IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Naturallycanna
Cannanaturally
Naturallyleaf
Leafnaturally
Naturallyweed

.coms

Nice set, I'd think, minus the weed one. Secondarys; but as a group I'd think theirs some value

Last edited:
•••
Starting to seem like these deadbeats are other domainers simply running each other up to inflate the price, but when they get stuck with the win they welsh. Are you seeing this in other niches or just with mj related names? Regardless, it's a major problem that needs to be addressed. Cannabisx is the next one to watch with an already inflated price, imo.
Wow cannabisx was nothing the other day, now it’s almost $8k, and still open. Given it’s a cool branding name, I would assume we see it go higher.

It doesn’t add up, I understand trend, but this is a wholesale environment, I am still getting $500 low ball offers on similar names from legitimate end users, how are these people paying these kind of prices. It takes a long time to get that money out, and paid when you got that much into it.

Bidders, you can get better prices from people holding these names in portfolios.

Last edited:
•••
Wow cannabisx was nothing the other day, now it’s almost $8k, and still open.

It doesn’t add up, I understand trend, but this is a wholesale environment, I am still getting $500 low ball offers on similar names from legitimate end users, how are these people paying these kind of prices. It takes a long time to get that money out, and paid when you got that much into it.

Bidders, you can get better prices from people holding these names in portfolios.

The resale market pays $250 too $500. I get a dozen offers a week. From various characters in the resale of hand regs.

True endusers pay. Their going too get rich in this industry. What's not too love about this industry?

That being said I sell at low numbers just too maintain my inventories.

Although last week had a seed company look into

Cbdagri
Cbdagro
Cbdagricultural
Cbdagriculture
Cbdhorticultural
Cbdhorticulture etc...

I forget exactly I have a bunch comparatively speaking.

They asked how much? I said alot. Although the money domain is cbdag( that I dont have )

Last edited:
•••
The resale market pays $250 too $500. I get a dozen offers a week. From various characters in the resale of hand regs.

True endusers pay. Their going too get rich in this industry. What's not too love about this industry?

That being said I sell at low numbers just too maintain my inventories.

Although last week had a seed company look into

Cbdagri
Cbdagro
Cbdagricultural
Cbdagriculture
Cbdhorticultural
Cbdhorticulture etc...

I forget exactly I have a bunch comparatively speaking.

They asked how much? I said alot. Although the money domain is cbdag( that I dont have )
For sure there are a lot of tire kickers, but I have learned a lot from past trends, don’t hold on to tight, or to high, or you will get left holding it all. It’s a fine line, I have seen people ask $17,000 for stupid names that should be $xxx range, you have to be reasonable. Sure, the good names you can ask more for, but the good ones are few, and far between. I have enough diverse names, I can see the variety of offers, and it’s hard to squeeze 5 figures out of buyers. You need exceptional names, or the on target end user, who will go back, and forth forever. Sometimes you get the end of the rainbow end user, but it’s a long road. To be honest, most cbd, canna names will probably end up like lower level crypto on bargain bin at namepros.

•••
For sure there are a lot of tire kickers, but I have learned a lot from past trends, don’t hold on to tight, or to high, or you will get left holding it all. It’s a fine line, I have seen people ask $17,000 for stupid names that should be $xxx range, you have to be reasonable. Sure, the good names you can ask more for, but the good ones are few, and far between. I have enough diverse names, I can see the variety of offers, and it’s hard to squeeze 5 figures out of buyers. You need exceptional names, or the on target end user, who will go back, and forth forever. Sometimes you get the end of the rainbow end user, but it’s a long road. To be honest, most cbd, canna names will probably end up like lower level crypto on bargain bin at namepros.

This industry is just starting. It's not a bubble. More like a sloooow rollout of permitts that has more direct correlation than any perceived valuation. More permitts more competition and the normal metrics that any product needs, branding and identity too compete in all likelihood a very competitive marketplace. The industry is based off a weed, what will define such weed will be branding that should include a domain purchase from us hopefully.

•••
Was it just you two bidders on the final stretch, or was there another bidder in the mix, if not then you do have a case for sure. As in a 2 way bidding war, it usually drops ways down, to minus out $150 for a top bidder default doesn’t seem correct unless someone else was mixed in the bids. Given the bidding history has been edited with the top bidders bids erased, only one man can answer that question now, and I think he has weekends off, or you can call the auction department.
There was only one higher bidder than me. The history is updated to remove that persons bids and only shows mine. And another interesting fact - GoDaddy offered it to me at $2069 which they say I bid. That is incorrect since there are no bids in that amount.

What in the world is going on here?! @Joe Styler

Last edited:
•••

Yep, every niche follows a similar pattern. The mj niche just happens to be seeing it for a second time. It's quite similar to people claiming constant inflated xxx offers for stupid names barely worth regfee. It's often just a ruse, or attempt at a pump and dump, to get rookie domainers, or even unsuspecting endusers, to believe their low quality names are worth more, in a distant hope to barter an inflated sale price. Some choose to ask for that inflated sale price at the start, while others try to barter their way with outdated tactics...imo.

In the end, more than 95% of all names reg'd or bought, will never sell....EVER!! Some names will simply change hands between domainers...as one trims the fat, another picks it up and gives it a go...it's all quite cyclical...imo.

•••
Starting to seem like these deadbeats are other domainers simply running each other up to inflate the price, but when they get stuck with the win they welsh. Are you seeing this in other niches or just with mj related names? Regardless, it's a major problem that needs to be addressed. Cannabisx is the next one to watch with an already inflated price, imo.

Sounds like just a bunch of stoners that are high out of their mind and not realizing what they’re doing until it’s time to pay...

