NameSilo

Show me your ‘NEOM’ domain names

Labeled as discuss in Brandable Domain Discussion started by Atmosphere Global, Nov 30, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. manpreet

manpreet Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Thats some excellent info on Neom. Thanks for sharing.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. manpreet

Just checked, Neomfreezone.com and Neomfreeport.com are registered since 2017. Not sure if they will ever have an end user value... but lets see.
    Just checked, Neomfreezone.com and Neomfreeport.com are registered since 2017 by someone. Not sure if they will ever have an end user value... but lets see.

3. BrandableDomain

BrandableDomain Established Member

I heard about Neom about four hours after it was announced. I was amazed by the scale of the project, thought about it for a few minutes, then grabbed a piece of paper to think up some domain names.

So about 20 minutes later, I tried regging 16 names, but 8 had already been taken. Some of the names I acquired were:

NeomMarket.com
    NeomEnergy.com
    NeomBusiness.com
    NeomTrade.com
    NeomHomes.com

Thought of some more names in the next couple of days, but most were already taken. The goldrush had begun. Two years later I have more than 25 Neom names.

4. BrandableDomain

I’ve also tried to keep up with Neom since 2017, but didn’t know most of the info that is presented here, so thanks :xf.wink:

I am one of the clients at NeomDomainNames.com mentioned by @Neom Smith. I’m glad to have the opportunity to list some domains on a dedicated site and have been impressed with the marketing ideas he is discussing with participants.

I feel optimistic about potential sales, though they may be a few years away yet.

While there are certainly risks, the project could be enormous. Neom has an area of 26,500 sq km with about 468 km of natural coastline. It is about 88% of the size of Belgium and about 128% the size of Israel. So it has the size of a small country.

5. manpreet

Some nice names there!

6. manpreet

Thanks, if you don't mind sharing, any good sales till now ?

7. Neom Smith

Neom Smith Upgraded Member Blue Account

I have:
    neomairportfreezone.com
    neomfreeport.com

8. manpreet

Nice, but just my opinion, neomairportfreezone.com might be good for development only, not sale.

9. WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.com WhoaDomain.com Gold Account VIP

As someone who just regged some Neom domains.

Since neom.com is dev. Why would anyone want to own these keyword combos?

Neom+keyword.com
    Keyword+Neom.com

Not here to troll just asking a fair question given that Neom is dev-ed.

Thanks.

Would or can any other business brand under say....

NeomMarket.com?
    Or
    NeomWorld.com?

also food for thought. In this "area" of the world. Isn't it typical for businesses to go with .ae or .sa (especially .sa since this dev is in Saudi Arabia?)

10. manpreet

Thats some nice food for thought.

11. manpreet

While someone takes time to answer questions raised by @Avtar629 , I would like to highlight that Yesterday someone registered "Neom", only the four letter keyword neom, in around 47 new TLDs including .attorney, .cab, .catering, .clinic, etc etc.

12. Neom Smith

My experience is in building Data Centers (25+ years), not domain names. Here is my 2 cents.

Avtar629: In this "area" of the world. Isn't it typical for businesses to go with .ae or .sa (especially .sa since this dev is in Saudi Arabia?)

A: From my understanding, .com TLDs are better for Global audiences. While .ae, .sa are for Local audiences. I lived in the ME for 10 years, most of the companies I did business with had both their countries TLD and a .com, .net, etc. that was forwarded to their countries TLD.

The largest phone and internet providers in Saudi (STC.com) and UAE (Etisalat.com) use .com. Both are owned by the governments of each country.

Avtar629: To answer your question: “Since neom.com is dev. Why would anyone want to own these keyword combos?”

A: The same reason people go to Las Vegas and gamble their money away. I might get lucky and win the jackpot. :) :)

Neom Smith

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  13. Atmosphere Global

Atmosphere Global neomvacation.com

14. Recons.Com

Recons.Com Top Contributor VIP

This is complete nuts! To invest into bunch of names in anticipation of a city to be built?

The best case, they are geo-names that you can buy for existing current cities with current businesses, yet you can still hand reg them in bunches. You are throwing money at something that will maybe exist in 10 years, still has to get businesses rolling and is located in Saudi, where they can just as well get .sa names.

