IT.COM
NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
https://cannabisnow.com/cultivar/

"To begin with, we must clean up our terminology. The word strain is borrowed from microbiology and is used to describe a genetic variant or subtype of a bacteria, fungus or virus"

•••
That list I made in 2014 after you said cbd hand regs are gone would do pretty good now I think. :)

Nice sale!
Idk. These are harder than ever to sell right now.

•••
•••
Idk. These are harder than ever to sell right now.
Yeah, but, the wave we anticipated is coming. :)

On another note, I'm wondering which one of you guys grabbed all the minds dot com handles. I couldnt even get kief. :)

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, it was probably introduced through pop culture is my guess. High Times or something along those lines.

I'm not saying its not used, i have bought and sold very nice strain names in the aftermarket. For domains we look at what pop culture dictates for keyword use so i get it.

I also studied plant science so this is where i get my knowledge from, yes i can probably find you breeder stage guy for your peas. Need me to follow up?

Any other plant in the world is not referred to as a strain. Yes strain is used but is it because some dumb a55 didn't edit an article back in the day? maybe....

So all this article does is point out, using the term strain for plants is technically incorrect but as we know socially via pop culture it is not for cannabis.

Over the last few years i have seen term variety and cultivar being used more.

:)

I was reading High Times while waiting in my fav dispensary, found some new names in an article I had never heard before (ie. nano420) , got home & smoked a doob, hand reg'd and they sold pdq. :xf.wink:

Cutivar? hmm, I know the language is changing somewhat with entry of the pharmaceutical companies, edging out the little guys, pretty soon the cannabis industry will be under the canopy of corporate cultivation, although IMO there's still room for many entrepreneurial endeavours.

•••
I was reading High Times while waiting in my fav dispensary, found some new names in an article I had never heard before (ie. nano420) , got home & smoked a doob, hand reg'd and they sold pdq. :xf.wink:

Cutivar? hmm, I know the language is changing somewhat with entry of the pharmaceutical companies, edging out the little guys, pretty soon the cannabis industry will be under the canopy of corporate cultivation, although IMO there's still room for many entrepreneurial endeavours.

The term strain will be used majority of the time. I like the technical terms because I'm a plant geek.

If we look at the word "strain" as a bastardized term for "variety" then cultivar technically would be a bastardized term for cultivated variety. So, is strain the new cultivar after all? lol

Last edited:
•••
That's why I kept, StrainCalculator (.com)

•••
CryoCannabis (.com) ChillyBuds (.com)

BTW, I've developed a prototype portable cryogenic extraction system if anyone is interested in partnering.

Last edited:
•••
BTW, I've developed a prototype portable cryogenic extraction system if anyone is interested in partnering.

MMJLTD
(.com)

•••
The term strain will be used majority of the time. I like the technical terms because I'm a plant geek.

If we look at the word "strain" as a bastardized term for "variety" then cultivar technically would be a bastardized term for cultivated variety. So, is strain the new cultivar after all? lol
Strain is strain. It only takes a google search to see that “strain” is utterly superior to “cultivar” in the weed sense.

•••
In the future, Medicines containing THC - Cannabis will be highly sought after worldwide for their good benefits

DKCANABIS.COM

ESCANNABIS.COM

FRCANABIS.COM

GRCANNABIS.COM

RUCANNABIS.COM

•••
•••
I signed up with
m a r i j u a n a s t a s h . c o m

•••
Not sure why I have these, as the extensions don't typically sell but ya never know sometimes.

marijuana
dispensary .biz
weedstore .biz
herbals .biz
marijuanaseeds .info
marijuana .vin
weed .limited
weed .lat

•••
Not my thing this area anymore but nice one on godaddy expiring if anyone is interested - HempClinic.com

Upto around $1,750.......2 hours left

Lot's of companies using that term to sell to

Last edited:
•••
Not my thing this area anymore but nice one on godaddy expiring if anyone is interested - HempClinic.com

I was just looking at that and saved it not even 30mins ago...we on the same trail this week mate or what lol ;)

Good eye

ps. wonder if the .net is bidding?

Last edited:
•••

Lot's of companies using that term to sell to

@Keith

•••
•••
I’m not buying these anymore. Have plenty in the bank :)

Lol, funny as I tagged you with this, I thought to myself, after your latest payday, could he even be bothered with this right now haha. :)

Yea I was more intrigued on your thoughts on this particular name was all.

Noticed a few endusers that could use an upgrade.

•••
Lol, funny as I tagged you with this, I thought to myself, after your latest payday, could he even be bothered with this right now haha. :)

Yea I was more intrigued on your thoughts on this particular name was all.

Noticed a few endusers that could use an upgrade.
It’s a fair domain. Seems worth a few grand but these are getting very hard to sell.

•••
I got a few like that myself, not a big fan of hemp names ie. CBDmedicalclinic .com

•••
I got a few like that myself, not a big fan of hemp names ie. CBDmedicalclinic .com
You can do more with hemp so in my opinion hemp as a domain is better than cbd.

•••
It’s a fair domain. Seems worth a few grand but these are getting very hard to sell.

yea well be neat to see if domainer picks it up or enduser.

•••
You can do more with hemp so in my opinion hemp as a domain is better than cbd.

Really? I have had both, but in comparison, found CBD domains sell ~5x better.

Hemp is good for clothes and such ie. hempfactory

Last edited:
•••
Really? I have had both, but in comparison, found CBD domains sell ~5x better.
That’s now because cbd is hyped up. Hemp is going to be incredible for health, energy, clothing, medicine...

The sustainable future is what matters, not what’s hot right now.

•••
Back