Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
@Fonzie, @xynames

With nearly half of the 50 United States currently recognizing the valid and legal therapeutic applications of cannabis, including 8 states and the District of Columbia now fully legalizing both medicinal and recreational consumption of cannabis products, a national shift in policy away from the prohibition of cannabis has been signaled.

In 2015, Forbes called legal cannabis the best startup opportunity for entrepreneurs and investors, and the marijuana economy is projected to grow by triple-digit percentage points up to $44 billion per year by 2020. Fortune magazine predicts $6.7 billion in legal sales alone in 2016, while an additional $850 million annually is currently estimated for the laboratory analysis industry, according to Susan Audino, an Assessor for the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation, speaking at the March 2016 National Meeting of the American Chemical Society. In fact, Cannabis Chemistry (CANN) is now an officially recognized subdivision of the American Chemical Society, with scholarship and insights on industry now regularly presented in sessions at the ACS national meetings.

Source: Why Medicinal Plant Chemistry? | NMU Department of Chemistry

Cheers
Corey

•••
Briteside but they have the name brtside.com, good commercial

•••
•••
I was keeping an eye on Mike Mann's sale of highgrade.com because I had a similar name, so it turns out to be a marijuana domain sale and it forwards to highgra.de. Interesting being a hack with german extension

•••
•••
•••
which strains are the best?
TastyStrains (in com)!!

•••
•••
cann-market.png

•••
More good news for my dankweed.com: California's legalization is kicking off with proposed banking methods from the state treasury (previously cannabis banking was not feasible due to Schedule I status). I see a large amount of for profit corporations emerging from the cannabis picture here and in Canada (where they are already established). Also - New Jersey is said to be legalizing soon. So far buydankweed.com, finddankweed.com, gooddankweed.com, dankweed.net, dankweed.ca, and dankweed.org are all taken.

I'm holding out for a certain amount that I want in a few years since cannabis is predicted to be a $50B industry by 2026.

•••
•••
Keith, nice!
Any word on the details (private sale? price? etc).

Recent pick-up:

- Green Poison (com) -- a strain

•••
Keith, nice!
Any word on the details (private sale? price? etc).
Private sale. Tried to buy it for the last year and never got a response. His email was deactivated so I called and struck a deal.

•••
I guess this one might qualify..

Partyables.com

•••
Well it’s been more than 3 years since my biggest sale of 2 POT domains. In 2014 I sold the following as a pair for $150,000 - total acquisition cost for me was about $1200.

PotShops/com
PotEdibles/com

Since then there have been several 4-5 figure sales on our end :)

Last edited:
•••
I was always curious what they were, thanks for sharing!

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back