Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
g'day and welcome @Jenny Reinert

stick with 1 or 2 words and preferably not slang

Cheers
Corey

•••
Saw these sales reports on Namebio.com - not mine

cannamarket.com 5,070 USD 2017-07-24 DropCatch
cannamarket.com 5,101 USD 2017-07-10 DropCatch

dealspot.com 4,201 USD 2017-07-24 NameJet
dealspot.com 3,500 USD 2017-02-15 NameJet

•••
•••
Jenny

The industry will buy quality, no one that has to brand in the Non monopoly states will be cheap. After all they know the values of their returns.

Basic url rules apply, as as prior mentioned. At best , short two word domains will sell in the $2000+ range.

Example is right above this;
Cannamarket $5000

Two words, with seo...and clean.

There won't be a $500 or even a $50 market. I just dont see it.

And only starting this Fall into Winter 2018. No one is going to drop $0000 into a domain without a permitt. California and Mass and Michigan ,haven't even begun to accept applications.

There are a few sales as mentioned, but nothing but quality.

I currently have 2000+ two word domains all Seo...heavy in Canna and Leaf, minors in mmj,mj cbd, Cannabis, Marijuana ,and a scattering in pot, and weed. I'm working on a sales platform for Fall sales.

My suggestion is to focus on what industry you know, say it's catering, or pet care. Because of inside knowledge you will arrive at some great ideas = domain.

I personally have a agricultural background so I own every agri, agri, leafseeds... agriculture in everything pretty much. I make enviormental equipment, so things like cannaclimate, and leafweather etc.

Best of luck.
Danny

Last edited:
•••
Saw these sales reports on Namebio.com - not mine

cannamarket.com 5,070 USD 2017-07-24 DropCatch
cannamarket.com 5,101 USD 2017-07-10 DropCatch
I'm slipping. How did I miss this?!

•••
I personally have a agricultural background so I own every agri, agri, leafseeds... agriculture in everything pretty much. I make enviormental equipment, so things like cannaclimate, and leafweather etc.

Best of luck.
Danny
HempAgriculture is all yours when you're ready...

•••
Jenny

The industry will buy quality, no one that has to brand in the Non monopoly states will be cheap. After all they know the values of their returns.

Basic url rules apply, as as prior mentioned. At best , short two word domains will sell in the $2000+ range.

Cannamarket $5000

And only starting this Fall into Winter 2018. No one is going to drop $0000 into a domain without a permitt. California and Mass and Michigan ,haven't even begun to accept applications.

I currently have 2000+ two word domains all Seo...heavy in Canna and Leaf, minors in mmj,mj cbd, Cannabis, Marijuana ,and a scattering in pot, and weed. I'm working on a sales platform for Fall sales.

My suggestion is to focus on what industry you know, say it's catering, or pet care. Because of inside knowledge you will arrive at some great ideas = domain.

Best of luck.
Danny

Jenny

Cannamarket $5000

Best of luck.
Danny

Danny-hey thanks for the reply much appreciated!

Did you have any thoughts on these .coms though that I own (posted below)?

Which do you think I should put my time into marketing if any that pop out to you? I feel some are strong as to the points you mention just wondering if it is the same ones I want to spend my time on. If not this is a very fun learning experience and I have much enjoyed educating myself in the business and getting into learning the domain world (obviously I dont know much yet lots to look forward to learning, very thankful for this wonderful resource I found).

Jenny

Prescribepot, weedalcohols, vapepenrefill, Cannabispredictions, vaperpenrefill, vapependistributor, vapepencharger, vapepenbattery, vapepenbatteries, trademarijuanastock, thcalcohols, shatterpipes, sell pot seed, sellmarijuanastocks, Sellmarijuanastock, sativaoilpen, potpredictions, plant pot seeds, organiccraftbud, oil rig pipes, oilrigpipe, marijuanaWallStreet, marijuanastockpredictions, marijuana medical guide, marijuanacliniclocator, marijuanaclinicdirectory, livethe420life, legalpotspot, legalweedclinic, iown420, indicaoilpen, indicaalcohol, identifymarijuana, icraftbud, hybridoilpen, hirebudtender, higherbudtender, floridaweedclinics, craftweeds, craftbudrx, couriercannabis, buyoilpens, cannacandystore, buyhempjewelry, 420pothead, 420tats, artwork420, 420mymoney, 420ismine, 420branded,

•••
Danny-hey thanks for the reply much appreciated!

Did you have any thoughts on these .coms though that I own (posted below)?

Which do you think I should put my time into marketing if any that pop out to you?

