Dynadot

domains Shop owner is fighting Nike over the name JustSuccIt.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
After she said Nike filed an opposition to her trademark, the owner of an online succulent store, Just Succ It, is turning to TikTok for help fighting the sportswear giant

Andrea Galbreath recently went viral after posting about her legal dilemma on TikTok. She's using the platform to get advice from users in fighting a cease-and-desist from the sportswear giant.

“I didn’t know what to do ... I thought, well if I post something, someone’s going to leave a comment that will put me in the right direction,” Galbreath told NBC News. “And maybe someone has been through this before and they could say, ‘This happened to me and this is what I did.’”

The Southern California-based small business owner first fell in love with the hardy plants while trying to make her front yard drought-tolerant by planting rows of succulents instead of grass. She thought of the name Just Succ It after “a couple of glasses of wine,” and decided to buy the domain name in case she wanted to start a succulent-themed blog.

read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No that's not true. They are defending their trademark.

No they're not, they are abusing their power and wealth to state that no one else in the world can use the words Just and It in a name.

It's not like they invented Just Do It either, but that TM also doesn't mean they own exclusive rights to each of those 3 words individually.

Last edited:
•••
Oh dear. I'm having trouble staying quiet again. You are all missing the point. It doesn't matter that Nike Inc has around 50% of the global athletic shoe market, that it has over 75000 employees, owns Converse, has a brand worth over $ 30 billion or that Nike was founded and remains headquartered in Oregon. It's a trademark issue. Nike wouldn't be taking legal action unless they believed their trademark rights were being infringed. Nike has every right to take legal action on this one. I'm not saying they are correct or that they aren't because I'm not a lawyer. It seems all of you are lawyers. See you all in court! 🤔

•••
•••
Next she'll choose "Be Less Succ" and pretend she didn't steal it from a famous coke brand...

•••
Like it or not, trademark infingements must be vigorously defended by the owner.

•••
McDonalds is "I'm lovin it". Be warned: Don't register "I'm against it" or "I'm hatin it"

•••
McDonalds is "I'm lovin it". Be warned: Don't register "I'm against it" or "I'm hatin it"
Or "I'm succin' it"...

•••
If your domain has the first word "just" or "Im" in the name, watch out.. the big fish may be on you! lol

•••
If your domain has the first word "just" or "Im" in the name, watch out.. the big fish may be on you! lol
Doesn't matter if you're fighting racism or promoting world peace. If you have just, im, do, it. Wait a minute...did you just say "do it"? Not on our watch you aren't

•••
i just dont get why she doesnt think of another slogan? it wasnt creative. she clearly jacked it from nike. Nike probably has some of the best lawyers in the game too, think of all the brands they own and defend

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back