Dynadot

question Should I buy multi times dropped domains but still having search demand ?

NameSilo
Watch

yMASTER

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

Need a favor in seeking experts advice that while hand registering few .com domains under health & medical niche, upon checking their WHOIS to proceed further I found that all of them were already registered before, expired and dropped several times before. These domains are 'niche specific' but have dropped 3 or 4 times previously and still in dropped condition and available for registration, good thing is their keywords have search demand in google search, say 500 or 1000 searches/month. Their keywords are good and make a sense & I like them & want to buy them for flipping purpose only. Their age is 10-15 years.

Moreover these domains have zero power, ie, zero DA PA, zero backlinks, etc., and not indexed in google.

Should I proceed to buy them for flipping on basis of having search demand keywords?

and if Yes, then what are the things to check before buying them?

and their Estibot Appraisal shows between 300 - 1000 $.

Please send your valuable opinions..

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The fact that they were pre-owned and dropped doesn't mean they cannot be sold.

The fact that they were pre-owned and dropped doesn't mean they will sell.

Rather, focus on the domain and who might buy it and what for.

•••
Really no way to say without knowing the names. Names can tick all the supposed boxes and still be terrible names (improper Engish, makes no sense, words don’t flow well together etc) or never sell for whatever reason. Most names go unsold. Even good ones.

Make sure no trademarks as if you register this is day one and they have zero age. If more than two words I would pass.

It’s important to learn how to spot a good name without any stats which takes experience.

•••
The fact that they were pre-owned and dropped doesn't mean they cannot be sold.

The fact that they were pre-owned and dropped doesn't mean they will sell.

Rather, focus on the domain and who might buy it and what for.

thanks a lot dear

Free Domain Appraisal Tool - Dotible dot com *

how accurate this tool shall be ? Please guide

•••
Really no way to say without knowing the names. Names can tick all the supposed boxes and still be terrible names (improper Engish, makes no sense, words don’t flow well together etc) or never sell for whatever reason. Most names go unsold. Even good ones.

Make sure no trademarks as if you register this is day one and they have zero age. If more than two words I would pass.

It’s important to learn how to spot a good name without any stats which takes experience.

thank u so much for your guidelines ..

As u have quoted :
the line above is one of the most difficult step to implement & understand for a beginner in Domain Industry , we don't find any expired domains with great name and stats together in aftermarkets as they are already grabbed by giants keeping a continuous watch there, and secondly if there are so with little good name but without any stats or power at all and vise versa.

So, how to overcome these complications?

Please provide us certain resources or your experience you may have with you that could really give us a good start.

Thank you

•••
Forget about all parameters and focus on the name, if it is good name then go for it. If it is bad name but all parameters are good ignore the domain.

So the main question you should ask is what makes a good domain? Then answer is not straight forward and includes some learning curve, in general a good domain name is a sellable name that has non-trivial chance of selling at a retail price in next 20 years.

Domains that are sellable tend to be:
  • Memorable
  • Brandable
  • Belong to a growing industry
  • Have limited alternatives
  • Have large pool of potential buyers.

Last edited:
•••
thank u so much for your guidelines ..

As u have quoted :

the line above is one of the most difficult step to implement & understand for a beginner in Domain Industry , we don't find any expired domains with great name and stats together in aftermarkets as they are already grabbed by giants keeping a continuous watch there, and secondly if there are so with little good name but without any stats or power at all and vise versa.

So, how to overcome these complications?

Please provide us certain resources or your experience you may have with you that could really give us a good start.

Thank you
The more you scan expired lists the better you get at it if in the rest of the time you are

1 educating yourself on current domain sales, (get NameBio daily sales newsletter or read it here)
2 educating yourself on current trends by reading niche specific news daily. (Crypto, Tech, Bio, Medical, Health etc)
3 starting with niches you know and understand have experience in
4 learning from threads here
5 to understand brandables better look at the names listed at SquadHelp etc.

There is no fast track but if you do this above you will be a pro and all of this will be much easier.

•••
Forget about all parameters and focus on the name, if it is good name then go for it. If it is bad name but all parameters are good ignore the domain.

So the main question you should ask is what makes a good domain? Then answer is not straight forward and includes some learning curve, in general a good domain name is a sellable name that has non-trivial chance of selling at a retail price in next 20 years.