Well since you asked for the second time I'll say nothing - nothing there looks like an aftermarket sale to me. Like people have said, stick to two words or less - and keywords that sell, which you can find out by researching reported domain sales and reading this thread. CBD, weed, pot, hemp, marijuana, cannabis, canna, bud, 420, maybe leaf and green and wellness, maybe mj or mmj, and not in that order. That might sound harsh but renewing names no one will buy is just a waste of money. And yes no one knows the future and new trends emerge, such as edibles and soluble products, so I don't 100% believe the argument that all names are taken, you just have to look carefully. Happy Hunting!

There is a whole section here for appraisals on domain names

Last edited:
•••
Well since you asked for the second time I'll say nothing - nothing there looks like an aftermarket sale to me. Like people have said, stick to two words or less - and keywords that sell, which you can find out by researching reported domain sales and reading this thread. CBD, weed, pot, hemp, marijuana, cannabis, canna, bud, 420, maybe leaf and green and wellness, maybe mj or mmj, and not in that order. That might sound harsh but renewing names no one will buy is just a waste of money. And yes no one knows the future and new trends emerge, such as edibles and soluble products, so I don't 100% believe the argument that all names are taken, you just have to look carefully. Happy Hunting!

Although a few ideas on the comments.

1. There is inventory left although tends to be in gap and simple misses by the core domain people here and elsewhere for its a wait and hold market,.example hand reg...today

Cannagriculture.com
Cannaroaster.com ( coffee)

Not sure but I may have Cannaagriculture, or opps..someone missed it me?? Not sure I have alot.. I collect coffee, so that's the roaster thing, although someone else has cannaroasters.com.($2000 listing )

2. Historical sales have little to do with this emerging market, short of trends and "projected " marketing trends in Cannabis.
Naturally as we have debated here I believe in "leaf" following leafly.com..and leaflink.com . Although I'm heavy into Canna and Leaf equally and Mmj..., minors in pot,weed,mj, cannabis, ganja. I don't collect hemp. I as grower don't understand that commercial market. So I only do what I know, and I simply didn't think about hemp.

Canna is going to be the go to word, this is common consensus. So we all agree on that here. Works on social media, seo...and such. It's a sure bet.

Although in my visions if grandeur I envisioned Leaf on huge storefronts . To read the New York Times to see NuLeaf in Reno in a huge picture. So this is example of a vision coming true. Similarly with PetCare...Every few months a new article into the miracles of Cbd in pet care. Or say catering....fun Canna parties .

The business I count the new entry's. None of 2016 election results (unlimited stores in Ma,Ca etc ). Michigan is unlimited growers, stores, transport, extract, and edible permitts. In Jan 2018 they accept applications.

Currently the industry is at 3 billion going to 27 billion in a few years. (Pending Sessions factor ).

More importantly for us is not the dollar amount of net sales , but the volume of accepted permitts per state. Michigan is expected to be in the tens of thousands for instance. Ohio 22, Pa 27, Fl 11.

With the above in play the Domain game hasn't yet begun...short of a few sales, we see here and there.

Jenny, focus on one core area you know. And simply think your way into a simple domain. Their still there. I pick up a few every day. So does many here.

Game on in 2018

Last edited:
•••
registered
  • CannaMarket.com.au
Cheers
Corey

•••
Speaking of such Game on

Massachussets
Governor signed today
Tax went up to %20, comparable to other legal states.
5 person Cannabis Commission to be established.
Unlimited stores and growers in areas that voted in Cannabis ( very controversial), it's %72 of the cities and towns. Boston included. In the other %28 local boards can ban or limit .

For us...this is big. Tremendous needs, with out of the gate branding needed.
Domains....true budgets for websites and street retail stores, Yes in a age of shrinking retail. New cannabis stores

Exacting spefic details on growers and edible and so on to be established by the board

Rollout 2018 July actual sales.

On another note

The Senate , Sessions proofed Mmj...policys. it's a start. Hopefully Sessions quits or gets fired also.

Game on ...

•••

Thanks hope I didn't bug you I value the feedback!

•••
•••
dealspot.com 4,201 USD 2017-07-24 NameJet
dealspot.com 3,500 USD 2017-02-15 NameJet
DealSpot or DealsPot...love it!

•••
Thanks hope I didn't bug you I value the feedback!

Hi it's cool - we're all here to learn I hope, and new stuff keeps coming along. This thread gave me ideas for new domains that actually sold fast, others had passed by niche names that turned out to be good in a sector that is attracting serious money now.

You can play with keyword searches on leandomainsearch.com to find availables. Guess what, pushweed.com is free...

This one is on Namebio today, not mine:

innherb.com 3,600 USD 2017-07-28 TLDPros.com

Last edited:
•••
Carob, is on to the creative aspect and spefic nuances of this market, including trends.

