Dynadot

question Should you keep crypto domains in your portfolio for next year 2023 ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NameInbox

Top Member
Impact
Should you keep domains with words like crypto, bitcoin, ethereum ... ?

Today I got an email, that one trading platform is Removing ETH (Paxful, a global peer-to-peer trading platform, is set to remove Ethereum (ETH) trading from its marketplace).

Also this year, this month
  • Bitcoin's Price Fall like from $60k to near $15k
  • FTX Crash
  • Core Scientific Declares Bankruptcy
Is This the End of Crypto?
Drop crypto domains ASAP ?

Thanks for any reply

1671699509790.png

p.s. it's not about .eth .wallet ...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Should you keep domains with words like crypto, bitcoin, ethereum ... ?

Yes. It's a big part of Web3, the future of the internet as we see it transitioning now. Sure, currencies will have their ups and downs and certain platforms may not entertain them all, however, these digital currencies are global commodities and solutions for seamless trading wherever you may be in the world.

•••
Depends. Solid domains can stay, crap domains can go - shouldn't be registered in the first place, but FOMO and all - understandable. In general, a good time to purge.

•••
I continue to hold Cryptocorp♡com

Owned since 2000-07-09 (2962 days before bitcoin.org)

•••
There will be a big change coming this next year regarding how crypto will be viewed by the public. Kevin O'Leary stated after the US Senate crypto hearings that the feel he got in the room was that there would be "very swift changes in crypto regulation" as US lawmakers are getting tired of this "Wild West" sector and they don't want to have meetings every month as more crypto exchanges fail (and this is inevitable).

I have bought and sold crypto a few years back but abandoned that industry 5 years ago. In the coming years, the word "Cryptocurrency" is going to be forbidden in any advertising and "Cryptosecurity" will be used in its stead. "Security" is much more accurate a term for what is done in that industry. Investing in crypto is investing in software, essentially, so "security' is suitable and not misleading.

How does this affect "crypto" domains? Somewhat. Once the industry is more regulated (and it will be this year), there will be less baiting and selling of pipe-dreams by rogue crypto exchanges. So generally there will be less people in the industry since governments will reign in phoney establishments and not just anyone will be able to peddle a worthless crytocoin. Because of this, you can expect the cream of the crop crypto domains to hold their value and the mediocre ones to lose much of their value.

So if you have a mediocre name, you might consider selling.

•••
•••
Exactly. I have been saying this for years. But just by sheer numbers of people connected all over the world by the internet, the fraud continues. No service or product so in fact a Ponzi scheme of epic proportions.

Just incredible that Elon Musk etc. peddled this.

•••
Bitcoin price seems rising again. Slowly Crypto market may go up as Web3 develops.
Its better to hold the names that you own.
I have around 6 names with the same hope

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back