IT.COM

showcase Showcase Domains with Hyphens ( they will rise in 2017 )

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
Domains with Hyphen ( - ) will rise

i wanna make it simple :

Soccer is the biggest Business in the World
The German Bundesliga ( German Soccer League ) is one of the most popular League in the World

The Advertising boards shows more and more Website with Hyphens
These Companies pay a lot of Money to advertise there

Examples :

H-Hotels.com

Some Domains with Hyphens make sense ( specially when these are 2 or 3 word Domains )

Here are mine :

3d-holoportation.com
3d-teleportation.com

business-setup-uae.com
business-setup-doha.com

business-setup-qatar.com
business-startup-doha.com

business-startup-qatar.com
business-startup-dubai.com

business-startup-uae.com

What is a Hyphen ?

The hyphen (‐) is a punctuation mark used to join words and to separate syllables of a single word. The use of hyphens is called hyphenation. The hyphen should not be confused with dashes (‒, –, —, ―), which are longer and have different uses, or with the minus sign (−), which is also longer in some contexts.
As an orthographic concept, the hyphen is a single entity. In terms of character encoding and display, that entity is represented by any of several characters and glyphs (including hard hyphens, soft or optional hyphens, and nonbreaking hyphens), depending on the context of use (discussed below).
Although, as mentioned above, hyphens are not to be confused with en dashes and minus signs, there are some overlaps in usage (in which either a hyphen or an en dash may be acceptable, depending on user preference; discussed below) and in character encoding (which often uses the same character, called a "hyphen-minus", to represent both the hyphen and minus sign entities; discussed below).

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyphen

Making the World more open and educated

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Registering new domains is a funny thing but it is hard to sell them.

•••
I have only 1 hyphened domain:
zero-cash . com

•••
Registering new domains is a funny thing but it is hard to sell them.
You have to think long term.
Hard to sell in 1-5 years.
5-10 years a little easier.
10-20 years a lot easier.

•••
•••
•••
Bitcoin-Mall.com
I think domains with a well placed hyphen are great as it simply means an empty space, also recognized by search engines like that. Like in my case, the 2 words are Bitcoin Mall, like Shopping Mall - written with a space correctly.
We germans know stuff early ;))) (nowadays, the Nazis didn't :p)
Mine:
Bitcoin-Mall.com
CryptoCurrency-Guide.com
Get-ETH.com
Crypto-Faucets.com
IOT-University.com

Last edited:
•••
Sorry for the double-post but I can't edit my post a 2nd time it seems?!
I just registered

nic-e.com

and would be happy about some thoughts where to valuate that one.
Seems waiting for the right company paying high xxxx or low xxxxx realistic to you?
Thought it's a greatly remarkable name for a nice Estate, Electronics or domain 'nic' company.

Also I own another one:

film-up.com

•••
Picked this one up. By looking at the visitor data the last days, someone in Peru is glued to it.

r1MsHIe.jpg

•••
W-Bar.com (whisky-bar or whatever, "w bar" gets 1,5 million google results, without quotation marks: 1,4 Billion)
CS-Money.com (counter strike, cyber se*, credit suisse, etc. )
Cali-Pot.com (California / Cali in columbia, very happy about that one)
Band-Up.com (also very happy about, greatly memorable and brandable name for any Band-service/shop, funny that I recently also catched film-up.com)

Last edited:
•••
•••
very excited about just picking up:

e-Shisha.com

•••
•••
•••
•••

Expeditions-Kreuzfahrten.de
€6,000 = $6,960 Sedo

•••
Crypto-Dice . com

Crypto-Bay . com

Key-Lab .com

Blockchain-Innovations . com

Last edited:
•••
i-SportsBet.com
Cannabis-World.com

•••
•••
my recent ones:

rooms-for-rent.com - let's see if AirBnB wants this one ;-D Estibot seems to like keywords, it's rating it at 3600$ with 15k google searches monthly - another tool shows 110k... I also like the hyphens there since without hyphens one can read it first like rooms forrent.

blog-me.com

VR-mania.com

•••
chill-it.com dropped today and GoValue told me it has been sold für 1,500$ once...
so I thought why not :xf.grin:

•••
apotheken-inventur.de 2,500 EUR

•••
I own only one.

S H R I N K - W R A P // COM

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back