15. Atmosphere Global

Based on my experience with the government of Dubai.
    These are the names in Neom that have a high probability of being sold at a good price.
    5d7f89fd2e22af120f4b9054.jpeg
    High interest for the government:

xneom
    myneom
    visitneom
    neompark
    neomparks
    neombank
    smartneom
    neomfuture
    neompolice
    neomgames
    neomairport
    neomairports
    neomproject
    neomholding
    neomtourism
    skydiveneom
    neombusiness
    neomproperties
    neommunicipality among others...
    neom_0.jpg
    High interest for the companies:

neommap
    neomapp
    neomapps
    neomclub
    neomtour
    neomtours
    neomhotel
    neomhotels
    neomtravel
    neomrealty
    neomrobot
    neomrobots
    neomrental
    neomrentals
    neomcruise
    neomcruises
    neomdrone
    neomdrones
    neomdelivery
    neomproperty
    neomvacation
    neomvacations
    neomcarrentals
    neomrealestate
    neomrestaurant
    neomrestaurants
    neomvacationrentals among others...

Success to all who have these names... In 2020 the first phase opens.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  16. BrandableDomain

No enquiries or sales so far. But that was expected.

I see Neom domains as being a long term investment because only a very small part of the city state has been built and I don’t think many people will buy a domain years in advance.

So right from the start I thought it would be a more than 5 year investment so I decided not to buy too many names.

I even dropped a small number when the first renewal was due in 2018, but bought some more in the past year.

17. BrandableDomain

If everything goes to plan Neom, the world’s largest project, will be built at a cost of more than 500 billion dollars.

There may be thousands of new businesses wanting a domain. Sure, many will go with .sa but there is a good chance many will want to appear global so may want to go with .com.

But at the end of the day it is speculation. There are also geo-political risks and there is also the possibility they will launch .neom etc.

As the owner of NeomMarket.com - there will be numerous markets in Neom so I think regging it was a good investment.

It’s a long term prospect. An undated FAQ PDF from Neom.com says this:

“Work on NEOM has already started, and construction will start as soon as we finalize the research and planning phase that is currently underway. We expect the bulk of the construction of NEOM to be completed within the next 7-10 years.”

It has a unique and exciting plan:

“NEOM will be the world’s first independent international zone… NEOM will be independent of the
    Kingdom’s existing governmental framework, excluding sovereign laws.”

18. manpreet

Agreed, it will take some time as per the demand of domains to be created. One question, that I always ask all other Neom experts here. Do you guys sense some problem in terms of Trademark if SA tried to get this TMed as a brand ? I am sure they will try to have a .neom TLD too but that does not cover the global market as is the case with other so many NTLDs, .com is always the king. But what do you think about the TM stuff ?

19. BrandableDomain

I don’t know enough about trademark law to comment with any authority.

I did take note of comment #27 by @Blitzpotz saying that the PIF has applied for various “Neom” trademarks.

As far as I know, all my Neom domains were regged prior to any marks being granted or probably even applied for, not that I know if that gives them any sort of legal protection.

20. manpreet

Ok, thanks for the info.

21. Atmosphere Global

True or not, before they go with you, they will have to go with them

gtg-neom-organics-shop-main-1.jpg neom-2.jpg

22. manpreet

23. Neom Smith

HI Forum,
    Just wanted to let you know about a couple of Neom City pages I am working on.

Neom has been in the news lately, I have posted the most recent articles here:
    https://neomnewsarticles.com/

I have also started a new page called Neom Project Report, the goal of this page will be to attract business and their Project Managers who are interested in the Neom City Project. I have posted the information here:
    http://NeomProjectReport.com

If you come across any article you would like to be posted on https://neomnewsarticles.com/ please post them here.

Peace,
    Neom Smith

24. exyzed

exyzed Top Contributor VIP

I want to sell enneom.com for low price (mid $xx) , pm if interested.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  25. RENATA BARNES

RENATA BARNES Upgraded Member Gold Account

Neom is not just a dream it is reality and it is being built as we speak. By registering Neom domain names one can generate traffic for the future business investor. Dot Com domain extensions will drive a wider audience. It is never to early to invest in Neom domain names as once they are gone they are gone forever. By having Neom domain names one is securing global positioning for the future business.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice