IT.COM

Should Flippa escrow still be avoided at all costs?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Tytus

Established Member
Impact
Just wondering if flippa escrow should still be avoided like a plague when going through a big deal. I always liked escrow.com but it would be nice to save a big sum in escrow fees when the time comes. Opinions? Anyone use it lately?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am sorry, but I have to say that Flippa Escrow should be avoided.

My story so far: I provided my wire details ahead of time - all the details their system asked for (and the system said that by providing these details, you will avoid delays).

Then when it came time to pay, the send me an email a few days after the buyer released the payment, asking for my wire details. So I send them all the details they did not ask for the first time round.

Then after a few more days, the payment gets returned, because they did not enter my full company name on the wire. So, I'm still waiting on my payment.

On top of this, support is slow, they often take a day or two to respond. And there is no way to phone anybody.

I have to say, I have received many wires from escrow companies over the years, and this one is not inspiring trust, which is exactly what one would expect from an escrow company. I was really expecting something a little better.

The Director of Flippa Domains have been helpful here on this forum and trying to help, but as it stands, I have yet to receive my wire.

•••

My story so far: I provided my wire details ahead of time - all the details their system asked for (and the system said that by providing these details, you will avoid delays).

Then when it came time to pay, the send me an email a few days after the buyer released the payment, asking for my wire details. So I send them all the details they did not ask for the first time round.

Then after a few more days, the payment gets returned, because they did not enter my full company name on the wire. So, I'm still waiting on my payment.

On top of this, support is slow, they often take a day or two to respond. And there is no way to phone anybody.

I have to say, I have received many wires from escrow companies over the years, and this one is not inspiring trust, which is exactly what one would expect from an escrow company. I was really expecting something a little better.

The Director of Flippa Domains have been helpful here on this forum and trying to help, but as it stands, I have yet to receive my wire.
Although I have some reserves about how Flippa handles some valuable clients, my experience with the escrow was OK. My biggest transaction was about mid xxxx$. Slow for verification, had to contact support, and then after a week from the payment moment, the money was released. You might have to poke them a little bit I guess.

•••
@indam

Yeah, but an escrow company should not need poking or hand holding. They are entrusted with somebody else's money and they should act accordingly.

•••

Thanks for sharing.

•••
IMHO, if the posts by other members at NP are true - Flippa itself should be avoided.

According to many members here their platform is plagued by many problems.

I have always wanted to try Flippa.

I like the interface and the site seems pretty cool, but frankly all the horror stories posted here scare me.

I wish they would fix some of the things people are complaining about.

I would really like to have the confidence to try them out soon.

•••
Just a final update - after some back and forth I did receive the payment today. And that's a good thing, too.

:)

•••

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back