Dynadot

discuss Should like names have their own marketplace?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
I own a pretty good domain/name Marketplace to showcase my domains. However I have domains that are specific to certain industries like financial services and healthcare. Then I have extension specific domains like .Golf and .Homes. Finally, I have "first name" specific domains like; "Savor/Savour" domains and "Incredible" domains. For example, a friend from Canada owns a marketplace site of his .homes domains; Premium.homes.

I guess my main point is if you were marketing/selling domains to home builders or realtors, and you owned 50 or more names, wouldn't it be smart to develop a site that gives the appearance that it caters just to builders and realtors? Otherwise I think you domains might get lost in the domain jungle?

I would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think this from the OP is an important question. Let's not fog it by mentioning other names in the savor line or questioning or responding about personalities or business success, please everyone.

I think that domain names are getting lost in the domain jungle. A site like Afternic or Sedo each have well over 10 million domain names listed. and It is only natural that it is hard to get noticed there. Even Undeveloped I see have about 800,000 pointed there, so the total number must be somewhat more than that.

So how do you get end users to find a name that they can not guess? The brandable marketplaces provided a solution for the types of names they handle. The categories for individual portfolios provides a site that does what is envisioned here, but really the vast majority don't get visited much it seems to me. So is there a model that would work?

Bob

"So is there a model that would work?" Maybe, but it would have to work similar to the way multiple listing service MLS, works for real estate. Here is a little about MLS.com;

"MLS.com is an independently owned and operated Real Estate Advertising Service Company for Real Estate firms, Mortgage firms, Insurance companies and other real estate related entities. MLS.com does not work directly with any real estate buyers or sellers. MLS.com does not receive any commissions or referral fees from any resulting transactions. Your use of this web site constitutes your acceptance of the MLS.com Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. The mark: "MLS.com America's Real Estate Portal" is a servicemark of Multiple Listing Network Ltd. The mark 'Realtor' is a servicemark of the National Association of Realtors to designate a real estate professional who is a member of the National Association of Realtors."

You know me, I'm already messing around with names for the MLS of domains:xf.smile:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back