NameSilo

Showcase and Discuss Marijuana/Pot/Hemp/Cannabis domains

Labeled as discuss in Niche Domain Discussion started by verbster, Nov 26, 2012.

Replies:
Views:

1. cbd

cbd Upgraded Member Gold Account

Neither - just a simple hand reg.

I know the domainer community well enough to know that the buyer would be flooded with emails as soon as the full name is made public here. He's not buying more anyway - but it's still a PITA for most buyers, so I rarely publicize the precise details of my sales in general. Being a hyphenated name I thought it would be useful to share the broad details however. As @Leafurl says, this niche doesn't quite follow the usual norms! But regardless of the hyphen, it's a name that makes perfect sense- and I view it as a good buy, which I couldn't say for many hyphenated names (cbd or not).

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Leafurl

Leafurl Established Member

3. MasterOfMyDomains

MasterOfMyDomains Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I of my sales, did 2 separate in one day, was a 3 word domain you said was to long. Url
    Middle word was leaf the last word was medical word. Keith would know person who bought it me thinks
    Other sale was 2 word ending with hemp
    Mid xxx for each both regged around 2014
    To bad the new generation has made it that we cant share the names publicly

4. cbd

5. Jay Ha

Jay Ha Exploring..

Congrats on your sales guys.
    Looks like almost no one wants to share names that sold anymore.. I remember this started when a buyer got spammed right after a sale was reported here. Why don't the seller just name and shame the spammer so that no one else would think of spamming new owners? Much better solution than just hiding sold names imo.

6. MrAcidic

MrAcidic Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

Leaf Area . (com)

Leaf Platform .(com)

7. CJ6

CJ6 My favorite movies are too offensive now. Whimps. VIP

I think it wasn't just one spammer. The buyer had gotten bombarded with spam.

8. cbd

Right- it's no one person. It's pretty common practice nowadays with domainers- and not everyone has the same definition of what "spam" is, either. Even if it's "just one email", let's face it, 99% of names being passed around are dog sh*t and have very little connection to the initial domain anyways. Overall, it can make a buyer annoyed, less likely to be a return customer, and distrustful of the business in general.

9. Jay Ha

Jay Ha Exploring..

Too bad good things get ruined by the minority but that's how things go nowadays apparently and I'm not talking about domaining.

10. carob

carob Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

307 sales on Namebio but not high prices and on a first look there it looks like the prices are going down and a lot are resellers picking up stuff for xxx.

https://namebio.com/?s==AzMzMzN1EjM

Sold one a few years ago, put prices up, no interest now from buyers.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  11. dncafe

dncafe Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

You posted a few paragraphs defending leaf domains, but you didn't answer my question.

Do many companies in the US use the word "leaf"? What countries is it popular in?

I live in the Northwest US and I never hear anyone or any shops using the term "leaf". My question isn't about whether companies around the world are buying leaf domains, but are companies actively using the term in the US, and in what region?

12. carob

13. Leafurl

Leafurl Established Member

Leafly
    Curaleaf
    Westleaf
    Leaflink

A few top leaf companies.Thier are hundreds if not thousands nationwide using Leaf, both regionally and USA and Canada. Currently stacked up in trademark courts are a few hundred ( 780 ) . Last my lawyers checked for Leafgrow. My day job.

As the business permitts get issued, both Canna, Leaf and others .will be top go to branding options. And brandables .

Most have global ambitions. Or at a minimum USA and Canadian exposure.

I sell a few here and there as do others on this forum . It's not Canna nor Cbd and Hemp. It's a sleeper word as I see it. Still squarely in the target zone though.

I've been following leaf before it was even a common cannabis domain. The first was leafly, and snopps. He used leafs. Nonetheless it's a long game, I've been at this since 2014.

My this last 2 months Leaf sales
    Leafinvestor $2500
    Leafbliss $1500
    Leafcomfort $1250

Hope this helps, if you need a Leaf domain I've got around 800 left ( sold a few here and there ) too sell you. All two word seo..coms.

Contact me thru leafdomains, Its where some of my ideas are. I have alot in growing, pet care, vape, and horticulture, as well as lifestyle and business, coffee and other categories.

Best of luck
    Danny

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  14. MrAcidic

MrAcidic Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

Added 3 more.....this domaining lark is addictive.

CompareLeaf . (com)
    LeafArea . (com)
    LeafPlatform . (com)

15. Eric Lyon

Eric Lyon Member Services, NamePros Super Moderator PRO Gold Account VIP Trusted Contest Holder

Just had another Canna related domain asset hit the evaluation desk some may find interesting that invest in Canna + Word domain assets.

Take a look at some of the footnotes and takeaway:
    Full Evaluation - VIP/Gold Only

16. RevolutionaryDomains

RevolutionaryDomains Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Thanks for the reply. Noticed cbd - pills on GD expired recently and thought maybe that was the name. Even better that it was a simple reg. Here's to many more...

17. Corey

Corey bonus space available Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

18. andydotlol

andydotlol Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

budla in 👑

19. saucey

saucey Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

As in “Bud Los Angeles dot in?

20. andydotlol

andydotlol Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

There is a crown 👑 emoji after in... As in, in king/com

And yea that's what I like about the name. It works as a one word brandable as well as Bud Los Angeles/Louisiana 😊

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  21. saucey

saucey Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Lol! Didn’t know we were playing pictogram! 😉
    Good luck!! 👍🏻

22. carob

New cannabis lifestyle shop opens in London, will probably be national chain of shops:

https://www.theguardian.com/society...-nice-cannabis-lifestyle-shop-opens-in-london

And

23. Keith

Keith Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

24. McDuke

McDuke Top Member VIP

Those are the deals i like. win / win for both parties imo.

25. Keith

Keith Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Me too. Normally I’d never sell a domain that cheap but he will use it for a better purpose than me.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!