NameSilo

Showcase and Discuss Marijuana/Pot/Hemp/Cannabis domains

Labeled as discuss in Niche Domain Discussion started by verbster, Nov 26, 2012.

Replies:
Views:

1. wwwweb

wwwweb Top Member VIP

Did you check your spelling ?

Gtlds hardly ever have any after market when you have 2 keywords to the left of the dot extension.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. MasterOfMyDomains

MasterOfMyDomains Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Tough call there. i was lean far left( dump it) but it is good 2 keywords that dont infringe on blatant trademarks, so that a plus
    .org is expensive to renew but you have lots of time, another plus

https://namebio.com/?s==MDO4UjN0AjM some good sales .org
    investincannabis.org 105 USD 2019-02-07 Dynadot there is a little action in this niche
    Namebio sales show no sedo sales and thats where its pointed, so i would rectify that buy pointing it to daddy or dynadot marketplace and putting bin of $888 on it. Make an effort to sell it, you have 9 months till renewal.

3. RegBoss

RegBoss Upgraded Member Gold Account

Hello and thank you for pointing out my typo. Very crucial. Actually if you look up the top 10 domain sales of all time you will find that 8 out of ten were 2 word .com

4. RegBoss

The list changes however. Would you mind owning a 2 word .com like credit cards? :xf.grin:
    I have Capt Credit in king of course

5. carob

carob Active Member VIP

I would stick with .com and country code extension. People on here have sales in .ca and I have had four figure offers on a .co.uk domain - I wish I had taken more .co.uk domains when they were available and the whole cannabis/cbd boom seemed less likely.

Some people used to place .net value at 10% of .com value, I would say like 1% today, so if a .com is super or developed a .net might be worth a bit, but I don't think it is worth the time it takes to think about .net. Maybe .org will have value if it sounds right for the extension and the .com is overpriced or not available but not seeing sales of .org in this niche afaik.

6. RegBoss

Google is constantly changing the game so one might get lucky with an oddball extension. The main thing now is have a https URL for the domain name to be found in a Google search.. Google will not crawl any site now that does not have a security certificate. They will not index. How many people are going to purchase security certificates for parked pages? Your post with your domain name will get more exposure here on #Namepros than anywhere else. :xf.cool:

7. ecomslice

ecomslice Established Member

Thanks but All .com for me in this ind. Happy to take your scraps there, : ) 420 tag on this one and might even throw up a wordpress mock blog for appeal. I did cut from my list but later rechose.

8. carob

carob Active Member VIP

Hi Google said before the new Gtlds came out that they will ignore the part to the right of the dot - having .sucks will not help you in searches for * sucks.

Afaik they give https sites preference in search results but they aren't exluding http, yet.

Free SSL certificates are available for example LetsEncrypt.com - domains using Undeveloped.com are on https by default, for free.

Saw these on namebio today - not me - note the .org sale:

newleafcannabis.com 611 USD 2019-02-09 GoDaddy

drugfreecalifornia.org 311 USD 2019-02-09 GoDaddy

9. golan

golan Leo.Domains Gold Account VIP

How does Google have anything with this? This is domain name forum, not SEO forum. Besides, you are in Canna thread, please don't derail.

10. cbd.newbe

cbd.newbe Established Member

Sure I have a big % of total cbd co.uk names :xf.wink:

11. briguy

briguy Guru In Remission! VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Two niches that you are familiar with...

Lurk this part of the forum.. https://www.namepros.com/threads/official-leaf-showcase-and-discussion-thread.1103903/

I would put the fact in the first paragraph of my sales pitch..something like "owned by Google".

Have you use this site? Since it free, any catch?

12. saucey

saucey Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

13. mistressbellek

mistressbellek Domain Domme Gold Account

I’m in negotiations on one with domainagents dot com. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

14. ThatDomainGuy

ThatDomainGuy Established Member

Nice. Good luck and thanks for sharing

15. Keith

Keith Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

upload_2019-2-10_14-46-50.png
    Here we go again. This is an issue with the system at GoDaddy, not my connection speed. They should take down the app immediately until it’s fixed @Joe Styler

Absolutely ridiculous.

16. mistressbellek

17. RegBoss

Your comment adds nothing to a #Cannabis thread. Disliking some ones point of view is immature. Keywords in domains is a good thing. You can argue other wise fruitlessly. I will not dislike your comment. Just respond.
    I do not think a change in government will change Canada's cannabis laws much.

18. MasterOfMyDomains

MasterOfMyDomains Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Google is not the one buying the name
    My non ssl landers are in in google search
    My wp sites are all good with ssl from namecheap. No matter what google does its end user who will want a poor quality extension

19. carob

carob Active Member VIP

Re LetsEncrypt.com free SSL certs, many hosts offer them as a free service, just click to enable, so yes I have used them many times, never yet set one up directly. Very reliable.

That shows on Namebio today sold at 2,225 USD - is that right?

Also on there today wickedvapes.com sold on GD at $309 USD

20. Keith

Keith Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

That was the final bid. Let’s see if they actually pay!

21. Domaindogged

Domaindogged Established Member

22. Furquah

Furquah Skipper VIP

23. mistressbellek

Picked up CbdHempQueen.com in gd closeouts.

24. briguy

briguy Guru In Remission! VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Brandable...

25. wwwweb

wwwweb Top Member VIP

If this one doesn't pay, then I would say there is a serious bidder issue there.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!