Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The Hills Hemp Revolution

Cheers
Corey

•••
HempRevolution.me

hemprevolution_me.jpg

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
I guess this has gotten to the point where the 'showcase-and-discuss' part of the title of this thread should be replaced now with 'large jpegs, gifs and pics'.

•••
I guess this has gotten to the point where the 'showcase-and-discuss' part of the title of this thread should be replaced now with 'large jpegs, gifs and pics'.

End users will control the game here. As keyword and normal metrics in key domains will be front and center, a usable brandable idea will be used by many of those launching in this industry.

Anything to help the end user understand their domain is only going to help. Including understanding seo in this space, branding and logo development. It's part of the sale turning $8 into $3000.

My outlook doesn't come from say Kieths that is a real domainers viewpoint. I'm coming from what I hear on the street, and questions from real time permitt applicants on a canna permitt. One of my " future " sales is on Bostonleaf ; and Leafboston. They email monthly a year? On their domain. Now awaiting their permitts. Yes it takes time.

I may be wrong here, but the end users will go to Go Daddy and find their way into a company name. And possibly search out ideas on branding in this space with outside assistance, a domestic source familiar with localized laws and SEO services. And not some spam scam call from the go daddy idiot offshored jerks.

Smaller cannabis permitted startups that hasn't truly started yet; stateside. I can't see them spending more than 3k to 5k. A delivery guy, small grower 250 plants, local craft canna store, local baker making cakes or donuts. Reason I see this is it's easy to NOT buy a good domain, PRICE. People will want a .com, two word seo and or brandable. But let's be realistic their not going to pay 20k. Most won't be multi national agri companies with millions to spend on establishing a brand. They will be small business owners. Oh and everyone wants in. Everyone

Evample Curaleaf. Who would have thought one can make a E into a A and find ones way into a billion dollar brand.

I don't do brandables only own in SEO two words. Cureleaf is somthing I would have bought years back ( but I didn't ) do have a few like it though. One letter shift takes a two word seo into a brandable.

That being said few here have answered how to reach a end user on a brandable.

Last edited:
•••
End users will control the game here. As keyword and normal metrics in key domains will be front and center, a usable brandable idea will be used by many of those launching in this industry........
That being said few here have answered how to reach a end user on a brandable.
Just curious...
As you've noted this theory a few times before, what is the purpose to keep reposting once again?

And what does quoting my post have to do with any of this?
Again, just curious...

•••
Found this interesting...I visit Leafly.com quite regularly ..today went there..asked me what country, I choose "Canada" was redirected to "leafly.ca" ..then another question, "which province", answered it, then ask if 19+

this is what I found interesting:

"When Canada’s nationwide recreational cannabis market goes live on Oct. 17, Leafly will no longer list unlicensed cannabis companies, including retail stores and delivery services. The Canadian government prohibits the advertising of unlicensed cannabis sales.

A key piece of Leafly’s mission is to help people find cannabis, so removing these businesses isn’t a move we take lightly. Many of Canada’s longtime growers and retailers are also longtime advocates of cannabis reform, and their leadership and bravery have helped pave the way to legalization."

Lots of companies that been advertising and or listed there, will lose a lot of traffic.

I used Leafly and other similar sites for information and ideas for domain names..

Last edited:
•••
Hawkeye

As I travel to visit endusers and consumers and buyers in this industry I hear consistently exactly as I discussed many times before. Branding and choices on finding a company name.

The one thing I never hear is typical discussion of domains and showcasing.
They don't care.

And most domain people ( that's not me ) are caught up on sale prices, domain gossip and online algorithms. Means nothing to the consumer. Their a startup looking for help with their business.

Last edited:
•••
Hawkeye

As I travel to visit endusers and consumers and buyers in this industry I hear consistently exactly as I discussed many times before. Branding and choices on finding a company name.

They don't care.
O_o Ok, I'm lost with your logic here.
I 'highly' doubt any endusers are going to NamePros to get their information on what kind of domains to get, or to read "typical discussion of domains and showcasing". This is a thread for 'domainers' to have "typical discussion of domains and showcasing"! I think, with your hyper cannabis excitement, you lost track of who the audience is in here and the purpose of this thread.

•••
Last edited:
•••
if someone has a large portfolio of this type of domain I will consider allowing the sale of some of mine by a third party.