Innherb....that I personally don't think is that good. Nonetheless someone did, they spent $3600.

Travel and tourism in this industry is another trend, obviously there isn't much inventory if this sold. I have a few travel.

Again, knowing ones market instance travel and hotels gives one insight into names like innherb.com with obvious payouts.

I focused on horticulture, vape, coffee and pet care. As well as flower names, like cannablooms.com and weedaisy.com for store names.

A note, women will be a huge part of this industry in all aspects .

Follow women's grow, go-to these meetings in your area for marketing ones domains as well as understanding the different business that will need domains (branding ). They have monthly meetings in major cities.

Best of luck

Last edited:
•••
Sales on namebio today - not me

weedfinders.com 1,675 USD 2017-07-29 Flippa
thecannabisseed.com 205 USD 2017-07-29 GoDaddy
cannabisoregon.com 178 USD 2017-07-29 GoDaddy

•••
Namebio today - not me

marijuanabook.com 405 USD 2017-07-31 GoDaddy

Plus a couple of others that probably are not weed but wellness is sometimes used for 420 talk:

caregiverwellness.com 2,850 USD 2017-07-31 BuyDomains
wellnessmap.com 254 USD 2017-07-31 DropCatch

Last edited:
•••
Namebio today - not me

marijuanabook.com 405 USD 2017-07-31 GoDaddy

Plus a couple of others that probably are not weed but wellness is sometimes used for 420 talk:

caregiverwellness.com 2,850 USD 2017-07-31 BuyDomains
wellnessmap.com 254 USD 2017-07-31 DropCatch

Good deal for the buyer. Would have expected marijuanabook to go for quite a bit more.

The wellness names likely have nothing to do with mj, but nice to see that keyword still selling.

Thanks for reporting the sales.

•••
Many of the approved states for Cannabis have or are banning old school terms such as Marijuana in signage and branding. Hawaii was the last one I read about.

I've been in on such meetings in Michigan where the localities will restrict verbage when it comes to this industry. Canna seems to be the go to.

What sounds better for a store in say Cambridge Massachusetts.

Cannablooms
Leafblooms
Potblooms
Weedblooms...

Or

Marijuanablooms.
Gangablooms.

My vote
Leafblooms
Cannablooms

If you were with your family walking down a small village what would you be okay with seeing on a nice sign, and that works with seo...and online presence.

That's the question

•••
Many of the approved states for Cannabis have or are banning old school terms such as Marijuana in signage and branding. Hawaii was the last one I read about.

I've been in on such meetings in Michigan where the localities will restrict verbage when it comes to this industry. Canna seems to be the go to.

What sounds better for a store in say Cambridge Massachusetts.

Cannablooms
Leafblooms
Potblooms
Weedblooms...

Or

Marijuanablooms.
Gangablooms.

My vote
Leafblooms
Cannablooms

If you were with your family walking down a small village what would you be okay with seeing on a nice sign, and that works with seo...and online presence.

That's the question

Medicinal Cannabis, Medical Marijuana or MMJ is just fine for the Village...
or cyberspace, for that matter...

•••
Medicinal Cannabis, Medical Marijuana or MMJ is just fine for the Village...
or cyberspace, for that matter...

Again only my opinion only, for the industry is evolving .

And it's going to the streets. People will be getting retail stores. Sure the internet is what most of mindsets are moving twords, interestingly enough this industry will go twords a hybrid version, street presence and online.

Mmj...despite the fact I have a bunch, I feel it doesn't have enough crossover into recreational. Despite a mmj policy going in for July 2018. In Michigan no one is going with Mmj ( For branding ).for they have a recreational initiative in the works.

The true volume is in retail stores and growers for us. Large cbd manufacturing will need some and edibles .

Example
Cannabis Business Executive today.

There will be " craft " micro growers in Massachussetts. Think craft beers. Small grows with branding . This is a true market for us. I just can't even fathom how many ...thousands. Envision the growers growing quality blooms, then supplying the retail stores.

Where here is the cyberspace play? Only.

The domains needed will have to fit into a hybrid model. That works from signage, to packaging to online presence and seo...

Last edited:
•••
Think420 (com)

my oldest 420 domain (17 y.o)

•••
•••
Namebio today, not me, well not yet anyway

ecopot.com 1,000 USD 2017-08-02 DropCatch
budsquad.com 250 USD 2017-08-02 GoDaddy
ganjaglobal.com 213 USD 2017-08-02 GoDaddy

BTW most weed + emoji combos are taken, what for you might ask, but for anyone that wants it emojicannabis is free and so is hempemoji.

Last edited:
•••
Back