Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great sale for a hyphenate. Congrats!

Was this a recent auction win from GD expired, or a name you've had a few years?

Neither - just a simple hand reg.

Congrats! Nice roi right there man.
Can’t say the name?
Was it a category killer?

I know the domainer community well enough to know that the buyer would be flooded with emails as soon as the full name is made public here. He's not buying more anyway - but it's still a PITA for most buyers, so I rarely publicize the precise details of my sales in general. Being a hyphenated name I thought it would be useful to share the broad details however. As @Leafurl says, this niche doesn't quite follow the usual norms! But regardless of the hyphen, it's a name that makes perfect sense- and I view it as a good buy, which I couldn't say for many hyphenated names (cbd or not).

•••
•••
I of my sales, did 2 separate in one day, was a 3 word domain you said was to long. Url
Middle word was leaf the last word was medical word. Keith would know person who bought it me thinks
Other sale was 2 word ending with hemp
Mid xxx for each both regged around 2014
To bad the new generation has made it that we cant share the names publicly

•••
•••
Congrats on your sales guys.
Looks like almost no one wants to share names that sold anymore.. I remember this started when a buyer got spammed right after a sale was reported here. Why don't the seller just name and shame the spammer so that no one else would think of spamming new owners? Much better solution than just hiding sold names imo.

•••
Leaf Area . (com)

Leaf Platform .(com)

•••
Looks like almost no one wants to share names that sold anymore.. I remember this started when a buyer got spammed right after a sale was reported here. Why don't the seller just name and shame the spammer so that no one else would think of spamming new owners? Much better solution than just hiding sold names imo.
I think it wasn't just one spammer. The buyer had gotten bombarded with spam.

•••
Right- it's no one person. It's pretty common practice nowadays with domainers- and not everyone has the same definition of what "spam" is, either. Even if it's "just one email", let's face it, 99% of names being passed around are dog shit and have very little connection to the initial domain anyways. Overall, it can make a buyer annoyed, less likely to be a return customer, and distrustful of the business in general.

•••
Too bad good things get ruined by the minority but that's how things go nowadays apparently and I'm not talking about domaining.

•••
Weed domains don’t sell. There have been a few low offers for weedleaf but nothing else.

307 sales on Namebio but not high prices and on a first look there it looks like the prices are going down and a lot are resellers picking up stuff for xxx.

https://namebio.com/?s==AzMzMzN1EjM

Sold one a few years ago, put prices up, no interest now from buyers.

Last edited:
•••
Dncafe: look into all my posts here...... I suck at selling though so i figured I'd ask here about weed domains.clueless

You posted a few paragraphs defending leaf domains, but you didn't answer my question.

Do many companies in the US use the word "leaf"? What countries is it popular in?

I live in the Northwest US and I never hear anyone or any shops using the term "leaf". My question isn't about whether companies around the world are buying leaf domains, but are companies actively using the term in the US, and in what region?

•••
•••
You posted a few paragraphs defending leaf domains, but you didn't answer my question.

Do many companies in the US use the word "leaf"? What countries is it popular in?

I live in the Northwest US and I never hear anyone or any shops using the term "leaf". My question isn't about whether companies around the world are buying leaf domains, but are companies actively using the term in the US, and in what region?

Leafly
Curaleaf
Westleaf
Leaflink

A few top leaf companies.Thier are hundreds if not thousands nationwide using Leaf, both regionally and USA and Canada. Currently stacked up in trademark courts are a few hundred ( 780 ) . Last my lawyers checked for Leafgrow. My day job.

As the business permitts get issued, both Canna, Leaf and others .will be top go to branding options. And brandables .

Most have global ambitions. Or at a minimum USA and Canadian exposure.

I sell a few here and there as do others on this forum . It's not Canna nor Cbd and Hemp. It's a sleeper word as I see it. Still squarely in the target zone though.

