IT.COM

Should crypto domain prices be tied to the price of respective crypto?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

33S

Established Member
Impact
Hi!

Basically if a bitcoin domain sold in September 2020 for let's say 1BTC ($10k then), can we price it for 1BTC now ($46K)? I know domains are not liquid and you can put a low price for a quick sale or wait a long time to sell for a lot, but still, is there a correlation?

Your thoughts? Thanks!l

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can price your domain as you want... The real question here is, are there buyers who are ready to pay your price?

I wouldn't say there is a correlation between crypto and domains. Crypto is only a payment method, while domains are the product.

Just because someone somewhere eventually paid 10K in BTC for a domain doesn't mean that someone will be ready to pay 46k now, no matter if in BTC, diamonds or camels.

•••
The value of crypto domain's is definitely correlated to the rise and fall of the crypto industry. Anyone that's been holding crypto domains during the peak and crash i.e 2017 to late 2019 will know this.

2018/2019 was probably the best time to buy crypto domains because many owners were liquidating during the bear market. Fast forward a few years it's now the best time to be holding crypto domains.

•••
I believe that many people who acquired the BTC at extremely low price, have great opportunity to snatch some incredible domains for 1BTC for example and diversify. At least what I will do for future consideration. The BTC domains will go up and up, no choice.

•••
Hi!

Basically if a bitcoin domain sold in September 2020 for let's say 1BTC ($10k then), can we price it for 1BTC now ($46K)? I know domains are not liquid and you can put a low price for a quick sale or wait a long time to sell for a lot, but still, is there a correlation?

Your thoughts? Thanks!l

I think so. Once Global Stablecoins like Diem get the Regulatory Green light they will take a massive share of cross border remittances which are worth tens of Trillions.

Right now, GlobalStablecoins.com isn’t relevant. When the market cap of Global Stablecoins is in the Trillions the Value of the Domain will reflect that.

Last edited:
•••
Hmm, no. People still look at the "fiat" amount, usually, when considering a purchase in this industry. 1 BTC being $10k one year, the next being $60k (like now, 14th March 2021), not sure if that would fly with a buyer...chancing it a bit. Just my little opinion

•••
Back