a free way around a hosting package

•••
•••
•••
It's a long way from the UK but I'll take a delivery ....

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
How is Namecheap complicated? haha and just about everywhere is selling .APP domains for the same price, ~$14.99. You will not find it cheaper than that.
$12 at 1and1.

•••
$12 at 1and1.

From the UK 1+1 are a nightmare for support. They also messed me around continuously re SSL certs and WHOIS + hosting....

I found Porkbun to be easy to deal with (great support) and $13.88 inc WHOIS, SSL and hosting - best I've found so far

•••
•••
•••
•••
Not $2 but ~$3...
And if 100 domains this means ~$300 difference.

Last edited:
•••
Just thought I would point out that mietwagen (rental car in German) in #APP extension sold according to the most recent NameBio daily report for $906 on Sedo.

At least on NameBio database, there are now 5 NameBio sales in #APP extension over few months of availability. The average price $3311, median price $906, $16.6k total sales to date. All sales have been on Sedo or Flippa so far (I know that other lower value ones have occurred, probably on GD, since I came across them as comparators in a GoValue search).

I very crudely projected to full year since extension just in general availability few months. It suggests maybe about 20 sales per year and approx. $65k/yr in APP domain resale market total. I think not bad at all for first year, although probably less than some would have hoped.

Here is link to all APP NameBio listed sales to date:

https://namebio.com/?s==YzN5gTNzgTM

ps By far highest price so far was for host, that went for $13,981 and has a big influence on average price with so few sales yet.

pps I was going to see what DNpric.es list (earlier they had a number not on NameBio in APP), but for me it says the site does not resolve this morning. Anyone else have that issue?

I did check on SoldDomains but they just show 3 that are included on NameBio list.

•••
I have been one-week collecting quality leads (+1.500 in between ForexSignals and KochRezepte). I will start tomorrow to outbound. Let´s see...

Captura de pantalla 2018-08-15 a las 21.08.07.png
Captura de pantalla 2018-08-15 a las 21.08.29.png
Captura de pantalla 2018-08-15 a las 21.08.48.png
Captura de pantalla 2018-08-15 a las 21.09.00.png
Captura de pantalla 2018-08-15 a las 21.08.19.png

Last edited:
•••
GlobalGPS.app and ChargeCar.app

•••
TaxiCall.app and TaxiCaller.app

•••
I noticed another nice .app extension sale on NameBio overnight. ' early' sold on Sedo for $1454.

Now on NameBio at least there are 7 resales in the extension, with an average price of $4000 and a median price of $1300. The name 'host' continues as the top sale at $13,981. Here is link to full list.

•••
VeganCafe.app

Cheers
Corey

•••
I have 5 of my .app domains which are now being offered for a flash sale here on NP:

AutoCheck.app
eCheck.app
Webcasting.app
MedicalCheck.app
Webcaster.app

Last edited:
•••
EthMining .APP

Thanks
Ishan

•••
•••
Rick Schwartz comes up with a fifteen point list detailing why .APP is a buy for domain investors

As many of you know by now, Rick hasn't been a huge fan of the new gTLD program, he sees a lot of the new domain extensions as junk and has warned investors to stop flushing their money down the toilet buying them. At the same time, Rick is a fan of .APP, which certainly has me paying attention since if Rick's going to endorse a new gTLD, it really has to do a lot to win him over.

Today, Rick shared a fifteen point list of why he's so bullish on .APP, and here it is:

1. 3 letters. They did not reinvent the wheel

2. It refers to something specific

3. The specific thing it refers to is a huge moneymaker

4. There is actually need, want, desire and demand

5. There is steady growth

6. It is backed by Google

7. Thought of by Google

8. Godaddy is the #1 Registrar which indicates end user adoption.

9. You can make your fortune with an App and many have.

10. It's the only GTLD that Rick Schwartz actually took a risk and invested 6 figures in

11. It's 1 of only 2 new GTLD extensions that Rick Schwartz would even consider investing in

12. The renewal rate will likely be higher than most other if not all other GTLD's

13. There is a rhyme and a reason for end users to use, adopt and notice .App

14. Until .Web comes to market, .App will remain a steady grower.

15. Most other GTLD's mean nothing, are nothing and will always be nothing but worthless. Bills not assets. Liabilities.

Out of these fifteen points I was particularly interested in #10 - Rick has put six-figures of his own money into this new extension. Seriously, Rick hates pretty much every new gTLD but he put over $100k into .APP, that says a lot to me. Oh and the fact that it's backed by Google sure doesn't hurt.

I personally own three .APP domains and likely will buy more but I want to wait until the first round of drops happens since from my searching I've found that just about all the good ones are taken. Like most Domainers, I'm not the first to come up with a great domain, I just try to be the lucky guy who scoops up the name after someone else decides to let it go.

Source: MorganLinton.com | Living in a world of 1's and 0's

Cheers
Corey

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back