•••
•••
@Keith mentioned earlier about the stock market! Recieved this in a email..

"
Friends,

This has been a year of tremendous milestones for the cannabis industry, with GW Pharma having the first cannabis-derived pharmaceutical approved by the FDA in June and now Canada becoming the first major nation to legalize cannabis for adult consumers this past Wednesday. Multinational companies from a variety of outside industries are eyeing strategic investments in the industry as well, a new development that indicates the normalization of the industry.

We have long viewed Canadian legalization day as likely to disappoint, as we have pointed to supply constraints, limited distribution and a narrow set of approved products that would make the big day a bit underwhelming, and, indeed, that is how it seems to have played out. In fact, traders dumped Canadian LPs aggressively this week, but we want to point our readers to what the near future may look like in terms of very promising financials, as LPs are likely to report significant revenue from September and on beginning as soon as mid-November, reflecting initial sales into the provinces ahead of retail sales. The following table shows the consensus forecasts from analysts for several of the largest LPs (data source is Sentieo), with all in Canadian dollars except Tilray, which reports in USD:
mail
Canopy Growth, Aphria and Aurora Cannabis are expected to roughly quintuple sales from year ago levels. Tilray apparently won't be recognizing sales in Q3, as the company recently provided guidance of $10-10.5 million for Q3.

While the Canadian story will play out in the months and years ahead, we continue to suggest that investor focus is shifting to the United States. Canopy Growth's purchase of the intellectual property of ebbu is a reminder that the U.S. remains a major source of innovation despite federal illegality. Further, legalization day wasn't even over when two relatively new special purpose acquisition companies out of Canada announced major transactions, as detailed in the articles below. iAnthus and MPX Bioceutical executed the first proposed major combination of public cannabis operators in the U.S., a move that is in line with the major consolidation we expect in the months ahead.

So, while there may have been a "sell-the-news" move this week after Canada's historical day, we see a lot of positives ahead for both the Canadian LPs as well as the U.S. operators. This week, Aurora Cannabis will begin trading on the NYSE, extending a trend of leading LPs adding major U.S. exchange listings, and we continue to expect a few more there, including Aphria. Despite the market's muted reaction this week, and tailwinds abound for the cannabis sector."

https://www.newcannabisventures.com/category/cannabis-investor-news/

Note: I invested awhile ago, purely long term...
Sure, can't handle stress of being a "day trader". Stock drops a nickle in a day, have a little panic attack..rises a penny, planning on buying a bigger igloo lol

Last edited:
•••
Hawkeye

They don't care.

And most domain people ( that's not me ) are caught up on sale prices, domain gossip and online algorithms. Means nothing to the consumer. Their a startup looking for help with their business.
Some people get it and some people do not.

•••
•••
Found this interesting...I visit Leafly.com quite regularly ..today went there..asked me what country, I choose "Canada" was redirected to "leafly.ca" ..then another question, "which province", answered it, then ask if 19+

this is what I found interesting:

"When Canada’s nationwide recreational cannabis market goes live on Oct. 17, Leafly will no longer list unlicensed cannabis companies, including retail stores and delivery services. The Canadian government prohibits the advertising of unlicensed cannabis sales.

A key piece of Leafly’s mission is to help people find cannabis, so removing these businesses isn’t a move we take lightly. Many of Canada’s longtime growers and retailers are also longtime advocates of cannabis reform, and their leadership and bravery have helped pave the way to legalization."

Lots of companies that been advertising and or listed there, will lose a lot of traffic.

I used Leafly and other similar sites for information and ideas for domain names..
Useful information ... To get names

•••
Picked up Blaze Magazine (in .com).

A decent general-ish name, but also a solid canna media name. I like it.

•••
•••
[QUOTE="Forbes
" the lesson here is simple " : if you can buy an exact match .com domain name for your business and reap the rewards of instant recognition, built in traffic and long term seo value "[/QUOTE]
Nice article.. Thanks

•••
•••
•••
Do they ship to USA?

j/k

No they do not ship out of British Columbia, even to other provinces. But you never know, Governments change and rules change. Wish we could order from the US though.

•••
•••
Y’all are killing me with these regs 😟

•••
Potection / com ( brandable for cannabis insurance)

cr=w:800,h:500,a:cc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back