•••
Sounds like just a bunch of stoners that are high out of their mind and not realizing what they’re doing until it’s time to pay...

No one bids a name to 7k then has an attack of reality after winning the name. A person knows how much money they have to spend, and if s/he passes that limit with no viable means of paying then it's outright fraudulent bidding...imo. It's either scamming deadbeat bidders, or bots. Either way, it's a problem that needs to be dealt with...imo.

•••
Wow cannabisx was nothing the other day, now it’s almost $8k, and still open. Given it’s a cool branding name, I would assume we see it go higher.

Offers from end users? Nice! Are these on names that you have advertised/listed/parked somewhere? Or are they finding you through whois or some other means?

I have not received any inquiries in the last six months. I had a few people contact me prior to that on a couple of my vape names... but nothing lately, I’m wondering where/how the best way to get attention would be.

•••
Offers from end users? Nice! Are these on names that you have advertised/listed/parked somewhere? Or are they finding you through whois or some other means?

I have not received any inquiries in the last six months. I had a few people contact me prior to that on a couple of my vape names... but nothing lately, I’m wondering where/how the best way to get attention would be.
At this point it’s hard to find value in this space. Especially with all these comps that aren’t closing at stated prices. I would just recommend quality over quantity, and if you have the right names on a parked contact form, the end users will find you.

•••
•••
It's an extra place to add your domains for exposure; These niche domain names are not a every day thing users search on the internet so it's practically whatever you decide to display on your domain or domains landing page.

If your pages don't display anything now when users go to the domain then you need some sort of offer page / submission field users can enter the first time around when visiting you domain names. I am the owner of potdomains and still advise to add your names to all the other aftermarket domain websites for the most exposure for your names possible.

I wish I could tell you potdomains was good enough to sell a domain instantly; but it just doesn't work like that, buyers ultimately find the site through "YOUR" domain and make an offer through the platform.

do you have a thread on here already with more info ? I am new so dont take the direct questions as criticizing, im just in need of data to make the right decision.
my main curiosities / concerns are

- what fee's you charge ? , im either blind or there not easy to find on site. ( its possible im blind )
- what traffic you get ? ad campaigns ? marketing done if point NS to you ?
- site still being developed ? there is a several areas that kind of loop on links, like partial build
- is there full conversation to bidder during negotiations ? im concerned they wont trust the site to do a transaction , why ? twitter looks fake, no followers, no pic , fb .. nadda, no presence online ?

on you site " Social Media is a huge part of today's marketing landscape and having a clever, brand-able domain is the first step. "

I ask all this, as I reallllly would love to jump on board and point name servers, a site like this could be huge. and you seem really chill and transparent so im sure a wealth of info will come.

Cheers.

Last edited:
•••
@Jason.tv is the 15% site fee on sale, mean there is still another 30% fee from escrow.com ?

•••

When these weird high bids get cancelled and the domain quietly sells to a lower bidder, does the recorded price, for example at Namebio, get amended? Or is the set of public recorded sales prices being persistently inflated? Who would that benefit?

Does everyone remember that Godaddy auctions were happy to have Adam Dicker in charge and bidding on names there, even though he had been involved in satellite piracy? https://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/09/technology/in-satellite-piracy-war-battles-on-many-fronts.html

As with Afternic it makes sense to ask if GD staff are set performance targets - because when you set impossible targets, staff have to game the system to deliver the magic results.

Sales on Namebio today - not me, no idea how real these are:

cannabisoptions.com 531 USD
2019-02-16 GoDaddy

kushtimes.com 380 USD 2019-02-16 GoDaddy

greenmeup.com 204 USD 2019-02-16 DropCatch

•••
The all for sale go ahead and take the niche ideas its my contribution to the community anyone who wants to buy or intrested in developing together please msg me.

•••
The all for sale go ahead and take the niche ideas its my contribution to the community anyone who wants to buy or intrested in developing together please msg me.
Do you have a website so we can see your niche names? Where do you have them listed for sale?

•••
Wont let me postlink for some reason.. even in private mss my best oneis tokerstars.net

•••
•••
ummm, why not just hang out a bit and make friends,

•••
Wont let me postlink for some reason.. even in private mss my best oneis tokerstars.net
You are a new member, site is designed that way to prevent spam.

Try something like google/com, google(dot)com

When these weird high bids get cancelled and the domain quietly sells to a lower bidder, does the recorded price, for example at Namebio, get amended? Or is the set of public recorded sales prices being persistently inflated? Who would that benefit?

Does everyone remember that Godaddy auctions were happy to have Adam Dicker in charge and bidding on names there, even though he had been involved in satellite piracy? https://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/09/technology/in-satellite-piracy-war-battles-on-many-fronts.html

As with Afternic it makes sense to ask if GD staff are set performance targets - because when you set impossible targets, staff have to game the system to deliver the magic results.

Sales on Namebio today - not me, no idea how real these are:

cannabisoptions.com 531 USD
2019-02-16 GoDaddy

kushtimes.com 380 USD 2019-02-16 GoDaddy

greenmeup.com 204 USD 2019-02-16 DropCatch

Kushtimes...kinda of a play on Hightimes. I remember reading that magazine back in my HIGH school days (way before the opiate crisis)

•••
Punctuation is everyone's friend.

Go canna!
(To make this post relevant)

•••
We have
upload_2019-2-17_9-45-3.png

•••
Anyone have any "upscale" or luxury marijuana/cbd/vape domains?

Yes! Some of my favorites...

DopeSnob . com
WeedAficionado . com
Kushlux . com
PremiumDope . com
Puffluxe . com
HighEndMedicinals . com
WeedLuxury . com
PuffLuxury . com

•••
Anybody know what the auction for cannabisx ended at?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back