Domains that are sellable tend to be:
  • Memorable
  • Brandable
  • Belong to a growing industry
  • Have limited alternatives
  • Have large pool of potential buyers.
thanks for providing great privileges...has been taken well:giggle:

•••
The more you scan expired lists the better you get at it if in the rest of the time you are

1 educating yourself on current domain sales, (get NameBio daily sales newsletter or read it here)
2 educating yourself on current trends by reading niche specific news daily. (Crypto, Tech, Bio, Medical, Health etc)
3 starting with niches you know and understand have experience in
4 learning from threads here
5 to understand brandables better look at the names listed at SquadHelp etc.

There is no fast track but if you do this above you will be a pro and all of this will be much easier.

thanks..

well, understanding and creating brandables are harder steps to move on, I'll be trying to catch up the things soon. Should get back to you for further guidelines if needed :xf.grin:

•••
Also I'll be needing experts honest opinion regarding flipping of 'Keywords Domains' having fair keywords search volume in google and their keywords CPC (Say $2.00 or higher)....Please help.

•••
How is this Domain Industry News?

Last edited:
•••
apologies...

By mistake. It should be under domain general discussion.

•••
I usually do look in HosterStats to see if a name has been previously registered and dropped, but that does not much influence me on whether to take it or not.

As others have indicated, the key aspects are the quality of a name and whether it is a good fit for a reasonably number of possible businesses.

If it was registered, I try to learn more. For example DNS settings will tell you if it was at a brandable place or one of the big sellers like HD or BD, or if it was listed at Afternic. If Wayback Machine can be used to find an asking price, and if your asking price would be significantly different, that is worthwhile information.

But overall, I would not place much emphasis on this.

Bob

•••
What is the cpc of the traffic. Then look up who is buying ads.

•••
I usually do look in HosterStats to see if a name has been previously registered and dropped, but that does not much influence me on whether to take it or not.

As others have indicated, the key aspects are the quality of a name and whether it is a good fit for a reasonably number of possible businesses.

If it was registered, I try to learn more. For example DNS settings will tell you if it was at a brandable place or one of the big sellers like HD or BD, or if it was listed at Afternic. If Wayback Machine can be used to find an asking price, and if your asking price would be significantly different, that is worthwhile information.

Bob
Hi Bob, could you please explain the acronyms HD and DB? In the 3rd paragraph of your answer above?

Thanks.

•••
Hi Bob, could you please explain the acronyms HD and DB? In the 3rd paragraph of your answer above?
Sorry for using acronyms. HD for HugeDomains and BD for BuyDomains, two of the large domain sellers (also DomainMarket).

•••
Their age is 10-15 years.
Note that the official age is reset when a name is dropped. So a name that was first registered 15 years ago, but dropped last year and is now available to hand register, now has an official age of 0.

•••
Sorry for using acronyms. HD for HugeDomains and BD for BuyDomains, two of the large domain sellers (also DomainMarket).
Thanks Bob!

•••

Bob
great values BOB
thanx a lot

•••
Note that the official age is reset when a name is dropped. So a name that was first registered 15 years ago, but dropped last year and is now available to hand register, now has an official age of 0.

Bob,

Does domain age affects its value ?

I have been reading in many articles by experts saying fresh hand regs, in general, are not supposed to provide great returns as can be offered by older or good expired domains.

thanx

•••
I have to say this is one of the best threads as far as solid info I have seen here for a very long time! Merry Christmas!

•••
•••
Like others comments, registered or not before is not really relate to the domains probability to be sold.

I only have a little wonder, if it is with a good keyword, Estibot should give good appraisal, since Estibot using keyword search and cpc to count the domain value. For .com should above 2500$ for good keywords, for other extensions above 3500$. 1000 search/month should be good if it is EMD (Exact Match Domains) for popular services. For exact match search, even 500 is good. For Broad Search must be above 20,000 for good keywords. And if it is really above 1000 Exact Match, Estibot should be at least 2000$...

Last edited:
•••
Like others comments, registered or not before is not really relate to the domains probability to be sold.

I only have a little wonder, if it is with a good keyword, Estibot should give good appraisal, since Estibot using keyword search and cpc to count the domain value. For .com should above 2500$ for good keywords, for other extensions above 3500$. 1000 search/month should be good if it is EMD (Exact Match Domains) for popular services. For exact match search, even 500 is good. For Broad Search must be above 20,000 for good keywords. And if it is really above 1000 Exact Match, Estibot should be at least 2000$...
Thanx :xf.smile:

•••
Back