IT.COM

discuss She-hulk TV Series: A Case of in Movie Trademark Infringement Example

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainNature

Top Member
Impact
Hello
Just watched in the She-Hulk TV Series in 1st Season 5th Episode there is a case of She-Hulk defending her name in court, she was able to prove that she used the name before other woman Trademarked the name and She-Hulk won in the end.
You can go watch to see, it was interesting, it seems if she did not prove the usage of She-Hulk before Trademark the other woman could have won the case to use her name for Makeup products.
Also the domain (shehulk.com) is registered from 2002 and currently at Epik, interesting how someone could come with such keyword so many years ago.
P.s. if posted in the wrong section, Mods can move where is proper one.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Also the domain (shehulk.com) is registered from 2002 and currently at Epik, interesting how someone could come with such keyword so many years ago.
That person did not have foresight. She-Hulk is a comic book character that dates back to the early 1980's.
When the domain was registered, the comic character had existed for over 20 years.

Brad

•••
That person did not have foresight. She-Hulk is a comic book character that dates back to the early 1980's.
When the domain was registered, the comic character had existed for over 20 years.

Brad
Did not know of Comics have think She-Hulk is something new.
So in this case those who own the domain can lose it through UDRP right?

•••
Did not know of Comics have think She-Hulk is something new.
So in this case those who own the domain can lose it through UDRP right?

It is certainly playing with fire.

Marvel has won UDRP in the past involving the terms Avengers, Spider-Man, Silver Surfer, Captain America, Xmen, Wolverine, etc.

I see (7) TM entries for "She-Hulk". In all of those Marvel is listed as the owner/applicant.

I have no idea who the owner is, what the past history is, etc. but I think Marvel could likely make a strong case if they wanted the domain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/She-Hulk
First appearance: The Savage She-Hulk #1 (February 1980)

Brad

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back