I've been following leaf before it was even a common cannabis domain. The first was leafly, and snopps. He used leafs. Nonetheless it's a long game, I've been at this since 2014.

My this last 2 months Leaf sales
Leafinvestor $2500
Leafbliss $1500
Leafcomfort $1250

Hope this helps, if you need a Leaf domain I've got around 800 left ( sold a few here and there ) too sell you. All two word seo..coms.

Contact me thru leafdomains, Its where some of my ideas are. I have alot in growing, pet care, vape, and horticulture, as well as lifestyle and business, coffee and other categories.

Best of luck
Danny

Last edited:
•••
Added 3 more.....this domaining lark is addictive.

CompareLeaf . (com)
LeafArea . (com)
LeafPlatform . (com)

•••
Just had another Canna related domain asset hit the evaluation desk some may find interesting that invest in Canna + Word domain assets.

Take a look at some of the footnotes and takeaway:
Asset Type:
Two-Words / Service-Related / Category-Killer
Note: That's interesting. It's not isolated to just cannabis.
Note: This word gives a clear service path to the first.
Note: Was that you?
Note: There is a very steady flow of Canna + word sales data. That's great news, it means that your asset has some current reseller market liquidity.
Note: That's more good news. Word + Consulting is also a current trending combination with steady sales. This helps solidify current market reseller liquidity.
Opinion:
There are plenty of companies that seem to be targeting the niche combination service your domain asset is a category-killer for. All the brands in the image above are potential hobbyists and end-users that could benefit from your exact match service asset. You can find more using Google Image search for "Canna Consulting :Logo".

The hard part is identifying the potential end-user, gathering more research on their specific niche, formulating a presentation, negotiating, and closing.

Your asset does have reseller liquidity, but you will still have to do a lot of leg-work to find the right buyer and apply the hard parts I also mentioned above, which in most cases, investors fail at.
Thoughts on yours (Domain Only) - (May. 2019 market):
  • Reseller = $500 to $1k
  • Hobbyist = $1.1k to $5k
  • End user = $5.1k to $20k+ (With the right presentation you could exceed this.)
Full Evaluation - VIP/Gold Only

•••
Neither - just a simple hand reg.

Thanks for the reply. Noticed cbd - pills on GD expired recently and thought maybe that was the name. Even better that it was a simple reg. Here's to many more...

•••
CBDCapsules.com.au

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
•••
As in “Bud Los Angeles dot in?

There is a crown 👑 emoji after in... As in, in king/com

And yea that's what I like about the name. It works as a one word brandable as well as Bud Los Angeles/Louisiana 😊

Last edited:
•••
There is a crown 👑 emoji after in... As in, in king/com

And yea that's what I like about the name. It works as a one word brandable as well as Bud Los Angeles/Louisiana 😊
Lol! Didn’t know we were playing pictogram! 😉
Good luck!! 👍🏻

•••
New cannabis lifestyle shop opens in London, will probably be national chain of shops:

https://www.theguardian.com/society...-nice-cannabis-lifestyle-shop-opens-in-london

Mr Nice bills itself as a “modern cannabis destination” that sells “carefully curated cannabis accessories from around the world”.

Xan Morgan, the chief executive of Equinox International, the international cannabis company behind the venture, plans to launch 10 Mr Nice stores across the UK.

He said: “We are the first cannabis lifestyle shop. We are selling clothes and products that celebrate the positive side of cannabis culture.”

And

Amid an explosion in new products coming on the market, sales of CBD oil and CBD-infused products are already thought to be close to €1bn a year in Europe.

•••
Sold hempsurf for $420 and a hemp fiber paddle board 😁

•••
Sold hempsurf for $420 and a hemp fiber paddle board 😁

Those are the deals i like. win / win for both parties imo.

•••

Those are the deals i like. win / win for both parties imo.
Me too. Normally I’d never sell a domain that cheap but he will use it for a better purpose than me.

•••
Back