Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
New Zealand's medicinal cannabis bill went through its second reading. Health Minister, Dr David Clark, said "This legislation will greatly increase availability of quality medicinal cannabis products, and will allow for their domestic manufacture.

Source: Changes signalled to medicinal cannabis legislation | Scoop News

@ http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA18...sxihtieleB1AOpehdkkrZyh4uICS2lbBWPDZGAxvhCHpM

Cheers
Corey

•••
To each their own (hand reg vs aftermarket, investor vs collector), I get it.

But I have one question for anybody that might have some input..

For those that hand reg just about anything available, how do you convince your potential buyers that they shouldn't just hand reg a name that is available? If they are willing to allow a 3/10 quality name to represent their business, wouldn't they also be ok with a 2/10 quality name that they can register themselves for ~$10?
Answer. Hand reg only quality names. Every name was hand reged at one time.

•••
Sold on GD Expired Auctions today (not mine):
CBDProteinPowder.com $700
HempResin.com $698
LeafGames.com $383

Last edited:
•••
Answer. Hand reg only quality names. Every name was hand reged at one time.
Do you have an example of something of quality that is available?

Yes, all domains were registered at one time. You have to consider the subject you’re talking about though. The good pot domains were getting registered many many years ago. To say there is quality stuff still available isn’t truthful.

•••
•••
•••
Interesting article -

In October, the U.S. government issued Axim Biotechnologies Inc (AXIM.PK) a patent for a cannabis-based suppository to treat irritable bowel syndrome. Britain’s GW Pharmaceuticals Plc (GWPRF.PK), which recently brought to market a drug derived from marijuana for epilepsy, is now seeking patent protection for another one to treat eczema.

Patents on pot? U.S. lawsuit puts cannabis claims to the test - 420 Intel

Cheers
Corey

•••
Interesting article -

In October, the U.S. government issued Axim Biotechnologies Inc (AXIM.PK) a patent for a cannabis-based suppository to treat irritable bowel syndrome. Britain’s GW Pharmaceuticals Plc (GWPRF.PK), which recently brought to market a drug derived from marijuana for epilepsy, is now seeking patent protection for another one to treat eczema.

Patents on pot? U.S. lawsuit puts cannabis claims to the test - 420 Intel

Cheers
Corey
I believe the US government has had a patent on CBD for years.

•••
Out of the 11, how many were random 2-3 word, crappy hand registrations?
First payment is made so I’ll announce the domains. If the buyer defaults it’s fine by me. All are dot com :)

CBDpods
THCpods
Weedpods
Hemppods
Cannabispods
Marijuanapods
Juanapods
CBDguys
Cannaguys
Cannaguy
GreenCBD

•••
Hemp.am

hemp_am.jpg

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
First payment is made so I’ll announce the domains. If the buyer defaults it’s fine by me. All are dot com :)

CBDpods
THCpods
Weedpods
Hemppods
Cannabispods
Marijuanapods
Juanapods
CBDguys
Cannaguys
Cannaguy
GreenCBD

Thanks for sharing. I replied to you yesterday, but evidently I've done something to p**s off a mod, as they deleted my posts.

Congrats on the sale. It's always nice to move a chunk of your portfolio at one time. I had WeedVacation dot com in escrow a few days back, but after agreeing to the escrow terms, the buyer seems to have disappeared. Maybe he found a high quality name available to register.

•••
but after agreeing to the escrow terms, the buyer seems to have disappeared.
Don’t feel bad. I’ve had 2 5 figure deals in escrow over the past few months and both fell apart. It happens.

•••
I have acquired the following over last few weeks.

HighHousing .com
WearableHemp. com
LadyHemp .com
MicroAgricultural .com

•••
Don’t feel bad. I’ve had 2 5 figure deals in escrow over the past few months and both fell apart. It happens.

I don't feel bad at all. This isn't my first rodeo. I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, and that there is a bigger offer waiting just around the corner. For me, that's the big difference between aftermarket and hand reg names. With solid aftermarket names you can afford to sit back and wait for another offer, because they aren't rare. You'll get the occasional offer on a hand reg, but you had better take it fast because you may never see another.

Of course, there are exceptions to every rule.. but we can't all win the lotto, so I choose the route that gives me the best shot at doing so.

I hope we all (investors and collectors) meet the domain goals we've set for ourselves!

•••

CBDpods
THCpods
Weedpods
Hemppods
Cannabispods
Marijuanapods
Juanapods
CBDguys
Cannaguys
Cannaguy
GreenCBD
So Keith, were all these sold to one buyer, and was it as a package deal or repeat buyer?

•••
So Keith, were all these sold to one buyer, and was it as a package deal or repeat buyer?
Package to 1 buyer. First time we’ve done business.

•••
Do you have an example of something of quality that is available?

Yes, all domains were registered at one time. You have to consider the subject you’re talking about though. The good pot domains were getting registered many many years ago. To say there is quality stuff still available isn’t truthful.
A better question might be - How many quality names have registered in the past 6 months, 6-12 months, 1-2 years, etc? That could show us a curve. I've seen new regs pass through this forum that I was surprised were still available. With the exception of top-tier, single-word, category-killers, names are subjective. Everyone loves their own names, so we need a system of unbiased ratings from others (or measure of interest from the market). On the flip side, there is no shortage of garbage names already registered many years ago. Bottom line is the same skill is required to identify a quality name whether new registration or aftermarket.

Last edited:
•••
•••
MarijuanaSTO.com
CannabisSTO.com

STO (security token offering)

•••
•••
Couple inbound sales I made sept24, after the reported elitehemp 1888 sale
inbound cooking420 ganja247
dont ask price, I am still spending the money and have only 1 renewal in next 6 weeks now.

I dont have time to scan back in this thread but is quiiiite funny corey when someone says TRADEMARK on a name YOU own :zippermouth:, and when I would post cannamantis in chat you would screech TRADEMARK:singing:
and start marching to the beat of a different drumO_o. Blind leading the blind
Two recent hand reg cbdpawsitive cannapawsitive as for cannamantis.corey it's average run of the mill trash like most recent hand reg regardless of extension, so it is going to the landfill
Quality over quality, @mistressbellek is by far winning round 2 of the great hand reg green rush, she is going on creative ideas not just two englis keywords up mixed .yuck

TGIF so glad I get paid in CAD and not BTC per hour. Came across some dandy candies in a bar parking lot, when i bought a bag of shmag the other day.
Slept like a baby last night :baby:
Can't wait till their legal justin https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/243229/pot-brownies-pack-a-punch

•••
Can you people tell me
Does herb / grass words have any significance in relation to marijuana industry....

Asking here because you all are extensively researched and updating the thread in this field..

Thanks
Ravi

•••
A better question might be - How many quality names have registered in the past 6 months, 6-12 months, 1-2 years, etc? That could show us a curve. I've seen new regs pass through this forum that I was surprised were still available. With the exception of top-tier, single-word, category-killers, names are subjective. Everyone loves their own names, so we need a system of unbiased ratings from others (or measure of interest from the market). On the flip side, there is no shortage of garbage names already registered many years ago. Bottom line is the same skill is required to identify a quality name whether new registration or aftermarket.
An even better evaluation tool is to look at what actually sells and note the registration date. You’ll find that names registered in the last year don’t sell, or sell very little against domains registered years ago.

•••
Inspired by @Keith comments, searched for what may have been left behind and got the following:
Juanaguys dot com
Maripods dot com
Mmjguys dot com
Mariguys dot com :xf.rolleyes:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back