Dynadot
NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like Budcastle, Budfiesta & Oiljuice

Cheers
Corey

•••
Recreational /H/e/r/b/s .com
Sativa /P/l/u/s
CBD I/N/D/E/X
Our C/B/D

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I think you'll have a hard time selling these to be honest but you never know.
Its funny, you said that because I have offers on all of them.

•••
•••
Congrats! ;)
Thanks. Staying humble is key because one day we all will get make money from these domains. If I don't sell any with in the next week or month I'll hold them for another years or longer.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks. Staying humble is key because one day we all will get make money from these domains. If I don't sell any with in the next week or month I'll hold them for another years or longer.

Personally, I wouldn't let them sit idle, I would develop them!
Since my country (Canada) is in the process of "legalizing" cannabis (so far seems to be rule/regulation that look like a tax grab (to me!) been really concentrating on social media and developing the names that I been getting "low ball offers" for...

•••
Personally, I wouldn't let them sit idle, I would develop them!
Since my country (Canada) is in the process of "legalizing" cannabis (so far seems to be rule/regulation that look like a tax grab (to me!) been really concentrating on social media and developing the names that I been getting "low ball offers" for...
You mean develop a website ? I did that for my website called canonoptical.com I had it for 5 or 6 years now. I will sell it. I have canadabudoil.com

•••
•••
Yes....generally a developed site sells for more money!
Here the main reason that I am really developing and promoting...
I see what your saying, would you believe me that I had two walt disney domain names ? If you were in my shoes what would you do?

•••
Last edited:
•••
Well...Walt Disney very protective...

I stay away from copyrights....
I would never fight them just give it to them or try to get something for it from there.... I understand what you mean totally.... How long you been in the domain industry for ?

•••
I would never fight them just give it to them or try to get something for it from there.... I understand what you mean totally.... How long you been in the domain industry for ?
Well, your Disney question is better suited for https://www.namepros.com/forums/legal-discussion.229/

Bought my first domain in 1999...still have it (and yes it was a classic newbie buy (a number instead of a word etc)...only reason that I keep it, is that it gets reasonable traffic)

•••
Well, your Disney question is better suited for

Bought my first domain in 1999...still have it (and yes it was a classic newbie buy (a number instead of a word etc)...only reason that I keep it, is that it gets reasonable traffic)
How much would you sell it for ?

•••
•••
Honestly...never would sell it!
I have a contingency plan for that domain and my "privately held" ones
Thanks for the article. This got me thinking its funny how you brought it to my attention I always thought what will happen when I pass.

•••
I flipped the largest CBD domain portfolio in existence last year and flipped the largest CBG domain portfolio in existence last month to the same corporation. Allow me to express my experience in selling these domains ...

1) Nobody with money cares for "Weed" or "Bud" or "Ganja" domains; focus on keywords like Cannabis and Hemp ...

2) Focus on acquiring Medical and/or Corporate-type of Cannabis and Hemp domains only (... especially if your plan is to sell the domains)

3) If the entity is publicly traded make sure to request shares of their stocks otherwise DO NOT sell your domains ...

I was lucky to be acquired by a publicly traded company who also offered me 10% of everything/anything my domains generate for them for the next 3 years + A TON of shares for their publicly traded company. They own an extremely powerful medical patent (under the same corporation which the stocks are issued with) but seems like they have not yet started licensing their goldmine of a issued patent. What does my story tell you? Focus on the big picture; the picture most people of interest have been fighting over for yearsss --- and that's its medical benefits.

A dispensary owner has no interest in providing the health benefits of Cannabis to the masses; it cares to pocket retail sales and the profits that come with it. Simply put --- buy professional names and sell to those who will use those names for medical reasons (... they have more chances of being able to legally sell products while the dispensaries still federally cant).

I'm not great at stuff like this but I hope I was helpful.

Cheers.

Last edited:
•••
Agree with you @DomainAuction Medical is the prime first word. Plant Plants Grow Yield Yields are common search terms but very limited in number of decent domain names. I dropped THC in a new extension you can kiss that 3L term goodbye.

•••
Agree with you @DomainAuction Medical is the prime first word. Plant Plants Grow Yield Yields are common search terms but very limited in number of decent domain names. I dropped THC in a new extension you can kiss that 3L term goodbye.

Thank you, I only shared my experience because everyone in the Canna space (from large corporations to enthusiast start-ups) were contacted and the value differed substantially based on their use-case. One domain in particular sold for $xx,xxx but was getting $xxx offers and most brokers I hate to admit completely failed on understanding the value of 95% of the domains.

•••
I flipped the largest CBD domain portfolio in existence last year and flipped the largest CBG domain portfolio in existence last month to the same corporation. Allow me to express my experience in selling these domains ...

1) Nobody with money cares for "Weed" or "Bud" or "Ganja" domains; focus on keywords like Cannabis and Hemp ...

2) Focus on acquiring Medical and/or Corporate-type of Cannabis and Hemp domains only (... especially if your plan is to sell the domains)

3) If the entity is publicly traded make sure to request shares of their stocks otherwise DO NOT sell your domains ...

I was lucky to be acquired by a publicly traded company who also offered me 10% of everything/anything my domains generate for them for the next 3 years + A TON of shares for their publicly traded company. They own an extremely powerful medical patent (under the same corporation which the stocks are issued with) but seems like they have not yet started licensing their goldmine of a issued patent. What does my story tell you? Focus on the big picture; the picture most people of interest have been fighting over for yearsss --- and that's its medical benefits.

A dispensary owner has no interest in providing the health benefits of Cannabis to the masses; it cares to pocket retail sales and the profits that come with it. Simply put --- buy professional names and sell to those who will use those names for medical reasons (... they have more chances of being able to legally sell products while the dispensaries still federally cant).

I'm not great at stuff like this but I hope I was helpful.

Cheers.

I agree, I have weed domains two are budhemps.com, budhempz.com

•••
just registered

HempProteins.com.au

Cheers
Corey

•••
Look into South American Cannabis / Hemp domains and research what's going on in Brazil (210 Million in population) in regards to Óleo de CBD

;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back